PDA

View Full Version : U Play

Angel Gamer
05-19-2010, 01:01 PM
To anyone who has bought anything from the U Play store for this game. Is any of it worth getting?

My main concerns are: is the theme any good? or just backgrounds for the dashboard (forget the real name for the good themes) and is the Point Boost worth it? I mean, is getting the point boost going to help me get more unlocks or is there enough XP in the game for everything anyway? I don't want to get the point boost if I don't need it to get everything.

DarthSoth
05-19-2010, 03:05 PM
I was wondering the same. Though from Ubi's past track record the Theme is likely crap. I looked for some pics or youtube of it last night and found nothing. I did pick up the experience boost which is supposed to give you up to 2 more experience items. and the Ezio skin. I bought them just before I shut it down last night though so I can't really comment on them more than that.

blee717
05-19-2010, 06:23 PM
I bought the Ezio costume and I was like "Ezio needs to go back to his own game" or something similar to that and the ending looked VERY familiar to something you see in Assassin's Creed 2 after an assassination.

-TheDragonstar-
05-19-2010, 10:49 PM
The point boost is good in the early game if you want to get the upgrades faster, the theme is okay (I think its pretty nice for a "freebie"), and the Ezio costume is pretty much for the heck of it. The most useful of them would be the Challenge mode arena, but if none of these suit your fancy then save your points for the other games in Uplay (Assassin's Creed II, Splinter Cell Conviction, etc.)

DarthSoth
05-19-2010, 11:39 PM
I bought the Ezio costume and I was like "Ezio needs to go back to his own game"

You know, if you were going for a laugh with that comment, well then you got one. I totally lol'ed at that. I felt the same way about the Altiar costume in the '08 PoP.

pacokorn77
05-20-2010, 01:32 AM
I bought the point boost and Ezio costume, but I haven't toggled Ezio yet, simply because I partly ruined PoP '08's feel because I enabled Alta´r's outfit, and had Jade by my side (even weirder, right?).

Second playthought, I'll see what it's like to have Ezio in Sand Land.

IS Achilles SI
05-20-2010, 02:30 AM
I actually had a lot of these points as I played all the games in the U-Play system so I can say for sure that the theme is trash...ezio skin is alright if your an AC II fan, the best buys are the Arena and the XP point booster...you can even earn your cheevos buy defeating enemies in the arena via what ever the condition the cheevo calls for...aerial attack, sword death, etc, etc,...

pacokorn77
05-20-2010, 04:18 AM
Also, is it just me or are Uplay points for TFS not unlocking? I'm near the end - and I've qualified for the first 3 unlocks - yet I have no points earned from TFS. Anyone else?

Angel Gamer
05-20-2010, 12:52 PM
So is the XP Boost worth it? or is there enough XP in the game that by the end of my first playthrough, I'll have all the abilities?

blade_pkr
05-20-2010, 01:09 PM
You can earn at least one the first halves of the updrade tree, and partly the middle in one playthrough, i think you can earn some more in one playthrough but i used the challenge mode to gain the rest of my abilities. And as for the ezio skin, i think it's pretty cool, the game feels like assassin's creed with a twist, of course with elemental powers

DarthSoth
05-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I like how it is just Ezio's costume though and the face is still the prince.

And yeah, the xp boost is totally worth it. especially early on in the game. gave me 2 upgrades.

pacokorn77
05-20-2010, 06:38 PM
I like how it is just Ezio's costume though and the face is still the prince.

Same thing they did with PoP 08 and the Alta´r outfit. I like it to a degree, but at the same time, I'd like to actually play as Ezio/Alta´r in PoP. Crossover, perhaps? An Ubisoft Smash Bros.?

An update with my situation: I got the notification at the end of the game that I earned the 40pt Uplay token, so when I went to go check on it, all the other became unlocked as well. They were probably pooled up until the final one knocked on their door, but it's an issue that Ubisoft should address.

BTW, anyone know when the other 3 slides in the Uplay menu will be available? Seems like this service has been in beta for quite some time now, at least since Assassin's Creed II.

DarthSoth
05-20-2010, 09:52 PM
You sure that Altiar was just the outfit in PoP08? I seem to remember all the skins being skins in that game and not just outfits. The SoT Prince had a grossly small head too. I was sure that it was actually Altair though.

I though Ezio was the same in this game until I had a cut scene with a close up of the Prince's face inside the cowl.

Spectreshade85
05-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I actually liked the AC skin in PoP 08...I was tired of seeing the idiot prince's face, and figured making it more like AC wasn't a bad thing :D Course, it was my second playthrough, too.

On topic, I think I'm gonna get the point boost...that should lead to less grinding for the completionist chievo.