PDA

View Full Version : Almost Finished; Final Thoughts.

milsorgen
05-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Level 48 Warrior with just a few achievements to go!

Were it not for the achievements I probably would of played this game ~4 hours and then never looked back. The puzzle mechanics are simplistic without depth, much like the RPG elements of the game. And that's fine it just feels incredibly drawn out. Also "luck" plays way to much of a factor in this game.

Sid Meier has said it best, it's all on the players perception.

And I perceive a game that utilizes cheapness and time in place of any true difficulty. For instance situations where you lose turns, this is the games ultimate crutch. Giving and taking turns becomes so much of what this game is about sometimes you find yourself just watching the cpu play with itself.

Or the constant respawning of enemies along the routes, I'm sorry game I don't want to kill a random mob anymore. The heavy reliance on luck instead of CPU AI means it could take 20 seconds... Or 20 minutes.

Pure Awesome.

That being said, it's not a bad game. But knowing what I know now I have these concrete statements to put forth...

1.) The game is not worth more than 400MSP in my opinion.

2.) Their should be a mechanism introduced in later levels to allow you to spend gold to skip random encounters.

3.) A hard limit of three turns during battles with the 4th turn, when applicable, converted into gold or experience.

tylerrr
01-08-2011, 10:39 PM
capturing nearby cities and riding a fast mount greatly decreases the chance of random enemies spawning on the map.

if sometimes you feel like the CPU is playing by himself, you must not have built your character correctly and you are not using the correct spells.

EloyOn
04-15-2013, 11:32 AM
I agree with tylerrr in everything he said.

If you level up your mount (I have mines level 15+), chances are that when you crash with a map enemy, the option "skip battle" should be there, so you don't have to fight, and that enemy is removed from the map (guess your mount kicks him out xD). Skipping those fights is great, since moving through the map could be tedious otherwise.

Also, as tylerrr said, if you find the battles hard at all or that the cpu is cheating, is because you are doing something wrong with your character stats.