PDA

View Full Version : Bad Sport?

scott_20uk
05-17-2010, 07:54 AM
I was playing Fifa world cup 2010 last night and the following happened... (Xbox Live Fifa World Cup Mode)

I was a 1 star team and i came up against Denmark, at half time the other team was winning 6 - 2 (So i was getting tanned) and at the start of the second half all the other player did was pass it around his defence & play it to his keeper, while trying to do silly tricks!

I mean come on 6 - 2 up and then do that? I stayed in the game tho, and just put my controller down and went and got a drink, when i came back he was still pratting around with the ball along his back 4....

Yes maybe he got bored of playing me? maybe he thought i may have got some goals back? (The score line didnt do me justice, i hit the post twice and lobbed his keeper for the ball to bounce over the cross bar!) But when your leading 6 - 2 a little sportsman ship would go along way (I know i cant expect much because this is XBL lol) The game ended with him still passing the ball about like a pleb!

Just to add : There are some real good honest players on the game also, far less quiters and some also the other day i was playing someone online, and Lampard got injured he obv noticed this and kicked the ball out for me, so i could make the sub! I then took the throw in and booted the ball back to his keeper! At the end of the game he messaged me saying good game, nice to see theres some good sports left on xbox! (Nice of the player to do this he even lost 3 - 1) So i gave him some positive rep also!

tate1987
05-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Thats annoying, even if you were only 3-2 or 4-2 down and were really threatening his goal its not something you want to see.

Ive noticed a lot less quitters too, but only had the game a week, a lot have quit out before the match because their team has considerably lower star rating though, but thats sort of understandable if youre not a great player and are going for the achievements.

But thats great with the good sportsmanship of the other player in that game, and kudos to you for giving the ball back, hope I encounter players as nice as this and not just selfish players who spit their dummy out when losing and a) quit, b) start shouting c) start shouting then quit or d) just start fouling all the time trying to get sent off and get the match abandoned.

scott_20uk
05-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Very true, and a great reply!

I can understand people backing out of a game before it has started due to the star ratings, and everyone likes to play on a level field / Small advantage!

And there are some good sports on the game, who play for the love of football.

:)

A J
05-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Why pass around when its 6-2 ?
There are some ok people though, i have met people who score own goals to level up the score to make it even and to keep the game lively, as we all get bored and lose interest if were 2 or 3 nil down in the 70-80th minute .

scott_20uk
05-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Thats my point! Why pass it around the back 4 when he was winning 6 - 2 ?

Very annoying! :(

James Medway
05-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Yeah i was playing someone who was beating me 4-0 then i scored 3 goals in like 10 minutes and then from 55-90 mins he just passed it around his defence

i wasn't happy, the tv screen took a lot of abuse !!

goofyvillain
05-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Might sound weird, but the two times I've encountered people doing this to me on this game, is when I've been ahead, once 4-1 up and earlier when I was 5-2 up. Did make me chuckle and I just sat there thinking "I'm ahead, you wanna mess about, fine with me".

tate1987
05-18-2010, 08:15 AM
Yeah i was playing someone who was beating me 4-0 then i scored 3 goals in like 10 minutes and then from 55-90 mins he just passed it around his defence

i wasn't happy, the tv screen took a lot of abuse !!

I had this last night with the passing around their own defence after i pulled a couple of goals back

I was playing as Estonia in the online world cup to get the 2 star group stage achievement.

1st game i get Argentina, was losing 5-1 at half time. i came out all guns blazing in the 2nd half and pulled it back to 5-3, then yawn, i dont think i got another touch of the ball, after about 65 mins of the match.
Quite funny though as it felt to me that the opposition was getting scared.

p.s. Estonia are a great little team, i ended up in the 1/4 finals before losing to Italy so got the Dream Come True achievement also.

Sir Pat Divers
05-19-2010, 04:38 AM
Might sound weird, but the two times I've encountered people doing this to me on this game, is when I've been ahead, once 4-1 up and earlier when I was 5-2 up. Did make me chuckle and I just sat there thinking "I'm ahead, you wanna mess about, fine with me".

