PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest warrior

elephantd
05-19-2010, 07:05 AM
anyonelse love this show? I loved it back when it had Spartians vs Ninjas, my favorite epsiode for sure. " Yeah well if a real ninja saw a spartian, he would run away. Then come back in the middle of the night, and kill him." Made me laugh so hard that qoute did.

What's your favorite epsiode?

I sometimes don't agree with the outcomes.(personally I think the Rangers would kick Spectacs butt!) I also think Al Copone with 4 henchmen would beat Jesse James and 4 henchmen. I mean for cqc why wouldn't the have AL's team using the baseball bat?

Ryan2099
05-19-2010, 07:36 AM
I sometimes don't agree with the outcomes.(personally I think the Rangers would kick Spectacs butt!) I also think Al Copone with 4 henchmen would beat Jesse James and 4 henchmen. I mean for cqc why wouldn't the have AL's team using the baseball bat?

It wasn't the Rangers vs Spetnaz, it was Green Beret Vs Spetsnaz.

Anyways, I caught most of the first season and finally caught tonites episode of the second season. The SS Vs. The Viet-Cong.

I was surprised by the winner of those two but they made it seem plausible. I give them credit for finding people that actually know the history of these warriors and their fighting styles and tactics. They really break it down for you.

I really liked the Yakuza Vs The Mafia episode, thought it was pretty good facing two criminal empires against each other. Waiting for them to have an episode with the Chinese "Triad" on there.

Tussell
05-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Man, I didn't even know this show was still on. It's been ages since I've seen it. I did really enjoy it though. Some aspects of it were cheesy, but everything is like that these days.

I miss having cable TV. Now that I moved everything up into my bedroom, I don't have access to it anymore. It really sucks. The only time I really catch anything, is when I'm at a friends house.

Anywho, I digress. My favorite episode involved the Apaches, I believe it was. They went in depth about the use of Tomahawks and methods of scalping if I remember right.

Iconoclast
05-19-2010, 04:08 PM
This show, while holds good entertainment value, is total bunktown. There's so many things wrong with this show, it's hard to even know where to begin.

But I guess I'll start with the alleged "experts" that they showcase for each warrior...in most cases, just some rando who has read a lot of blogs and other biased, non-factual material in order to make him or herself (wait, has there ever even been a girl on this show?) sound like they know what they're talking about. It's kind of like Mythbusters (a show I actually do enjoy watching, by the way)...it's good, and they're obviously not completely clueless with regard to what they're talking about, but their methods of scientific analysis just aren't realistic enough to a standard that I would find believable.

Next, the comparisons between weapons themselves just aren't logical. I mean, I know they try to compare weapons in each "class" to each other, but I've seen some episodes that compare a katana to a shield, or a tomahawk to a broadsword. It's great that you classify them by range, but realistically, it comes down to how the warrior as an individual would use it; and that can't be simulated or extrapolated by a computer.

Finally, the manner in which they determine the "winner" of the battle just seems way too sketchy to have any real worth or value behind it. I mean, they put a bunch of numbers into a "complex computer program" and it simulates 1,000 battles and determines who wins the majority? More like you click a button in VB that runs a do.while loop 1,000 times and randomly chooses either 1 or 0. Science at it's best.

Overall, the show just seems way too biased for me to believe anything that's being said or demonstrated. Hate it all you want, that's just my opinion :)

elephantd
05-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Yeah I made this thread early in the morning your right it was Green Brets, which makes it worse. I mean come on NIGHTVISION vs no nightvison. PSH that should seal the deal. haha

I agree that sometimes feel biased, but sometimes it's just the warriors technology. I don't see how you could criticize the experts though, I mean everytime i watched the show, they talked and used the weapons like i would imagine the warriors would in there day. There's alot of chessy parts(like the final showdown or whatever has alot of cheesy parts.

Code of Conduct
05-20-2010, 01:34 AM
This show, while holds good entertainment value, is total bunktown. There's so many things wrong with this show, it's hard to even know where to begin.

But I guess I'll start with the alleged "experts" that they showcase for each warrior...in most cases, just some rando who has read a lot of blogs and other biased, non-factual material in order to make him or herself (wait, has there ever even been a girl on this show?) sound like they know what they're talking about. It's kind of like Mythbusters (a show I actually do enjoy watching, by the way)...it's good, and they're obviously not completely clueless with regard to what they're talking about, but their methods of scientific analysis just aren't realistic enough to a standard that I would find believable.

Next, the comparisons between weapons themselves just aren't logical. I mean, I know they try to compare weapons in each "class" to each other, but I've seen some episodes that compare a katana to a shield, or a tomahawk to a broadsword. It's great that you classify them by range, but realistically, it comes down to how the warrior as an individual would use it; and that can't be simulated or extrapolated by a computer.

Finally, the manner in which they determine the "winner" of the battle just seems way too sketchy to have any real worth or value behind it. I mean, they put a bunch of numbers into a "complex computer program" and it simulates 1,000 battles and determines who wins the majority? More like you click a button in VB that runs a do.while loop 1,000 times and randomly chooses either 1 or 0. Science at it's best.

