PDA

View Full Version : Gunless wonder - on the road to cauldron lake

Havince
05-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Which Episode and Chapter is this achievment obtainable in ??

Obey The Tube
05-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Episode 6. It takes up most of the episode.

Quickdraw
05-17-2010, 11:43 AM
u get it b4 the tornado ive read, so far i did it on nightmare and wasnt that bad for it, so i think i can do it normal nps when i rerun.

running and if ure swamped flashum

i used good portion of flares crossing the bridge, apart from tht just drove most of the way

does the flaregun count as a gun im assuming it did meaning flashbangs and flares =/ flaregun would be so handy lol.

metallicorphan
05-17-2010, 11:43 AM
i did this last night

handy tip,if you only have flares,make sure you light them as you run to your next marker,as this will give you a little breathing room to get there(they will back off until the light has gone)...don't light them but hang about because using that weapon is very tempting

you need to get some distance between you and your pursuers especially as Alan Wake runs like he has Asthma and smokes 40 a day...as they can easily catch up to you

also,i found two stacks of cans on that level(i still needed the 5 for the achievement)..so i shot the cans and then reloaded the checkpoint,it still counted that i had got the stack of cans AND it still counted that i hadn't shot a weapon

chichan123
05-17-2010, 03:05 PM
This is easy in normal except for 2 areas where it gets a bit difficult. One place is where there is a huge light that u can use to burn enemies where alan is ambushed by several chainsaw maniacs, you have to push a mine cart to get your way while dodging this guys. The other one is towards the end of episode where vehicles fall down from the sky and you are surrounded by this Houdini splicers kind of guys who teleport and attack you. I saved all flashbangs and used here to eliminate them and got the achivement. Did this on my first attempt while playing the story

Quickdraw
05-17-2010, 03:34 PM
This is easy in normal except for 2 areas where it gets a bit difficult. One place is where there is a huge light that u can use to burn enemies where alan is ambushed by several chainsaw maniacs, you have to push a mine cart to get your way while dodging this guys. The other one is towards the end of episode where vehicles fall down from the sky and you are surrounded by this Houdini splicers kind of guys who teleport and attack you. I saved all flashbangs and used here to eliminate them and got the achivement. Did this on my first attempt while playing the story

well i saved my flashbangs on the spotlight area and the second part your talkign of i just legged it and popped a flare when they got close and kept moving along.

considering i was doing it on nightmare it wasn't a smart idea but i can do it for sure on normal, prolly be able to save some flash and flares most times.

TartanSpartan17
05-17-2010, 03:41 PM

Yeah thats where I saved my flashbangs for. Especially the bit with the falling vehicles.

chichan123
05-17-2010, 03:48 PM
well i saved my flashbangs on the spotlight area and the second part your talkign of i just legged it and popped a flare when they got close and kept moving along.

considering i was doing it on nightmare it wasn't a smart idea but i can do it for sure on normal, prolly be able to save some flash and flares most times.

I tried flares with those Houdini guys but it had no effect, the flare wears off as soon as i throw at them. Two flashbangs can kill those guys....considering a coffee thermos at one of the trailer there, flashbang is a better option

Quickdraw
05-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I tried flares with those Houdini guys but it had no effect, the flare wears off as soon as i throw at them. Two flashbangs can kill those guys....considering a coffee thermos at one of the trailer there, flashbang is a better option

yer on normal you should be able to keep up with more flashbangs and killum but i tried summit differ ill try get the thermos next run hopefully