PDA

View Full Version : To those wondering how it is

xDAx AWESOME
05-18-2010, 07:49 AM
I understand, haha. I had been waiting for some reviews, and was fearing the worst when none were popping up.

However, I just wanted to reassure you Prince of Persia fans that this game is pretty fantastic. I personally loved Prince 2008, but this game really does feel like an extension of Sands of Time.

I'm only about two hours in, but I'm generally very harsh towards games and have a hard time getting into them. I haven't had that issue here and I think it's pretty good.

Very different from Prince 2008, though.

SK L4xX
05-18-2010, 08:23 AM
I had the same thoughts at the beginning of the game...it looks quite good,jumping and fighting awesome as usual but it took me only 8 hours to beat it and only 3 the second time skipping the cutscenes...only achievo left is the sarcophagus thing...so lets say if you have a guide for these things you can get 1000 in less than 10 hours with almost no replay value...it's a crime selling this game for 60€... dont get me wrong..the game's fantastic from beggining to end...only the gap between them is so damn short ><

Nozza XBA
05-18-2010, 08:40 AM
I played this last Wednesday and I feel you're giving people a little bit of a false hope on it.

Check this thread out and you'll find out what everyone thinks of the game. Everyone in this thread played it a week before its release and all of this is pretty true of what the game brings to the table;

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228133

The stories ok, nothing special.
The battle/combo system is weak. All you do is spam X with the odd Y, its nothing like PoP 08!
The puzzels are great with the addition of the powers but there all mainly boxed!
The AI is also weak.
The powers that you gain are mainly useless, you never really have to use thm as you can beat everyone with you sword with ease.
It wont take you long to complete the game and there really isnt much replay. We had 3 hours to play it and I got just under half way with cutscenes and one guy nearly completed it w/o cutscenes.
One good thing going for it is the graphics!

I'm a big fan of PoP but I'm not buynig this one as it wil be a waste of my 40. I have it on rent and its just another movie tie-in film and was rushed.

xDAx AWESOME
05-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Well, then I have nothing to say but that both of you are cheap. If anyone here played and enjoyed the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Warrior Within, or Two Thrones, then this game is right up their alley. Not every game has to be longer than 10 hours.

If anybody was actually a gamer, that stuff wouldn't matter. If you like the game, you're bound to play it more than once. Just because it has no replay value to you doesn't mean it won't to others.

Mirror's Edge is no longer than three hours, and I've played it more times than I can count. Not all of us just rent/buy based on time, you know why? because it's retarded. You buy a game based on how fun it is.

The way everyone talks it's as if you'd rather buy a 40 hour mediocre game vs. a 10 hour amazing one.

Case and point: Dead Space.

Prince of Persia fans, ignore these idiots. If you like the trilogy you'll love this game, but like I said, it's really nothing like 2008. I love the 2008 one and wish they had kept that direction, but this is a great homage to those who loved Sands of Time. I'm even farther and still enjoying just as much regardless of flaws.

All the issues stated above weren't far off in Sands of Time. Weak AI was found everywhere in that game. There were no crazy powers and it was still fun. This is no different, the powers are cool if you want to use them, but they aren't necessary.

SK L4xX
05-18-2010, 09:29 AM
well, i think to offend someone because he's not the uber fanboy and has a different opinion than you is cheap. I stated this game is awesome but come on...what's the point of playing a game more than twice if it's only 3 hours long espacially if it's so linear and ridicolously easy? I'm a fan since old school Prince of Persia, it was one of my first games i've ever played when i was a kid and i liked Sands of Time a lot...calling guys cheap and idiots because they're pointing out some facts is just stupid

blade_pkr
05-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Even if mirror's edge is only a 3 hour game, i enjoyed playing it, so i've played it over and over. I enjoy that it's a fun game to play. Same with Pop: SoT, i've completed that no idea how many times, and yet i still replay the game, same with warrior within and the two thrones, so i dare say i'll play this one more than once :)

Nozza XBA
05-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Well, then I have nothing to say but that both of you are cheap. If anyone here played and enjoyed the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Warrior Within, or Two Thrones, then this game is right up their alley. Not every game has to be longer than 10 hours.

