PDA

View Full Version : New A7X Song - Nightmare

laundryman
05-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Don't know how many people here like Avenged Sevenfold, but I think some people might like this. The single form their next album came out yesterday. I really like it so far, especially the intro and outro to the choruses. The intro guitar is eerie and I love the beat. Really getting pumped for the nest album.

YouTube- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare (Lyric Video)

Starstrukk X360A
05-18-2010, 08:08 PM
I purchased it on iTunes just now. I'm loving it.

oDrPepper
05-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Haven't got sound at the moment, but I'm liking the artwork.

Has their sound changed at all without The Rev, or is this one of them that still features him?

Starstrukk X360A
05-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Haven't got sound at the moment, but I'm liking the artwork.

Has their sound changed at all without The Rev, or is this one of them that still features him?

If I remember right, they were working on this album before his death, it does still feature him.

I could be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Burning Karma
05-18-2010, 11:58 PM
If I remember right, they were working on this album before his death, it does still feature him.

I could be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.
On the album, The Rev's wrote some (if not all of the) drum patterns; Mike Portnoy is replicating them. As far as this particular song goes, I'm not sure if The Rev did any of the drums beforehand. There are supposed to be some vocals from The Rev on the album though.

Anywho, this song is pretty badass. I like that lyrical video deal they did; pretty unique.

N-Forced
05-19-2010, 12:17 AM
That sound's pretty bad ass, definitely has me pumped for the new album release.

Gorilla Stomper
05-19-2010, 01:49 AM
Intro was pretty kicking, I was severely disappoint after that.

Tussell
05-19-2010, 01:55 AM
Intro was pretty kicking, I was severely disappoint after that.
You make it sound like you had high expectations for Avenged Sevenfold's new music...

Gorilla Stomper
05-19-2010, 01:57 AM
You make it sound like you had high expectations for Avenged Sevenfold's new music...

I'm easily led on by good intros. It's a bad habit of mine I have been unable to shake.

Honestly though, I thought they split up...

Joker0fLife
05-19-2010, 02:18 AM
It's OK, just like all of A7X music. I just hope whatever song follows this one will be heavy, because that outro was such a build-up...

Muffin the Holy
05-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Oh, how I miss the days of Waking the Fallen.

elephantd
05-19-2010, 05:29 PM
more of the same?

milecoupe
05-19-2010, 05:48 PM

Oh how i agree with that.

I thought they could'nt get any worse but i stand corrected.

Tussell
05-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Sounding The Seventh Trumpet and Waking The Fallen are their only good albums.

mike eppenbro
05-20-2010, 05:39 AM
Sounding The Seventh Trumpet and Waking The Fallen are their only good albums.

This.

Song is a fuckin' nightmare. HAR HAR HAR

blue5h4d0w
05-20-2010, 11:18 AM
yeah i like A7X and this new song sounds great. looking forward to new album, hopefully it will all be awesome XD

SynysterChris
05-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm a huge fan of theirs. This song is a lot like their Last album and City of Evil kinda mixture. Though I was kinda expecting something a bit different with this album. Though I do wish they would scream again, at least a couple songs like it was in Waking the Fallen.
Also I would like to seem a little more heavy-ness from them. But only time will tell what comes next. Still going to buy this regardless of what it turns out to be.

Iconoclast
05-20-2010, 12:54 PM
I miss The Rev :(

Tussell
05-20-2010, 06:49 PM
I miss The Rev :(
I don't. :)

Avenged Sevenfold is one of the few bands that actually pisses me off.

rvlution
05-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Meh, I don't really dislike them but I don't like that genre that much in general.

Majica8
05-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Love it, can't wait for the new album. :Bounce:

shocellist
05-23-2010, 12:08 PM
This song is decent, but I really hope it isn't the best and heaviest on the album.

Bleeding Star
05-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Who did they replace The Rev with?

laundryman
05-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Who did they replace The Rev with?

Mike Portnoy, drummer from Dream Theater

1337Pwner
05-25-2010, 06:52 AM
I don't. :)

Avenged Sevenfold is one of the few bands that actually pisses me off.

Try not to take offense or anything
That's fucking ignorant and disrespectful as shit really dude?
Wow...that's low even by the standards of the internet.
That's someone's life that was lost and you disrespectfully tossed to the wayside.
Maybe you weren't a fan and he had no impact on you whatsoever, but seriously....come on man.

They are not a band I listen to really, but seriously Jimmy had talent and skill. Many drummers now days wish they had his precision and ability. He was/is held very high by many drummers in the different genres of metal. And honestly if Portnoy (one of THE most talented drummers out there) is willing to do this he must have seen something he really liked in the parts Jimmy had down.

And to be straight up if this band did NOT have M Shadows as a frontman, they would be 20 times better. He's a crappy frontman, horrible vocalist (he's a very nasal vocalist), cant scream worth a damn or else he would still have the ability to do so without the threat of losing his voice forever, and his lyrics are shit, puts way too much into one verse.

Jimmy and Gates were the ones with the talent...that's it though..

Tussell
05-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Try not to take offense or anything
That's fucking ignorant and disrespectful as shit really dude?
Wow...that's low even by the standards of the internet.
That's someone's life that was lost and you disrespectfully tossed to the wayside.
Maybe you weren't a fan and he had no impact on you whatsoever, but seriously....come on man.
It's wrong that I said I don't miss him?
I didn't say I'm happy he's dead or anything.

Gorilla Stomper
05-25-2010, 03:20 PM
I didn't say I'm happy he's dead or anything.

I am :)

*Cue shitstorm*

dm master
05-26-2010, 03:40 PM
I am :)

*Cue shitstorm*

DIE!!!

Na i joke. Except i hope you didn't actully mean that.

On topic. I love this new song and Im curious to see how the new album plays out.

And I thought City of Evil was a good album.

SynysterChris
05-27-2010, 10:08 AM
I like all of them Though I would say that The Rev and Syn are the most talented, But I don't think I would like them the same if anyone was changed.

Well now that The Rev has passed, I guess they need someone new so that can't be helped.

Tussell
05-27-2010, 03:54 PM
And I thought City of Evil was a good album.
Of course you did...

Giptuc
05-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Mike Portnoy, drummer from Dream Theater

He hasnt completely replaced him. He will not be remaining with them after their 2010 tour. Read that he is going with A7X due to him being The Revs all time fav drummer.

I really liked that song, and personally i really prefer all their more recent work compared to their early work. But that is just personal preferance, im not the biggest fan of the earlier style, but i think City of Evil was a great blend of a variety of different styles that really worked well together. Plus the Guitar and Drum work they do is really good and that holds alot of my like for the band haha... M. Shadows song with Slash "Nothing to Say" is really good as well lol

Murdok1
05-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Heard this on Radio 1 the other day.Not a A7X fan,but I do like this song,it's decent.

animeaddict42
05-28-2010, 07:18 PM
This song is pretty badass, hope it isn't the heaviest on the album though. Portnoy fits in pretty good with the band's overall sound, I'd say. Lead singles are usually my least favorite on an album, so this is definitely a good sign.

Maka
05-28-2010, 07:54 PM
I think they are a talented band, and Rev was sick and different than the typical drummers.

Not a fan of their first album, and only liked a single from their second. Their more recent stuff is alright, but I really like Nightmare.