PDA

View Full Version : Is Gather All Trading Cards really a missable achievement?

I am Goliath
05-16-2010, 01:43 AM
The guide says that the achievement is missible, but in other places it states you can replay chapters to get trading cards missed, as long as a new game isn't started. So which is true?

LivingGsuscryst
05-16-2010, 02:03 AM
you can replay chapters, however the save anywhere feature (telephones) are disabled. so you can only save by finishing the entire chapter. depending on the chapter this could be quick and simple or drawn out and a pain.

i think most would agree it is best to do them in your play through. but if you missed any no big deal.

pmWolf
05-18-2010, 07:04 PM
I'd say that it is NOT missable.

CoruptAI125
05-25-2010, 11:50 PM
I almost asked the same question but since I plan on playing this game anyway Think i'll just follow a guide so I dont have to use replay.

pmWolf
05-26-2010, 12:22 PM
I almost asked the same question but since I plan on playing this game anyway Think i'll just follow a guide so I dont have to use replay.

FYI: Replaying chapters can be VERY dangerous....particularly if you replay Ch 2, with all of the squirrel keys. At the end of that replay, it will delete ALL temporary quest keys from your inventory, even "non-squirrel" ones.

In Chapter 9, I got a key to the back gate of the diner from Olivia. Before I continued on with the mission, I decided to knock off some sidequests by replaying Chapter 2. When I went to resume the game, it had DELETED the key to the back gate of the diner...which meant that I couldn't get in there to meet Olivia and advance the story. (Basically, a game breaking glitch).

In any case, just be aware. Replaying chapters is fine...but be careful if you have a quest-related key in your inventory beforehand.

TheToiletBrush
05-26-2010, 05:15 PM
You can't put quest related items like keys in your toolbox, can you?

TheToiletBrush
05-26-2010, 05:17 PM
FYI: Replaying chapters can be VERY dangerous....particularly if you replay Ch 2, with all of the squirrel keys. At the end of that replay, it will delete ALL temporary quest keys from your inventory, even "non-squirrel" ones.

In Chapter 9, I got a key to the back gate of the diner from Olivia. Before I continued on with the mission, I decided to knock off some sidequests by replaying Chapter 2. When I went to resume the game, it had DELETED the key to the back gate of the diner...which meant that I couldn't get in there to meet Olivia and advance the story. (Basically, a game breaking glitch).

In any case, just be aware. Replaying chapters is fine...but be careful if you have a quest-related key in your inventory beforehand.

It took me a while to understand what you were talking about here, but now it makes sense. The squirrel keys that you pick up while looking for the filing cabinet key.

pmWolf
05-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Correct.

Thing is, it will delete ALL keys from your inventory, even the ones that you picked up in a spot other than Ch. 2.

And no...you can't put any of that stuff in your item box.

TheToiletBrush
06-08-2010, 02:38 AM
Then, if you replayed the Art Museum again, it'd delte your keys too. You get a temp key in there as well.