Overall, the show just seems way too biased for me to believe anything that's being said or demonstrated. Hate it all you want, that's just my opinion :)

You know.

They are professionals. It's really the closest thing we'll ever get to simulating who would win in the fight. Obviously its not 100% true because nobody can measure determination. What your saying is though it's totally a stupid idea/show because it's not entirely realistic. Well, neither is for example the NFL draft and prospect rankings.

It's definitley not biased either. Usually the underdog wins. I would've chosen one warrior over another many many times but the science proved otherwise.

Hate it all you want, thats just my opinion.

k1lls1gn
05-22-2010, 07:10 PM

But I guess I'll start with the alleged "experts" These guys are experts.....lol how are they not? Did you watch the episode with the Jesse James vs Al Capone? Thats an example of how these guys are experts because i can guarantee you that some random guy that has no training can shoot a revolver and rifle like those cowboy guys did. Plus the guys with the bows and the dudes that throw hatchets and throwing objects at the targets, thats also training involved in that.

Herr Shaun
06-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I love this show, but I've only caught a couple of episodes because I never know when it's on. I've seen:

Mafia vs Yakuza
Pirates vs Knights
Centurions vs Rajput

MaNiiAC
06-02-2010, 09:08 PM
I seen all of them the best I think was Swat vs German Swat AWESOME!

Dangera
06-04-2010, 01:30 AM
I love this show, but I've only caught a couple of episodes because I never know when it's on. I've seen:

Mafia vs Yakuza
Pirates vs Knights
Centurions vs Rajput

Tuesday nights at 10 I believe. Spike TV.

I watched every one last season and most of this season. Then my cable provider (comcast) got rid of the "digital" channels that we were supposed to get with the standard cable package. all of a sudden I have just the news channels (like channel 2-13) instead of channels 2-67 >.> so I can only watch internet episodes.

My favorite episode is a tie between

William Wallace (Win :D) vs. Shaka Zulu
and
I.R.A. (Woot ^.^) vs. Taliban

TUSCANreborn
06-04-2010, 08:21 AM
We've only had the first season over here in the UK, and going on the episodes I don't think we had the whole season either. What I did see though was great, and I guess the closest you'd actually get to the "real" thing. Even though I can't understand why the use of ranged weapons was used in some fights. Normally one on one fights are close quaters, and not one person standing at one end of a field and the other at the other end. Other than that it was great to see the damage some of these weapons would do.

Oh and probably the Ninja vs Spartan episode.

marzipanninja
06-04-2010, 04:41 PM
I thought the IRA one was funny was it the Taliban or hezzbollah either way it was funny.
As was William Wallace versus shakah Zulu this is what would happen if William Wallace met Shakah Zulu immediately start fighting! Excellent, show has great comedy value.

KNIGHTOFSERA
06-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Its cool... I mean its not totally accurate...because realistically there are at least 100 variables you could put about each weapon (and they only put a small amount it seems)

and the fact that they only pick 4 weapons (and as stated before are compared in ridiculous ways to their opponents) is dumb...like the shaolin monk experts picked the worst weapons (I know they still won...but still)...the only good one they picked was the twin hooks...the whip chain and staff were pretty lame.....I know they only have an hour to show these things off....but they should still test the other weapons in the arsenal and just show the most interesting for time sake

I really want to see the nazi vs vietcong one, the way the shakazulu vs wallace one ended was pretty awesome

and I have to agree that the spetsnaz winning was horrible

I have to say though that the winner is a legit as its going to get, its better than the people on the show saying..."well they won 3 out of 4 weapon test, so they win".....I dont understand how running it 1000 times is not legit....they didnt just do a simple loop.....thats how tests and studies are done....majority wins...like I said though they havent accounted for all a weapons or warriors variables......but its the most legit thing possible

think of it as in a video game, madden for instance...you pit to AI teams against eachother 1000 times..the winner inst determined by "lets pick 1 this time, then 2, then 1"....its determined by the teams stats among other factors....

Skillet
06-04-2010, 04:54 PM

So... you're an expert on weapons and history now?

I do agree about the winner part. I mostly just watch the first 90% of the show and skip the last part because it's far too random.

Herr Shaun
06-04-2010, 04:57 PM
I really want to see the nazi vs vietcong one, the way the shakazulu vs wallace one ended was pretty awesome
Just watched it online on Spike.com. You won't be disappointed. ;)

KNIGHTOFSERA
06-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Just watched it online on Spike.com. You won't be disappointed. ;)

ah cool I was hoping it was on spike.com

oh and anyone else think the narrator sounds like the eyepatch narrator guy from 300

Herr Shaun
06-04-2010, 05:11 PM
oh and anyone else think the narrator sounds like the eyepatch narrator guy from 300
Hahaha my friend said the exact same thing when we watched. I guess you're not the only one. :p

Vanilla Coke Zero
11-24-2010, 02:47 AM
i don't believe everything the show says, since most of it is inaccurate, but it's highly entertaining. i watch it because i like to see what ancient weapons would do to bodies. that morning star massacre was insane shit. wars back then must have been scary as hell.

Hahaha my friend said the exact same thing when we watched. I guess you're not the only one. :p

that's because it IS him