PDA

View Full Version : Bug on Episode 5, stuck! HELP!

blingbox
05-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Hi i am on episode 5 of the game where i have to make my way to the helicopter with the sheriff and barry. Once i leave the church, i have no idea why but barry and the sheriff do not follow me. However, once i get past all the taken and get to the helicopter, barry eventually gets himself to the helicopter. There is no sign of the sheriff and i had waited near the helicopter for ages!

I decided to track back in the game towards the church and i've found the sheriff at the top of some stairs of the cellar in the church walking towards the wall. When she sees me, she stares at me then walks back towards the wall. Looks like she is stuck and theres nothing i could do to make her come towards the helicopter. Used flares, guns, flashlight, i've restarted checkpoint but it does not go back far enough.

I do not want to have start the game all over again so is there anyway i can get around this? Im not sure if i can restart the episode but again, i hope theres a way to sort this and avoid it. Im not sure if anybody else has had this problem. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! :confused:

Experiment 8
05-20-2010, 02:30 AM
did you get the helicopter key? i dont know if you said you did i just skimmed thru your thread, if this doesnt work try restarting checkpoint?

blingbox
05-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Ive tried restarting checkpoint but as ive gone all the way it wouldnt take me back far enough. I am returned to half way between the church and helicopter. Whether i go back to the church first or fight my way through the taken she would not move at all. I have the helicopter key already, its the one from the church right?

This is craziness, just as i was getting into the game aswell. The story at the beginning was just ridiculous but it grew on me so now enjoying it. Thanks for the quick reply btw, much appreciated :)

Experiment 8
05-20-2010, 02:41 AM
the key where the sheriffs like, fix the box, and alans like nah i already got shocked you fix the box and ill find the key. but come to think of it i think you have to find the key to get the cutscene where barry is running like a girl so i dont know lol. and np.

blingbox
05-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Yeh i remember that, and when i go upstairs she would say the keys are not up there. Shes stuck on the stairs after the room where the key is in, at the top.

ponypo2001
05-20-2010, 03:58 AM
If she won't budge, you can simply restart the chapter. It doesn't take too long to get to that part again so it's not the end of the world. A sod that it glitched like that for you though :/

blingbox
05-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah i ended up replaying the whole chapter, wasn't as long as i thought it would be. Made sure she tagged along this time! Anyway, thanks for the replies! :)

Bonkekook
05-22-2010, 02:33 AM
She did this to me too, although earlier in the chapter. Right across from the Diner there's a metal fence door you go through. I think she unlocks it. Either way, I went through, and she went back through towards the diner. The gate locked and she was stuck in an endless walk into the nearby wall. Had to restart the Chapter to fix it.

blingbox
05-22-2010, 11:03 PM
So annoying when silly things like that happen. Oh well, i've finished the game now and am in no hurry to get the remaining achievements. I have been spooked enough by playing this in the dead of the night so i'm going back to FIFA 10. At least there will be nothing popping out of the screen and the floodlights are on throughout without problems!

Having said that, Alan Wake was a good game so glad i gave it a go. Bring on Red Dead Redemption!

GR1N_REAP3R
05-23-2010, 03:44 AM
Hi i am on episode 5 of the game where i have to make my way to the helicopter with the sheriff and barry. Once i leave the church, i have no idea why but barry and the sheriff do not follow me. However, once i get past all the taken and get to the helicopter, barry eventually gets himself to the helicopter. There is no sign of the sheriff and i had waited near the helicopter for ages!

I decided to track back in the game towards the church and i've found the sheriff at the top of some stairs of the cellar in the church walking towards the wall. When she sees me, she stares at me then walks back towards the wall. Looks like she is stuck and theres nothing i could do to make her come towards the helicopter. Used flares, guns, flashlight, i've restarted checkpoint but it does not go back far enough.

I do not want to have start the game all over again so is there anyway i can get around this? Im not sure if i can restart the episode but again, i hope theres a way to sort this and avoid it. Im not sure if anybody else has had this problem. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! :confused:

You can restart that chapter in episode 5 from the main menu.