PDA

View Full Version : Missing one thermos? How cann I find it?

The Dauntless
05-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Having gone through the game twice I have found every collectible but ONE thermos.

Is there anyway to tell what chapter it is on at least??

Trash Man
05-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Unfortunately not :(

You are gonna just have to go through the game again with a guide and hope it's one that's nearer the start than the end.

You could read the descriptions of the flask locations and see if there is one there that does not seem familiar.

chichan123
05-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Even i am missing one......i've gone thru the game almost twice just like yourself. Now i am going thru the video guide posted here.....since i have played twice already, seeing the video should give an idea abt the missing one. So far 3 episodes vids have been posted and it looks like i have got everything so far....waiting for the other three.

See if this way helps you. The vids can be found at
http://swearingatvideogames.com/2010/05/04/alan-wake-collectibles/

The Dauntless
05-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the tip Cardkris. I GOT IT!!! I had started going through reading the descriptions but its tough to truly know there were a lot I was unsure about. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I watched the video for Episode 1 and there was one i thought I didnt get so I replayed it (took 40 mins) but I had already got it :(!

Then I watched the 2nd video and there was one that I said to myself "No way did I do that". So replayed the Episode and got it!!

In case anyone is curious it is the one at 4 mins 50 into the video.

YAY

Ozbaab
05-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Sweet grats, I'm missing 7.. going to start over from Nightmare soon tho

tehGUN
05-16-2010, 08:20 PM
good luck mate

Crimson Ridley
05-16-2010, 10:58 PM

Dude, I think I love you. I'm missing one Thermos too, and after watching that video at 4:50, I belive that is the one that I'm missing, as I can't find a mention of it in Webb's Collectibles Guide, which until Episode 3, I was using.

I'll check tomorrow morning, and hopefully it's there. :)

It kind of sucks in a way though, as I'd just gone through this level for my final Manuscipt and final Hidden Chest, not thinking that my final Thermos may also be there.

chichan123
05-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the tip Cardkris. I GOT IT!!! I had started going through reading the descriptions but its tough to truly know there were a lot I was unsure about. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I watched the video for Episode 1 and there was one i thought I didnt get so I replayed it (took 40 mins) but I had already got it :(!

Then I watched the 2nd video and there was one that I said to myself "No way did I do that". So replayed the Episode and got it!!

YAY

Sweet!! Nice to know that you got it....still waiting for the other 3 vids...should get the missing one by today hopefully

Ozbaab
05-17-2010, 04:09 AM
Now I'm missing just one. This wasn't that difficult to find em all tbh!

metallicorphan
05-17-2010, 12:38 PM
hmm,that Swearing at video games site made my PC slow to a crawl,never had any problems with any other sites

Ozbaab
05-17-2010, 12:55 PM
hmm,that Swearing at video games site made my PC slow to a crawl,never had any problems with any other sites

:o weird.. Works fine for me

TNT LotLP
05-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Man, I still have 29 to get. But then again, I didn't look for them at all. Just picked em up if I found them. :P

blade_pkr
05-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Glad to see that swearingatvideogames has a collectable's guide. Now, should i start a new game and get the collectables? (i'm on episode 3) or carry on and finish the game, then run through and get the collectables?

chichan123
05-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Glad to see that swearingatvideogames has a collectable's guide. Now, should i start a new game and get the collectables? (i'm on episode 3) or carry on and finish the game, then run through and get the collectables?

Its better to finish and enjoy the game first and then go for the collectibles. Most of them are easy to find, just a few tricky ones for which u need a guide

Quickdraw
05-17-2010, 03:25 PM
i really wish for collectable stuff they break it down per level would save so much damn hassle when trying to find that last one or last few rather than having to rerun miss it and try again emo times :(.

Trash Man
05-17-2010, 04:27 PM

You have to play it through twice anyway, so there is no point stopping now.

I played through on hard on my first go and then when I went through it on nightmare I used the guide and picked up any of the bits I missed.

catbhoy
05-17-2010, 05:07 PM
i really wish for collectable stuff they break it down per level would save so much damn hassle when trying to find that last one or last few rather than having to rerun miss it and try again emo times :(.

+1....................

Ozbaab
05-17-2010, 06:27 PM
I got my last sign and thermos a while ago. I had to replay every episode again, following the guide, as I didn't want to have to look around for stuff when I play Nightmare, which I do right now!
So, when I'm done with this Nightmare run I've completed the game three times D:

Cambo1979
05-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm just starting out and I'm guessing that you can't pick levels at choice. You need a whole re- run just to find one or two flasks?

Quickdraw
05-18-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm just starting out and I'm guessing that you can't pick levels at choice. You need a whole re- run just to find one or two flasks?

once you done your levels you can repick them, they are generally split into 2-3 sections of each episode. problem is if you screw up and loose track where u picked stuff up then ull waste time researching

Cambo1979
05-18-2010, 12:36 PM
once you done your levels you can repick them, they are generally split into 2-3 sections of each episode. problem is if you screw up and loose track where u picked stuff up then ull waste time researching

Ah I see, thanks mate. It's better than a full re-run but I can see why that's a bit punishing.

II OE II
05-18-2010, 10:19 PM
after following Webb's guide for the coffee thermos i ran into a problem mid way through chapter 3. Where his guide says "43: bottom of the museum at night" i noticed i had 42/43... and after replaying the whole game again to find this one thing, i still havent found it. any ideas? oh, im also missing 1 sign, and i have followed the guide exactly.

Sh0tgunSquirrel
05-19-2010, 02:26 AM
I could cry. I've been on 99 for days now! Im just starting chapter 4 AGAIN using the guide, I really hope my missing one turns up soon!

metallicorphan
05-19-2010, 04:13 PM
i had a missing thermos as well,so i started the game ...again,and i was in need of the run to cauldron lake in 30 minutes achievement....so i started to do that,and half way there i found my missing Thermos behind a Cabin,just by luck i went the wrong way and saw it(it was behind a cabin that had two exits)

1000/1000 now :woop:

Quickdraw
05-19-2010, 04:18 PM
after following Webb's guide for the coffee thermos i ran into a problem mid way through chapter 3. Where his guide says "43: bottom of the museum at night" i noticed i had 42/43... and after replaying the whole game again to find this one thing, i still havent found it. any ideas? oh, im also missing 1 sign, and i have followed the guide exactly.

hmm not sure, always consult another guide when you think uve missed something, swearingatvideogames has them all written down and a video guide for the first few levels you could try that for insight. worked for me.

ive also read afew posts that if you found 43 first went back for 42 people couldn't find it and are thinking it is bugged, from what ive read, if you truely cant find it even with a video or picture guide this could have happen to you maybe.

makinc
06-22-2010, 03:59 AM
I had to go back for about 3 or 4 I missed. There are some good video guides on YouTube. Here are some I missed:

Episode 2: right before you go to the cabin, turn around and go back uphill to the car.
Episode 3: #37. After the radio station. You go a long way up a mountain (for no good reason) and it's up there at the edge of a cliff. If you keep going up the mountain, there's a radio tower with a manuscript page.
Episode 4: #63. On a stump by a tractor that isn't visible from your car as you drive by.

SandpiperN121PP
07-25-2010, 05:57 PM
I also was missing only one and after completing the game went back to the only one I could possibly think I missed and it was there. For me it was the one up on the hill heading to the tower on the hill which is not a needed path to take. It made me so happy to finally get my last thermos! :)

hodge
07-27-2010, 11:35 AM

Ahh I was wondering this too so thanks. I missed a manuscript page and a thermos, but I'm using the collectables guide and I know which ones I missed, so it's all good =]