I've had the same situation. I was Canada in an Online World Cup and was in the last game in my Group Stage (I was in the lead after beating England and France) against Montenegro. The guy was playing me great the whole entire game and I finally broke through scoring the first goal in the 70th minute making it 1-0. Then I tackled one of his players perfectly and scored another on a breakaway in the 75th minute to make it 2-0. Then, immediately after kickoff, he starts firing away at his own goal and scores 10 own goals and then quits the game. Haha, it was hilarious.

I agree with you, there are not as many quitters in this game and I find the online mode in this to be much more entertaining than that in FIFA 10. Just the challenge of trying to take a country like Tahiti through the World Cup is so much fun.

Yid1984
05-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I lost 3-0 to France with Grenada, played him off the park in terms of shots on goal, corners and tackles. He got 3 in 10 minutes all from dreadfull goalkeeping antics (who would have thought that?)

Anyway, as soon as the game ends he sends me a message saying ''dam u suck''

No need for it and if he wasnt a 5 star team he would have lost easily.

Snake Eyes
05-20-2010, 04:54 AM
There are certainly some sore losers/bad sports out there alright I hired the game out for a night and thought what the hell I will try and win the online world cup with a half star team any way I choose Afghanistan (I’m actually from Australia) and managed to get my first win against the USA now in the game I accidentally gave away a penalty which my opponent missed when the game finished I sent a message to the player I just beat 1-0 saying “that was the most nerve wrecking game I have ever had especially when you got that penalty thanks for game” only to get a response of “Fuck you Ghandi” so here I am trying to be a good sport saying thanks for the game etc only to get nothing but bad sportsmanship in return by an obvious sore loser.

Achilles10Troy
05-26-2010, 07:03 AM
"the guy is scared...scared of you sick, degenerate convicts" although instead of convicts it should be your players or team:P

Purant
05-26-2010, 01:50 PM
ye people take the game to seriously this dude went 1-0 up after 3 mins and held the ball the entire game -.-

elninotorres08
05-26-2010, 03:34 PM
hey you think thats bullcrap at my secondary school we do a world/euro cup tournament on the xbox 360. won 35 last time using austria. this year im Korea DPR and im yet 2 play brazil, portugal & ivory coast :( unlucky me.......IM SCREWED

Correcto7
05-26-2010, 08:57 PM
I was playing Fifa world cup 2010 last night and the following happened... (Xbox Live Fifa World Cup Mode)

I was a 1 star team and i came up against Denmark, at half time the other team was winning 6 - 2 (So i was getting tanned) and at the start of the second half all the other player did was pass it around his defence & play it to his keeper, while trying to do silly tricks!

I mean come on 6 - 2 up and then do that? I stayed in the game tho, and just put my controller down and went and got a drink, when i came back he was still pratting around with the ball along his back 4....

Yes maybe he got bored of playing me? maybe he thought i may have got some goals back? (The score line didnt do me justice, i hit the post twice and lobbed his keeper for the ball to bounce over the cross bar!) But when your leading 6 - 2 a little sportsman ship would go along way (I know i cant expect much because this is XBL lol) The game ended with him still passing the ball about like a pleb!

Just to add : There are some real good honest players on the game also, far less quiters and some also the other day i was playing someone online, and Lampard got injured he obv noticed this and kicked the ball out for me, so i could make the sub! I then took the throw in and booted the ball back to his keeper! At the end of the game he messaged me saying good game, nice to see theres some good sports left on xbox! (Nice of the player to do this he even lost 3 - 1) So i gave him some positive rep also!

The exact same thing happened to me today, i managed to qualify with Israel (3 stars) obviously trying to win the world cup achievement.
In the 16 part final, my first opponent is Italy and there is an italian guy playing. (doesn't have anything to do with it though)

We start playing, he gets 3 cheap goals and one quite nice goal, thats when I thought.. alright, now it's my turn to score.
after saying that, i actually managed to score against him, and that's when the bad sportsmanship comes into play. The entire game, he plays his ball back and forwards with his defence, pissed me off really. :s
I did snatch his ball twice and scored but the match ended 4-3.

Very disappointed since i did some great games before qualifying.. :/