PDA

View Full Version : Survivor

mickspawn
05-19-2010, 03:46 AM
Why doesnt anyone here watch Survivor? Was a great season, sad that its over :confused:

Iconoclast
05-19-2010, 12:49 PM
I stopped watching Survivor after the second season. I caught episodes here and there while surfing channels, but I lost the excitement for Thursday nights long ago. I found there was way too much overlap; not just between seasons, but between characters (or participants, or whatever you want to call them). All the challenges started to look the same after awhile, and everything seemed to be going in one big loop.

The only reality show that I watch consistently is Big Brother; I've watched it since it first aired like 8 seasons ago, and I've never gotten tired of it. That and it's on three times a week rather than just one, so it's much easier to follow if you miss an episode or two (which is more likely anyways, since there's more episodes).

But generally speaking and with the exception of Big Brother, I really can't say much for "reality" TV (although it's about as far away from being realistic as a cartoon). Although, I must admit, some of the shows that are on TV nowadays are pretty entertaining (keep in mind that good and entertaining are two completely different things)...shows like The Bachelorette and Hells Kitchen (Gordon Ramsay FTW...what a sexxy man <3) are great to watch, but more from an entertainment perspective rather than a "I actually enjoy watching this show" perspective. Just sayin'.

McEng78
05-19-2010, 03:29 PM
I actually stuck with Survivor for 4 or 5 seasons before I got sick of how repetitive it got. I enjoyed the first Survivor All Star season that they did and thought about getting into this season but never got around to it? Who won?

McE

mickspawn
05-20-2010, 02:02 AM
yeah i stopped watching between about 10-18 and for 19 and 20 they have to be the greatest 2 seasons of all that i saw. They were great, you should of given them another go

Daiphyer.
07-10-2010, 12:11 AM
I actually just bought all the 20 seasons. I'm on season 2 and it's interesting. The only part that sucks though is the later episodes that is all about strategies and picking a guy off and etc. I enjoy the "Surviving" aspect of it a bit more. I'd enjoy it more if the guys weren't eliminated by voting. Rather by actual events and competition.