If anybody was actually a gamer, that stuff wouldn't matter. If you like the game, you're bound to play it more than once. Just because it has no replay value to you doesn't mean it won't to others.

Mirror's Edge is no longer than three hours, and I've played it more times than I can count. Not all of us just rent/buy based on time, you know why? because it's retarded. You buy a game based on how fun it is.

The way everyone talks it's as if you'd rather buy a 40 hour mediocre game vs. a 10 hour amazing one.

Case and point: Dead Space.

Prince of Persia fans, ignore these idiots. If you like the trilogy you'll love this game, but like I said, it's really nothing like 2008. I love the 2008 one and wish they had kept that direction, but this is a great homage to those who loved Sands of Time. I'm even farther and still enjoying just as much regardless of flaws.

All the issues stated above weren't far off in Sands of Time. Weak AI was found everywhere in that game. There were no crazy powers and it was still fun. This is no different, the powers are cool if you want to use them, but they aren't necessary.

I'm far from cheap. But I like to get a game thats worth my hard earned cash. Why waste it on something I'll only playthrough once, get the 1k and then let it sit there and not get my return on it?

I brought ME and I loved it. Only difference with that was it was unique and had loads of fun/replayablity in it, where as this PoP just felt a little bland.

When SoT was launched, again it was a new genre of game and something that had never been done before so of caus everyone played it to death. 3 of my favourite games are made by Ubisoft but this was just rushed.

Watch the x360a day out vid on the home page and listen to Rich interview.. I buy games if I know im going to get my money's worth and/or if its something that I know I'm going to like. I went to the UK release play with high hopes and I enjoyed myself while I was there playing it, but after the hype settled I realised thats all it was - hype!

Why is the battle system shit? PoP 08 had combos everywhere, why couldnt they do it for this one? Why the AI crap? All they do is power attacks which you can dodge or counter?

People need to stop comparing it to SoT caus its not! Just because its got similar graphics doesnt make it a SoT remake. The games to easy and rushed and thats why it wont get my buy because they could of done a much better job but wanted to rush it with the movie tie-in and that means more sales.. you're one person that did that.

O and Dead Space was far better than this!

SK L4xX
05-18-2010, 09:55 AM

lol, i totally forgot to mention this in my post, thanks :D

Nozza XBA
05-18-2010, 10:06 AM
lol, i totally forgot to mention this in my post, thanks :D

I also forgot to mention it has a lot more replayabilty than the new PoP. Loads of weapon based chieves to mix things up, diff settings and just the atmosphere is worth another play!

None of the PoP have this and thats why sometimes they just have to be a rent. An AC style PoP would be great but to just play through the story again and there's nothing different about what you're going to do, level layout etc is to put it blunty, boring!

xDAx AWESOME
05-18-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm far from cheap. But I like to get a game thats worth my hard earned cash. Why waste it on something I'll only playthrough once, get the 1k and then let it sit there and not get my return on it?

I brought ME and I loved it. Only difference with that was it was unique and had loads of fun/replayablity in it, where as this PoP just felt a little bland.

When SoT was launched, again it was a new genre of game and something that had never been done before so of caus everyone played it to death. 3 of my favourite games are made by Ubisoft but this was just rushed.

Watch the x360a day out vid on the home page and listen to Rich interview.. I buy games if I know im going to get my money's worth and/or if its something that I know I'm going to like. I went to the UK release play with high hopes and I enjoyed myself while I was there playing it, but after the hype settled I realised thats all it was - hype!

Why is the battle system shit? PoP 08 had combos everywhere, why couldnt they do it for this one? Why the AI crap? All they do is power attacks which you can dodge or counter?

People need to stop comparing it to SoT caus its not! Just because its got similar graphics doesnt make it a SoT remake. The games to easy and rushed and thats why it wont get my buy because they could of done a much better job but wanted to rush it with the movie tie-in and that means more sales.. you're one person that did that.

I never said it was a remake. However, it is very similar in style, and plays more like it than 2008 so the comparison is correct.

As for the other kid, you admitted it took you roughly 10 hours at first... I'm not sure if you got this, but after you beat a game it's significantly shorter the second time.

