PDA

View Full Version : Old school nick/how the world has changed.

CrAzYnEsS
05-16-2010, 07:57 AM
I miss old school nickelodeon, shows like-

Are you afraid of the dark

Wild and crazy kids

Kenan and Kel

Hey Arnold

Rugrats, i could go on and on posting all the other ones but i'm gonna spare you the trouble.

You see i bring this up because awhile ago Xboxlive started puting old school nick on the market place, and it got me thinking. When the hell did disney become king. No wonder so many damn kids are getting in trouble now a days theres nothing good on television for them to whatch. When i seen some of the shows on now a days when my neice and nephew were watching, i was like this ain't approprite, when it came to some of the things going on, and i'm 20. BF GF stuff all over the thing, kids with makeup all on, Some kids talking about running away, i hate my parents. The things on tv now a days is sad for younger aduiences, sure some things in the past may have been inappropriate, but not like today. Even nick at nite has no more great shows on. I just don't understand how people wonder why the younger generation has become the way they have become, but if they want the answer watch tv. The media portrays that things are a certain way or should be, and kids eat it all up. THey blame this on videogames, but it aint. YOu can prevent someone from getting a videogame, but when its already in your house, and all you have to do is push one button to start seeing the wrong thing, as a little kid it sticks with you forever. OH and one last thing, this is for all the oldschool nickelodeon fans. FU DISNEY AND YOUR JONAS BROS AND MILEY CIRUS'S

Joker0fLife
05-16-2010, 04:26 PM
I agree, mostly. Kenan & Kel was the shiz. And for Nick At Night The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Three's Company were great.

guillermo316
05-16-2010, 04:49 PM
word! i miss hey arnold, kenan and kel were awsome, did these shows have season finales? b/c did hey arnold end with the movie?

njdevils17
05-16-2010, 05:01 PM
I can't believe kids these days like the shows currently on TV.

I've tried watching some of these shows, and except for Spongebob, all of these shows just lack structure or humor or anything that made the old shows good.

TV in general has also become a lot worse too. I just stick to watching re-runs of good shows or I watch sports now.

FFFreak1129
05-17-2010, 10:50 AM
I used to love their old shows. Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Salute Your Shorts, Guts and Are you Afraid of the Dark were all fun to watch. Now a days I don't really watch tv anymore.

Iconoclast
05-17-2010, 01:08 PM
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

YES. +win

/10char

lordrex217
05-17-2010, 01:16 PM
I used to love their old shows. Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Salute Your Shorts, Guts and Are you Afraid of the Dark were all fun to watch. Now a days I don't really watch tv anymore.

absolutely loved Salute Your Shorts. that and Rocko's Modern Life were my two favorite shows on Nick.

B1GM13
05-17-2010, 01:25 PM
sorry but it was all about Doug!

who didnt like the Beets?? ;)

http://shirtsays.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/the-beets-bustedtees.jpg

but yeah used to Love Nick's shows!

* Rocko's Modern Life
* Ren & Stimpy
* Argh Real Monsters
* Rugrats
* Doug
* Clarissa Explains It All
* Pete & Pete
* Sister Sister
* Keenan And Kel

then a few of the newer yet still old shows like Cat-Dog, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold....

those were the days,

there's so much shit on now though.

on a plus point thought at 10pm on Nick they show 1 episode of Doug... you bet your fucking ass i V+ that shit ;)

Joker0fLife
05-17-2010, 08:41 PM
sorry but it was all about Doug!

How could I forget Doug, Skeeter, and Porkchop :( I miss the 90's

Louis BCFC1875
05-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Kenan and Kel was the shit!

Who likes orange soda?

Tussell
05-18-2010, 07:37 AM
90's Nickelodeon was my life. I can't even begin to explain.

Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Rugrats, Doug, Clarissa Explains It All, The Secret World of Alex Mack, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Cousin Skeeter, Keenan And Kel, All That, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Hey Dude, Figure It Out (Family and Wild), Global Guts, Wild and Crazy Kids, Salute Your Shorts, Ghostwriter, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Hey Arnold!, KaBlam!, Rocket Power, Double Dare (Super Sloppy, Family, 2000), Weinerville, etc.

Can't forget about the good ole' shows from an even younger age on Nick Jr. though.

Allegra's Window, Eureka's Castle, The Busy World of Richard Scary, Maurice Sendak's Little Bear, Gullah Gullah Island, etc.