PDA

View Full Version : In-Box Redemption Code..Working?

Phrankus
05-15-2010, 12:59 PM
I have seen a couple of threads talking about the bundled redemption code and how it will not work until the 28th of July, but I'm confused.

Y'see, mine works. I'm currently downloading something that is 555.54mb. The blurb on the right hand side of the screen says that the episode will be available later and I'll be emailed a code etc etc, but what is it that I'm actually downloading now? It's titled "Alan Wake Downloadable Content".

Wicelow
05-15-2010, 01:04 PM
I have seen a couple of threads talking about the bundled redemption code and how it will not work until the 28th of July, but I'm confused.

Y'see, mine works. I'm currently downloading something that is 555.54mb. The blurb on the right hand side of the screen says that the episode will be available later and I'll be emailed a code etc etc, but what is it that I'm actually downloading now? It's titled "Alan Wake Downloadable Content".
Well... When your download is over, launch the game and tell us :woop:

But I'm definitely not taking the chance to see my redeem code rejected at the end of july just to try it now...

Phrankus
05-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Ok so the download is done.. Launched the game and the "episodes" menu item is still greyed out. I assumed it would be this that changed if anything was going to! Also nothing available in the "downloadable content" menu..

I haven't actually played the game yet (just starting now)..I wonder if I'll get anything tacked on the end. I'll have to compare my ending with someone's elses when I'm done!

EDDS
05-15-2010, 01:59 PM
what is the name of the content you downloaded in the memory section of the dashboard under alan wake.

Phrankus
05-15-2010, 03:10 PM
what is the name of the content you downloaded in the memory section of the dashboard under alan wake.

Good Question. The Answer is that there is nothing there, which is odd.

It appears in my download history as "Alan Wake Downloadable Content". If I select it from there a black screen appears with white writing: the information is repeated about the DLC being due in July, and says "in the mean time please enjoy this message from Remedy" (or something along those lines).

After a number of screens with (presumably) the same message in various languages, a video starts with the MD of remedy and the lead writer sitting on a couch. They say that they are glad that you preordered the game, talk about the fact that it was a long project as they wanted to get everything just right.

They mention the game has been in post-production and playable for a year, and that they have been cutting and editing since then (didn't find time to look into the dubious lipsyncing then?). They also talk about "deploying strengths" from max opayne into Alan Wake, and the development of the strong storyline as a central element of the game.

Cue plot summary and chats about game mechanics, cliffangers, episodes etc..and the announcement of the upcoming release date of "May this year". The whole thing looks like a video that theoretically should have been sent to people WHEN they placed their pre-orders, not when they recieved the game.

The video is about 13 minutes, 3 of which are the black screens at the start.

After watching the video, I located the file in the videos section of the memory..Mystery solved!

Wicelow
05-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Launched the game and the "episodes" menu item is still greyed out.
This is actually the place to replay episodes from the main game (I gained acces to it after chapter one completion).

OK so they made a video for curious people I guess :p

Phrankus
05-15-2010, 04:42 PM
As Requested by Axel GERMANY, here is an Xbox marketplace link to the video so it can be downloaded to the 360.

Hopefully this will work for those interested!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/offers/0bbf0006-0000-4000-8000-00004d530805

Hawaiian
05-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I found the Xbox.com Link for the Video:

Alan Wake Downloadable Content - Prepaid Code - File Size 556 MB
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0bbf0006-0000-4000-8000-00004d530805?cid=SLink

Thank you for buying Alan Wake! As you are a first time purchaser, the code you have entered entitles you to a free game add on later this year. This episode will be available on July 28, 2010 and a new code will be emailed to you at that time to download. Please check your e-mail inbox associated with your GamerTag in July to receive information on how to access this content and make sure your email address is correct by visiting Xbox.com/accounts.

Edit: Sorry didn't see your post before & thanks for the link

acurate bob
05-15-2010, 04:56 PM
dunno if you noticed but the guy on the right is who was used for the Max Payne Stills. Max himself.

It may well be the finished episode. But as they say it's been playable for a year I'd figure it ready too.

As to not getting episdoe it's because they want us to wait until it's as clean as the full game.

Also I don't see any major problems with the lip synching. Lovin his game btw.

Hawaiian
05-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Can someone upload the Video on YouTube or something? I don't want to enter mine becuase I think Microsoft / Remedy will need some time to send everyone a new code and then I might end up getting a new code one week after the DLC is released or something. But I dont know. Thanks in advance.

surreal_82
05-15-2010, 06:13 PM
the 556mb download, altough it mentions about the extra chapter, or different point of view, what you are actually downloading is the updated facial features as they knew it was a bit iffy, it is simply a texture/graphics update to hopefully smooth out the facial animation, havent checked to see a difference since downloading this morning, started last night off of live so couldnt download then... but im pretty sure this is waht the 556 mb is

Phrankus
05-15-2010, 09:29 PM
the 556mb download, altough it mentions about the extra chapter, or different point of view, what you are actually downloading is the updated facial features as they knew it was a bit iffy, it is simply a texture/graphics update to hopefully smooth out the facial animation, havent checked to see a difference since downloading this morning, started last night off of live so couldnt download then... but im pretty sure this is waht the 556 mb is

I would be doubtful about this personally, looking at the video in the Xbox memory it is 555mb in size. Unless this patch was >1mb I would say it was not included...

surreal_82
05-16-2010, 01:16 PM
more than likely then, just seems odd for such large content for a short video though

Azrael008uk
05-16-2010, 08:16 PM
You need this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228741