If you love a game you replay it.

I could name a hundred games under five hours that are worth owning. IDK, I'm just getting sick of people not buying stuff based on length. It's the downfall of this industry. Every game is getting boring, because devs feel the need to add content that shouldn't be there.

Games are better when they are fun. Length should have nothing to do with a purchase.

And as far as you claiming "hype" was the only reason you had fun - please, this game had zero. I'm also no PoP fanboy, I really only like Sands of Time and PoP2008. Warrior Within and Two Thrones are very mediocre in my opinion.

blade_pkr
05-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I'll post my view later on on how i think the game is.

DarthSoth
05-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Wow, thanks for the opinions people. I was goig to Buy this and rent Alan Wake, but now I will flip those. An under 10 hour PoP game? Total shame. and the combat issues are worrysome to me. I liked the variety that was available in PoP 08 and Warrior Within was the pinnicle for the fighting in the series, so for them to take a step back on those here is pretty lame.

I'm a huge PoP fan, but this one has had me a little leary for a while now. The lack of interest, the out of the blueness of this game and the way it seemed to be rushed out the door just to capitalize on the Movie's release(which I am actually really wanting to see), and them going back to the SoT again after claiming they were done with it and moving on to what I thought was great Prince game in the 08 one, these things all add up to worry from me.

Now seeing this topic, I will rent it and get my playthrough that way. I may love it and end up buying it used down the road but it'll have to wait for that now. Thanks again for the clarification. Saved me a dissapointed purchace and given me a happy rental.

Maybe enough of us out there might shake the tree at Ubi enough to make them get their shit together and make a PoP 08 sequel now.

Nozza XBA
05-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Plus just to prove a point thats its more worth a rent (unless you are a kill yourself fan) Read Webbs review that on the homepage.

Pretty much says what I did plus his own input!

noobie2games
05-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Well I played sands of time, warrior within, POP Classic on XBL, and POP 2008. For some reason I skipped two thrones, but I plan on getting this POP eventually because every POP I played I enjoy, the platforming just doesn't compare to anything else. What's wrong with this game is that there are so many good games this year and this POP might go in the back of everybody minds, I'm gonna pick up Red Dead and Alan Wake before this game and all these games came out on the same day. But anyway, I'm looking forward to playing it whenever I do pick it up and I should probably pick up Two Thrones eventually also.

blade_pkr
05-18-2010, 06:23 PM
ok, so i'm only where the vault is being robbed, i'm absolutely loving the game, the combat isn't as sucky as people are making it out to be, there is a combo, sure it may not be much of one but there is :) if there's no combo then explain "defeated an enemy with a power attack at the end of a combo".

Nozza XBA
05-18-2010, 06:57 PM
ok, so i'm only where the vault is being robbed, i'm absolutely loving the game, the combat isn't as sucky as people are making it out to be, there is a combo, sure it may not be much of one but there is :) if there's no combo then explain "defeated an enemy with a power attack at the end of a combo".

Thats the lamest excuse for a combo ever!

This is a combo;

X, X, Y (knock enemy/ies away), B (role around the enemy or follow forward to original target. This is a combo so its fluent and not like a normal dodge), X, A (run and jump on top of the enemy) then Y to finish. XXYBXAY.. Big combo different moves

Not - X, X, Hold X (same move remember just a little more powerful), Y (to crowded so i'll knock them back), Run closer to your target again, would press B but camera angles suck sometimes when fighting, X, X.. Thats a shit excuse for a combo! Thats all you do during the game and it get boring as! Bloody TT and the others on Ps2 had a fricken better battle system than that?!

You've just got to the bit where more enemies spawn on you.. thats when it gets boring and you miss mixing it up a bit rather than spamming X!

TheDeceiver35
05-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Have to say I agree with this site's review of the game. It does feel rushed, and yes combat it somewhat lackluster. However it is a reasonably strong platformer and a decent game overall. Not spectacular (compared to say dead space as mentioned above) but solid none the less.

phluffhead19
05-18-2010, 09:45 PM
reminds me me of TMNT...in a good limber way