PDA

View Full Version : Meet The Deadline.

Music-My-Savior
05-15-2010, 06:32 PM
So does anyone have any actual details about this achievement? I know you're supposed to make it from the Coal Mine to Cauldron Lake in 30 minutes but what happens if you die, does the timer stop or continue- has anyone tested this? I was doing it and died and wondered if the time wasted restarting that section would work against me.

So, if anyone has any details it would be appreciated.

Belevorn
05-15-2010, 07:43 PM
I didn't have the achievement and I tried to get it just after reading this message. I rushed through all the fights without stop and got killed twice and got the achievement so I can confirm you can get it even dieing in the way.

IXISHADOW
05-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I didn't have the achievement and I tried to get it just after reading this message. I rushed through all the fights without stop and got killed twice and got the achievement so I can confirm you can get it even dieing in the way. I expect that the time will be reset to the time of your last checkpoint if you die. But it's excellent news that dying has no effect. Now just to figure out how I will do the Gunless Wonder achievement.

N3xus Gam3r
05-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Now just to figure out how I will do the Gunless Wonder achievement. Oh that was a serious pain in the ass :mad:

died alot, a good info note, SAFE FLASH GRENADES FOR A LARGE BUNCH OF TAKENS!!! :) use the flares to make a road through them ;) if you have nothing left, RUN MAN, RUN!!!!

Belevorn
05-15-2010, 08:23 PM
I expect that the time will be reset to the time of your last checkpoint if you die. But it's excellent news that dying has no effect. Now just to figure out how I will do the Gunless Wonder achievement.

I just did that one as well right now :woop: Running a lot and using flares when needed (with some nasty "takens" specially...) should do the trick. By the way... I can confirm also that getting killed trying to get this one doesn't matter either ;)

Ozbaab
05-16-2010, 04:11 AM
Got killed once and just did it. I have no idea how long I had since there is no timer, so can't say it was easy or not D:

Hiryu
05-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Oh that was a serious pain in the ass :mad:

died alot, a good info note, SAFE FLASH GRENADES FOR A LARGE BUNCH OF TAKENS!!! :) use the flares to make a road through them ;) if you have nothing left, RUN MAN, RUN!!!!

what??? where did it pop up??? I did it to the tornado and nuttin.... was very frustrating. I am sure i didnt shoot anything..... is it wrong to pick up weapons???? hmmm.... i just used flashgrenades and flares.... damn.... do you have to kill the tornado with those???? help pls

N3xus Gam3r
05-16-2010, 12:04 PM
no, it's not ruining your chance to get the achievement :)

are you sure you didnt shoot anything? maybe you couldnt remember
did you kill the truck before walking in to the tornado?

Le Vampyr
05-16-2010, 12:59 PM
what??? where did it pop up??? I did it to the tornado and nuttin.... was very frustrating. I am sure i didnt shoot anything..... is it wrong to pick up weapons???? hmmm.... i just used flashgrenades and flares.... damn.... do you have to kill the tornado with those???? help pls

I picked up guns and that, though I didn't shoot the flare gun, just to be safe. Got the achievement when I reached the tornado (which I used the flare gun on, after the achievement unlocked)

Ozbaab
05-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Looking forward to doing that :]

Hiryu
05-16-2010, 02:17 PM
no, it's not ruining your chance to get the achievement :)

are you sure you didnt shoot anything? maybe you couldnt remember
did you kill the truck before walking in to the tornado?

yes I am sure :(

hm.... the truck? you mean i have to shut all those moving trucks/rocks/cars around the tornado down first?

i reached the tornado scene with only 2 flares and 0 grenades.. ;(

N3xus Gam3r
05-16-2010, 06:15 PM
No the poltergies things that was blocking your Way in to the tornado :)

Crimson Ridley
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
I've just done Gunless Wonder, wasn't near as hard as expected, but very fun. :) Make sure you don't fire anything from the very start of the level, when it's daylight. I'd say firing the Flare gun would also void the achievement too, so don't fire that.

I found it easiest to drop a flare behind me, especially when going in to a tunnel, or between something, as the Taken won't follow. Those moments where you're running to a light source are even more arse tightening than waiting for a checkpoint on CoD.

I forgot all about Meet The Deadline though, will have to go back and get that one now.

N3xus Gam3r
05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
^^. H
yeah it wasnt that hard, but it's just annoying, when you run out off flares and FG :/

Ozbaab
05-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Ill be trying Gunless Wonder now. Did An Idyllic Small Town, was cake! :)

Nemiroff
05-29-2010, 10:02 PM
FYI, the achievement will pop as you get near the end when the camera zooms in on Cauldron Lake. I died three times and still got it.

trublustuuk
05-30-2010, 01:48 PM
When the camera zooms on Cauldron Lake is that the last part of the Meet The Deadline cheevo?

Also whats the last part of the Gunless Wonder cheevo? I got as far as the part where you have a big spotlight you can use and a few of the harder chainsaw taken come at you before I accidently fired a flare gun. Took me a few goes at this part before I got annoyed and turned it off lol

Red Testament
05-30-2010, 04:32 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to get this achievement. I initially started to get this achievement, making some pretty good time, but halfway through I felt I had fought to many enemies. It seemed like I couldn't get away far enough with getting hit.

So I just kind of went at a medium pace. I got to the dilapidated house where the floor crashes through. I paused the game just curious how I done on time, seeing on how I could improve my time. Much to my surprise I realized I was about 28 minutes. So instead of fighting the massive amount of taken, I simply ran past the Taken as I dropped flares and flashbangs. I imagine I just barely made it.

DeadOnArrival19
05-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Found 'meet the deadline' pretty straight forward, didnt hang around and done it on my first attempt on normal difficulty, did do alot of dropping the flares i had, and lots of running. Just nightmare difficulty playthrough with the nightmare manuscripts to go...... cant wait.....

McDan1el
06-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Guys - are you just reloading the chapters in Normal to do this - or are they difficulty specific?

Also (and I don't know if this is just because I am playing on hard?) - but I've read a lot of "just run away" but I find it impossible, trying to sprint when they are around I just constantly dodge and look like I am doing some sort of tribal dance and the taken are SUPER fast and catch up with me... I always day as a result of trying to run away :(

Any tips?

Nemiroff
06-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Guys - are you just reloading the chapters in Normal to do this - or are they difficulty specific?

Also (and I don't know if this is just because I am playing on hard?) - but I've read a lot of "just run away" but I find it impossible, trying to sprint when they are around I just constantly dodge and look like I am doing some sort of tribal dance and the taken are SUPER fast and catch up with me... I always day as a result of trying to run away :(

Any tips?

I would say that when you're running away use the flashlight to stun them, then run while they're stunned. It'll give you a little more time.

Sadpanda45
06-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Jesus christ you people are telling me you went through a level without firing any bullets that took me like an hour and some odd minutes to do while firing bullets like a mad man, how in the hell did you pull that off?

trublustuuk
06-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Jesus christ you people are telling me you went through a level without firing any bullets that took me like an hour and some odd minutes to do while firing bullets like a mad man, how in the hell did you pull that off?

Just basically run the whoel way through it, stun and stall the Taken as much as possible, it's easier if you know which direction to go to get to the Light checkpoint thingy.

It thankfully didn't save when I turned it off the other night so the aaccidental flare msifire didn't affecti t :)

Sadpanda45
06-04-2010, 06:30 AM
im going to have to try that