PDA

View Full Version : Back! Back, I Say Glitched?

Mister Buds
05-18-2010, 07:18 PM
hey guys, absolutely loving this game so far but i'm about 99% sure the achievement for saving yourself with a flare is glitched for me.

i have waited until my screen is flashing black and white, then pulled out my flare gun and fired, killing all the taken around me. done this five or six times now and no achievement.

is anyone else having this problem, or am i doing something wrong?

jpg30
05-18-2010, 07:21 PM
hey guys, absolutely loving this game so far but i'm about 99% sure the achievement for saving yourself with a flare is glitched for me.

i have waited until my screen is flashing black and white, then pulled out my flare gun and fired, killing all the taken around me. done this five or six times now and no achievement.

is anyone else having this problem, or am i doing something wrong?

u don't use the flare gun, u use a flare, wait until your health is low so it's black and white on screen then press RB to use a flare, it will then unlock.

it does actually say this in the guide.

Mister Buds
05-18-2010, 07:26 PM
u don't use the flare gun, u use a flare, wait until your health is low so it's black and white on screen then press RB to use a flare, it will then unlock.

it does actually say this in the guide.

yeah, i saw that in the guide but i thought it might be wrong since it doesn't do anything when i press RB. i have the flare gun but no regular flares, i guess?

BlackDragon
05-18-2010, 08:28 PM
You guessed right. The flares it refers to are ordinary road-flares, not flare-gun ammo. You get them a bit later. They're not as powerful as the flare-gun (won't kill Taken), but they're plentiful and very handy for keeping numerous enemies at bay.

Mister Buds
05-18-2010, 10:24 PM
thanks guys. i just finished episode 2 and recieved the handheld flares as well as the achievement.