PDA

View Full Version : Exploration Question

brooks2000
05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
I am thinking of picking this game up today. Before I do I was wondering to what extent is the exploration in this game. I know there are six episodes, but are their points in the episodes or in between episodes that you can go off and explore all of the world, or are you limited to specific areas during each episode.

I like games that i can be free to wonder off and explore the world with no restrictions. I will still be buying this game even if you cant. but it was something I was wondering before my purchase.

Crimson Ridley
05-18-2010, 01:23 PM
The game is very linear, you're pretty much always going up, sometimes you may go around a corner, but don't worry, you'll soon be going back up again.

The only exploration you get is when you wander off the main path for 5 seconds to open a Hidden Chest or pick up a Coffee Thermos.

Oh, and in the vehicle sections you can drive around a little and look at... well, nothing really, though the scenery is nice. Also, you can find a lot of locked doors that you can't get in to, which is always lovely to see.

Fantastic game, even though you're pushed along the whole time.

Ozbaab
05-18-2010, 02:12 PM
When I think of exploration on this game, I think of the episodes when you have to drive from point A to B.
You can go outside to explore abit, very limited though, no GTA in the forest, if that's what you thought :o
As when you come to town, it's exploring in very limited areas..

All in all. I LOVE exploring huge areas, but this was no concern of mine when I played Alan. I loved it anyway.

Quickdraw
05-18-2010, 02:16 PM
yeah its very linear and can only look within a set parameter, but each one is huge in size with tiny little off crops of stuff to loot.