PDA

View Full Version : Pendulum - Immersions

Muzzins
05-18-2010, 08:40 AM
New Pendulum album released Monday 24th May now has 1 minute previews to every track available on youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/user/pendulumlive#p/c/85035BB4B0B2946F (http://www.youtube.com/user/pendulumlive#p/a/85035BB4B0B2946F/0/tWq6iJDJMdQ)

Guest apperances on the album by Liam Howlett (The Prodigy), Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) and In Flames!!!

Sounds like it's going to be pretty good from these teasers...

Edit; I realise I called it immersions by accident. It's just Immersion

MrSpanner
05-18-2010, 05:29 PM
.......Mind exploding, totally awesome. Cant wait till may 24th. Still won't be as good as In Silico tho, but that is a hard act to follow.

Vendectus
05-19-2010, 01:23 AM
.......Mind exploding, totally awesome. Cant wait till may 24th. Still won't be as good as In Silico tho, but that is a hard act to follow.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone feel that way about In Silico. I really thought it was a departure from the earth-shattering Drum & Bass of Hold Your Colour and their previous EPs/singles/etc. I don't have anything against branching out and experimenting with new sounds, but Rob Swire's vocals, man... =x Because of which, there was only a couple songs on that album that I really enjoyed.

However, Immersion has me very excited. It seems like a more happy medium between the like, Electronic/Rock sound of In Silico and the Drum & Bass sound fans used to know and love. I don't think it will be as good as it sounded at the Ear Storm Night Album Preview event since that was mixed and whatnot (I really hope they're gonna release an album with all the mixes they played), but I like what I'm hearing.

MrSpanner
05-19-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone feel that way about In Silico. I really thought it was a departure from the earth-shattering Drum & Bass of Hold Your Colour and their previous EPs/singles/etc. I don't have anything against branching out and experimenting with new sounds, but Rob Swire's vocals, man... =x Because of which, there was only a couple songs on that album that I really enjoyed.

However, Immersion has me very excited. It seems like a more happy medium between the like, Electronic/Rock sound of In Silico and the Drum & Bass sound fans used to know and love. I don't think it will be as good as it sounded at the Ear Storm Night Album Preview event since that was mixed and whatnot (I really hope they're gonna release an album with all the mixes they played), but I like what I'm hearing.

Hold your colour was better as a dedicated DnB album (and with the classic Hold your colour title track), but in silico just appealed to my inner rock god as well:p, that said Immersions looks a good middle ground

Magic Coletrain
05-19-2010, 11:22 PM
YES

YES

YES!

cannot wait for this album to drop

been listening to Watercolour for ages :D, though it isn't as good as "Propane Nightmares" for a lead single but still awesome its quite trance like

anyway i was a bit worried about Inflames and Pendulum i love them both but together?!?

however i've heard the 1 min preview and it sounds immense

also to anyone who's heard all of the 1 min tracks; does the song "Island part 2" remind you of the electronic band Justice? cuz it does to me!

Muzzins
05-20-2010, 11:00 PM
also to anyone who's heard all of the 1 min tracks; does the song "Island part 2" remind you of the electronic band Justice? cuz it does to me!

Maybe a little similar to "Stress" I suppose. Talking of Justice their second album is supposed to be out at some point this year as well.

Magic Coletrain
05-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Maybe a little similar to "Stress" I suppose. Talking of Justice their second album is supposed to be out at some point this year as well.

it's got that like how do i describe it... like its really heavy and dirty sounding haha xD quality

sherv
05-25-2010, 04:58 PM
I only recently (~1.5 years) really got into drum and bass despite loving a ton of electronic music...and about a year ago I discovered Pendulum and fell in love with the song Propane Nightmares but never really cared about the rest of the songs. A few weeks ago I bought Hold Your Colour, man, what a great album! Definitely looking forward to Immersion!

B1GM13
05-26-2010, 07:33 AM
holy shit didnt realize this album came out this week, i'll be straight to the mall after work tonight to pick this up.

love pendulum, seen them 3 times and loved them every time... seeing them again in July with Prodigy, Enter Shikari and Chase & Status :)

Magic Coletrain
05-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Ok i've listened through it many times now

Quality album, this is my favourite one out of all 3

Mine goes

1.Immersion
2.Hold Your Colour
3.In Silico

but thats just me

best songs are:

1. The Island (Dusk and Dawn pt. 1 and 2)
2. Watercolour
3. Salt in the wounds
4. Set me on fire
5. Self vs Self
6. The Vulture

amazing album really really liking it!

dm master
05-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Listened to a few of the songs on Youtube and i am Loving this.

Self vs Self is incredible. As is watercolour.

I cant wait to pick this up.

Classix
05-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Pretty decent album tbh.

oDrPepper
05-26-2010, 04:17 PM
So you guys would recommend it? I've not got the money at the moment, but I'm contemplating buying it.

Muzzins
05-26-2010, 10:52 PM
So you guys would recommend it? I've not got the money at the moment, but I'm contemplating buying it.

Definately. After spending a few days listeneing to nothing else on my ipod this album is awesome. If you like the first 2 albums you will love this. Especially if your into rock/metal aswell as a couple songs go more into that genre than they have before. There's a bit of dubstep thrown in also.

Currently this is my favourite track off the album, but it keeps changing cos almost every song is immense!

YouTube- Pendulum - Set Me On Fire| Immersion | Album version [HQ]

B1GM13
05-27-2010, 07:32 AM
i did as i said i would, and bought it straight after work...

i listened to the first 5 songs and yes i'm a fan, but i was curious as to what the song with 'In Flames' would sound like... so skipped to track 13.

WOW... incredible song, havent stopped listening to it.

it is a brilliant album, a different sound to the 2nd album, and in some parts alot more 'Dub-Steppy' then they've ever been. but it's a great sound, and a great album!