PDA

View Full Version : Playabililty?

TwIsTeD mInD42
05-17-2010, 06:37 PM
How long would you say you could play on this game without getting bored?

Im guessing just a solo campaign nothing else, and it looks good and an easy 1000g but i dont want to waste 30 quid to get it get the acheivos and finish with it, when i can easy rent it get 1000g

Rent or buy ?

ShadowNHL
05-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Since the game hasn't been released yet, no one really knows. The trailers don't give you much to go off of other than the game is about a bear who is going around killing the other bears. I heard there is a multiplayer mode with games like capture the flag, king of the hill, and such. Still judging by the achievements, it would appear the main portion of the game is based a single player campaign with various tasks rather than multiplayer. There are two achievements "Leader of the Pack" and "Gloriosity!" that need to be earned online.

TwIsTeD mInD42
05-18-2010, 04:40 PM
yes but once you get the 1000g who is actually gonna play it ? no one

Coxy x360a
05-18-2010, 04:46 PM
yes but once you get the 1000g who is actually gonna play it ? no one
Thats true, maybe worth the rent I guess. I'll just wait till its out and see if people who buy the game say its an easy 1k.

Takamura Bear
05-19-2010, 05:41 PM
At this point, looking at the achiebement list may not give us a good grasp of how much playability the game provides.

Could be one of those "one off" type of games, but we won't know yet.

Thorpe
06-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Thats true, maybe worth the rent I guess. I'll just wait till its out and see if people who buy the game say its an easy 1k.

Can't really be the judge of that just yet. It could have some great multiplayer fun to keep you playing. Maybe.

Quickdraw
06-17-2010, 03:54 PM
they claim you can replay it and be differ, but im having my doubts, their ai traits will prolly afew basic rules so after 3-5 runs ull crack roughly what they are like, also didnt see a differ achievement so i guess either no select or its just one size fits all.

each mission seems to have 4 awards which 4x7 =28 giving the plat cups are sp.

points i assumed looking at the demo are sp based getting max points in sp getting the million or whatever.

so that leaves the bottom few, challenges could be in mp but apart from them theres 2

Multiplayer Madness: Finished an Assault Match Without Losing a Single Unibear Statue.

Multiplayer Madness: Finished First in a Multiplayer Match and Shouted: "HAZELNUT!" at the Losers.

neither of which these seem that hard

the Challenges i dont think seem to be linked with mp after rereading the achievement

Ironic Kill: In Episode 4 or its Challenges, Punish Nibbles with the Cabin's Fridge!

Unless it just randomly gets you into the action spawning bears on the level select.

2 mp for sure 2 in total so its a heavy sp game from the looks of it. i think really they tried to get the sp as the core exp and the sp just for a messing around, like conkers, ah conkers i loved the manic mp on that and great storyline to a degree. :P

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-18-2010, 05:09 AM
I'd rent it I mean it looks fun, but also looks like it can get old fast.

[M]ike
06-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Embargo bit me in the ass here...

Game looks interesting.

joshflip1989
06-19-2010, 01:08 PM
I'll probabaly rent it.

Tdlob
06-19-2010, 02:30 PM
I wonder if this game will be any good?

[M]ike
06-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Whoops, apparently said too much - probably best to check out reviews before you buy the game :)

a blind beggar
06-19-2010, 09:07 PM
from the videos and whole premise of it, it seems to be like a comedy version of a hitman game and if you've ever played them, you'll know that there's a helluva lot of replayability there

Quickdraw
06-20-2010, 09:44 AM
ike;3216941']Whoops, apparently said too much - probably best to check out reviews before you buy the game :)

oh yes idd it did id love to be playing it now but best i can get is thurs in the uk so meh time to try and keep myself busy in this lack of time of games.

Tdlob
06-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Bah, I am growing impatient waiting for this game :/

Aussie Revhead
06-21-2010, 10:03 PM
iv been playing it for day now its fun i dont think i get bored of it

Dirty130
06-22-2010, 12:56 AM
Naughty Bear is alot of fun with heaps of replayability and many moments of laughing out aloud. It's basically Hitman: Chocolate Money.

Achievements are pretty cool and also adds to the replayability.

If I have to mention something bad to to go with the good, that's simple too: The camera and map orientation aren't that great, but are pretty easy to get used to.

If you don't wanna part with your cash on a purchase, give it a rent. You won't be letdown for the price of a rental.

Random scenario: Birthday Bear and friends are all hanging out in the arcade having fun. I sneak into the main room and turn their music off and hide. Birthday Bear comes out to turn it back on. I come sprinting from the closet and smash his face through his fancy turntable/stereo. Other bears hold their mouths to stop the vomit while some shield their eyes, the rest scatter..

Don't miss this game!

hehehahe
06-22-2010, 08:37 PM
I can't wait for this game, and the post above makes me want it even more. Hopefully it keeps me busy for a month until Starcraft II comes out, but I'll also have RisK to tide me over

slayer3100
06-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Iv played it for about 4 hours all together now. It is a good game and some of the kills are really good, the narrator is very funny. You do get bored after a couple of hours yet you want to go back and play it after a couple of hours not playing it!

Getting 1k on this game will require some dedication, but should be rather easy. I have 130 G after 4 hours soo...

HardkorePrawn
06-23-2010, 01:08 PM
It's a good game, I don't know how long you'd play MP for, nor once you'd got 100% in SP.
However, that's true of almost all games surely.

Quickdraw
06-24-2010, 08:07 AM
It's a good game, I don't know how long you'd play MP for, nor once you'd got 100% in SP.

Sp based games don't last long in the grand scheme of things, most sp games plummet in price after least 2months of being out there and mass hand ins for gamers, any game with a really really good mp keeps its price way longer than any sp based game.

NB is purely a SP based game with MP parts added in for fun, it prolly wont keep its audience once its been done, but I think myself ill keep it mainly cause of its sheer hilarity.

Comatose
06-24-2010, 08:21 AM

really? because on my achievement list two of the cheevs are multiplayer.

HardkorePrawn
06-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Personally, I always keep one SP game for Live / internet / whatever outages.

And as was stated, there are MP achievements.

Stevey Boy2006
06-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Random scenario: Birthday Bear and friends are all hanging out in the arcade having fun. I sneak into the main room and turn their music off and hide. Birthday Bear comes out to turn it back on. I come sprinting from the closet and smash his face through his fancy turntable/stereo. Other bears hold their mouths to stop the vomit while some shield their eyes, the rest scatter..

Don't miss this game!

That sounds well funny, Ive ordered it off Play.com but it hasnt arrived yet:(

TBH I ordered it as soon as I heard the name "Naughty Bear":p

Azrael008uk
06-25-2010, 08:30 PM

Don't miss this game!

Same Scenario, I'm laying a trap outside a car that one of the bears might use to escape.

I get seen laying the trap and the next thing you know one of the bears is barking orders to the rest of them. A bunch of them go and pick up weapons while another one has been sent to call for the police.

The thing is all the bears have different personalities.

Some are brave and will try and fight back. Others will turn to jelly and cower. Others will run to try and get help. Others will try and save themselves and escape, and, as illustrated above, some of them might try and organise the whole group against you.

As you become familiar with the mechanics of the game the different possibilities begin to reveal themselves to you and before you know it you're having a great time causing naughtiness and mayhem.

Az