PDA

View Full Version : Playing Alan Wake

xhunterrrr
05-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Any suggestions on how I should play? For Dead Space, I tended to play at night, volume up, lights turned low. Really intensified the unease and fear that was present in the game. Got me to jump a whole lot and just made the game so much more enjoyable. Any suggestions for Alan Wake?

Le Vampyr
05-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Any suggestions on how I should play? For Dead Space, I tended to play at night, volume up, lights turned low. Really intensified the unease and fear that was present in the game. Got me to jump a whole lot and just made the game so much more enjoyable. Any suggestions for Alan Wake?

Pretty much the same as you did with Dead Space to be honest lol. I have a turtle beach headset though, and man.. it makes things really creepy! lol.

TartanSpartan17
05-18-2010, 01:36 PM

If you've got surround sound definately use it. The sound is brilliant in the game.

Quickdraw
05-18-2010, 02:11 PM
in the dark and surround will help loads, and by ureself.

Ozbaab
05-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Yea play it as you played Dead Space! I did it and it was awesome :)

xhunterrrr
05-18-2010, 02:23 PM
I have crappy tv speakers. Should I use my nice headphones then? Seems like audio is a big part of the game.

Mathrin
05-18-2010, 02:39 PM
I would definitely say headphones. You can hear very subtle sounds which makes a massive difference. Creaking of floorboards, steps... The sound craft is amazing.

DarthSoth
05-18-2010, 03:13 PM

Really? You found Dead Space Scary? I thought it was a great game but I though it was really weak in terms of scary. Not once did it scare me or even creap me out. I like scary games, but Dead Space was not scary, like at all. That really didn't take away from the expreience of the game and I could see that they would try for that fear factor in some spots in the game but reall never delivered. The only spot that I found mildly tence was near the very start when you get separated from your team. But that was pretty minor.

But on topic, Alan Wake, as with all scary games, should be played at night, in the dark, and either slightly louder than normal or with a good set of headphones and hopefully no roommate that can sneak up on you.

xhunterrrr
05-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Really? You found Dead Space Scary? I thought it was a great game but I though it was really weak in terms of scary. Not once did it scare me or even creap me out. I like scary games, but Dead Space was not scary, like at all. That really didn't take away from the expreience of the game and I could see that they would try for that fear factor in some spots in the game but reall never delivered. The only spot that I found mildly tence was near the very start when you get separated from your team. But that was pretty minor.

But on topic, Alan Wake, as with all scary games, should be played at night, in the dark, and either slightly louder than normal or with a good set of headphones and hopefully no roommate that can sneak up on you.

I didn't find it so much scary as just tense and a bit nerve-racking. A few spots made me jump. It made the game much more immersive since it got me so involved.

Mr1721
05-21-2010, 09:33 AM
the best time to always play a scary game is at night.. volume high.. headset prefered and a fully charged up controller for you to play.

Langeboy
05-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Definitely play with the lights out. The games sound is good because when Alan talk's, he's quiet, so you want to turn it up to hear what he's saying. Now that the volume's up the noises and music are quite loud..