PDA

View Full Version : Anything I need to know?

spikie
05-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Just ordered this game, Is there anything I need to know before I start?, Looking forward to it

Ozbaab
05-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Hmm.. Max the volume?

spikie
05-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Going to play it with Turtle Beaches, Girlfriend would kill me if I woke her up or something at 4am lol, How is the game?

Ozbaab
05-19-2010, 11:02 AM
The game is great!
And I'm not the only one who thinks so;
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/928006-alan-wake/index.html

Story's great, graphics are awesome.
The only thing I could have wished for was a Mature rating of the game. It's been rated Teen for a reason :o

moontsuki
05-19-2010, 11:25 AM
the game is frikkin awesome man!! the atmosphere is incredible and the sound effects are just mind blowing, make sure you have the sound up loud ;)

BUZZARDIO 1080
05-19-2010, 11:28 AM
I bought it not really knowing what to expect, ,first hour scared the jeebies out of me, i found it strangly engrossing dispite not having a clue what was going on.
Definatly well worth it,ps,the nightmare difficuly really is nightmare.

Quickdraw
05-19-2010, 11:34 AM
The game is great!
And I'm not the only one who thinks so;
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/928006-alan-wake/index.html

Story's great, graphics are awesome.
The only thing I could have wished for was a Mature rating of the game. It's been rated Teen for a reason :o

hm well i agree totally, but trying to make it viable to more people always means more profits!.

compared to fear that scared me hell of alot more personally, but its still pretty good on certain points, and on nightmare fail at dodging ull get owned very badly, second part of episode 5 just after the first radio there, lots of mobs and little to take them out that is intense, most times on nightmare i had to leg it lol. was close

BUZZARDIO 1080
05-19-2010, 01:00 PM
I think he needs a pair of air max for nightmare difficulty,it would certainly help, or at least spend a bit more time down the gym, i smoke and drink and i dont get out of breath that easy lols

Quickdraw
05-19-2010, 04:01 PM
I think he needs a pair of air max for nightmare difficulty,it would certainly help, or at least spend a bit more time down the gym, i smoke and drink and i dont get out of breath that easy lols

yes the sprint is very annoying but i guess if you was quicker the taken couldn't catch up as easy, i feel they wanted to try keep the use button of the dodge, rather than mega sprinting.

xhunterrrr
05-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Going to play it with Turtle Beaches, Girlfriend would kill me if I woke her up or something at 4am lol, How is the game?

Do what I do: use headphones. I have a really nice pair of Bose headphones that work way better than my shitty tv speakers and it means I can play it late at night, as well. It definitely needs to be played loud.

Le Vampyr
05-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Don't be afraid to use the different weapons and items you get. You'll see what I mean when you complete an episode.

Ozbaab
05-19-2010, 08:20 PM
hm well i agree totally, but trying to make it viable to more people always means more profits!.

compared to fear that scared me hell of alot more personally, but its still pretty good on certain points, and on nightmare fail at dodging ull get owned very badly, second part of episode 5 just after the first radio there, lots of mobs and little to take them out that is intense, most times on nightmare i had to leg it lol. was close

Yes indeed, and more profit usually means more DLC and more proper done DLC.
What I meant was I wanted the game to have more blood in it. I can't stop comparing it to the old Silen Hill games, mostly cos the story also includes paranormal / some kind of supernatural activities. And I LOVE that!
This feels like some kind of teen friendly Silen Hillish game.

I'm not in ANY way complaining tho. I LOVE Alan Wake and the plot and I'll follow it to the end!

Quickdraw
05-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Yes indeed, and more profit usually means more DLC and more proper done DLC.
What I meant was I wanted the game to have more blood in it. I can't stop comparing it to the old Silen Hill games, mostly cos the story also includes paranormal / some kind of supernatural activities. And I LOVE that!
This feels like some kind of teen friendly Silen Hillish game.

I'm not in ANY way complaining tho. I LOVE Alan Wake and the plot and I'll follow it to the end!

could also mean they do well get some more staff memebers and churn it that bit quickier with dlc and even a second game, should the sales be awesome, altho aint they ike a 45man staff just think how much more could be done it they branched for more people.