PDA

View Full Version : I have no ammo, therefore I cannot continue

thedaddy2005
05-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Is this true?

Im on the 2nd chapter near Lovers Peak, i have zero ammo, there is none in the vicinity - im holed up in a safe haven yet when I step out im surrounded by taken - what do i do? They cannot be killed so the game cant move on

am i missing something here?

Ozbaab
05-19-2010, 08:23 PM
I've heard this happened to some folks..

Have you run out of flares?

In worst case, you can always replay the episode..

brooks2000
05-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Is there no way you can run, They are quite kind with the safe areas of light and there is always some ammo at each one.

Try to run and tap the dodge button. If you cant run at all then I surpose restarting is the only option.

Incognito
05-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Did you load up on ammo before you left the visitor's center? There's a box in the back of it with tons of revolver ammo.

thedaddy2005
05-19-2010, 09:31 PM
yeah i managed to escape - i climbed up a fallen tree and over a fence that I didnt see before - a punch / kick button would have been good but i suppose he's a writer, not a fighter

danabr87
05-19-2010, 10:00 PM
This happened to me in Episode 2. I didn't have any ammunition left and was trying to get to one of those hidden chests while multiple Taken followed me. Was one hell of a ride and i tried like 5 times to get there, get the ammo out of the box and kill them. I got eventually. :D

Rudol
05-19-2010, 11:40 PM
strange, i never ran out of ammo in all the playtrought...

OptimusPrime76
05-20-2010, 12:26 AM
This happened to me and all I did was backtracked to the visitors centre where their is a box with unlimited revolver ammo. It didn't take long at all to back track and I think I added about 10 extra mins to my playthrough just running there and back.

moontsuki
05-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Wait until you try for the Gunless Wonder achievement when you have so much ammo but you can't use any of it lol

BUZZARDIO 1080
05-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Yeah, lol
i now the bit
you have to run if its on nightmare,
i was stuck there for ages with like 11 bullets (totally insufficient amount), and try several time, then thought asbout runing to the safe light, did it after 4 goes, then read the next bit in the officail guide, and in bold red letters it says " if this had been a true nightmare alan wouldnt have had any bullets and would have had to run for it"
made me wonder just how hard its gonna get

RYARNI
05-20-2010, 12:21 PM
I got close to this situation a few times on hard, its one of the main reasons ive not really started to do much on Nightmare. Seen as though it takes twice the bullets to kill the Taken.

Could just be me but I think as soon as you 'break the darkness' from a Taken you can kill them in less shots. Soon as they kinda explode. Will have to test this again, like I say ive not done much on Nightmare and I cant remember from before.

Kryptech
05-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Same thing happened to me. I am playing on hard and ammo has been pretty scarce. I might be doing something wrong cuz I am always out of ammo and batteries. This makes me really not look forward the nightmare playthrough. Any tips to conserve? I have tried running away from enemies , but they always, always catch up to me cuz they are soo fast or they hit me with flying objects. Freaking jerk ass taken.

skribla
05-20-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm having this problem. I try and shine the light on them to keep them back... if you see another one coming towards you shine the light on him as the one you were previously pointing the flashlight at usually takes a couple of seconds before he's properly recovered. Then wait until you've 'broken the darkness' and then go for headshots.

I'm still not past this bit myself so going to try later and if no avail, then I'll try and backtrack to find some more ammo.

Frost FI
05-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Ammunition boxes give you more bullets. When you have maxed out your bullets, you most likely continue the game. After you have finished off few takens and the sector is clear, go back to the ammunition boxes and max out ammunition again.

In some areas it seems that there are takens respawning unendingly, like in the first episode when you are at the gas station and go the road(enter to dark area). You simply just need to stay there until you get your coffee, so after you have run out of bullets and got the coffee, get out of there!

- And always break the darkness of takens.

- Play the game as it is supposed to be played, watch every corner and find safe areas with light and ammunition.

- The cinematic dodge works amazingly well when you're running away from taken who tries to follow you. When it is going to hit you, it's your turn to do the cinematic dodge and safe some batteries.

OptimusPrime76
05-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Well I'm about to start the last episode and have been playing it on hard and haven't had any issue really with ammo. If anything I seem to find more revolver ammo than I can carry.

The only tip I can offer is make sure your shots count. I know this sounds obvious but you need to get in close sometimes, especially with the shotgun. Most normal taken can be felled with a single shotgun bullet if your close enough. Flares are good, once you get one out run up to the disorientated taken and shoot them at close range.

Also make sure your flare gun and flashbangs are used well. A single shot from either of these should take out at least 3 taken.

One last thing if you do find you are maxed on revolver ammo when you come across some more remember it and as soon as you've fired some bullets backtrack and pick it up.

Not a lot else I can say really other than people who run out of ammo must be bad shots and miss a lot. This why I say get in close to make sure the shots count, try not to panic fire when your surrounded and use the LB cinematic dodge.

Crimson Ridley
05-21-2010, 02:09 AM
On Nightmare you do seem to run out of ammo farily quickly, as enemies resistence to bullets is doubled, so some take 8-10 shots to kill.

However, I did notice that the first half of the game was harder than the second, with ammo being scarce throughout Episodes 1-3, but overwhelming in Episodes 4-6. The game seemed to get easier too, noticable by the amount of "Baby enemies" I call them, the ones with little sickles or whatever, that take 2 shots to kill. You still had plenty of "Big daddies" but nothing you can't handle.

I also think that it's because you had access to flares and flasbangs in the later levels, which are a Godsend on Nightmare.

I compare this game to Prey slightly, as that game was harder in the first few levels until you gained unlimited respawns.

So I wouldn't worry about running out all of the time, just make sure to run a lot and find light.