PDA

View Full Version : i think this is the way alan wake is supposed to be played.

wh1tel1ght
05-21-2010, 02:59 AM
i wait untill about 1000pm and turn off all the lights and turn my Tb X41's all the way up. this game is scaring the shit outta me. and im not easily scared by any means. great game IMO.

TheDeceiver35
05-21-2010, 03:31 AM
I can't say I found it that scary (though it had a couple parts that made me jump), but it is engrossing and really does a good job drawing you into whats happening.

MyMorning Dingo
05-21-2010, 03:34 AM
agreed. turtle beaches and definitely at night. did the same for dead space as well. can't wait for the dlc on jan 28th

lovemetal423
05-22-2010, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't say the game is scary, more tense at moments I think. But nonetheless amazing game :woop:

Nero Mystyraa
05-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Nah this game isn't scary...it's mostly creepy and suspenseful but never terribly frightening.

The enemies could have been scarier...if the camera didn't suddenly zoom out and show enemies coming up behind you and instead let the enemies sneak up on you and scare the shit out of you, it would have been much better.

If you think this game is scary, Dead Space will make you shit your pants!

I'm serious, if Alan Wake scared you more then you would have liked, than Dead Space is not good for your heart lol I didn't find Alan Wake scary and yet Dead Space scared the crap out of me CONSTANTLY, so imagine how much it would scare someone that thinks Alan Wake was scary...i don't even wanna imagine being in that poor person's position.

DarqStalker
05-23-2010, 01:34 AM
I also wait till night time and turn the volume up. Did the same with Dead Space. I feel there is a certain element to the game that is missing if I don't experience it like that.

FPS GLIMMER
05-23-2010, 02:05 AM
I dont understand, Deadspace, Alan wake and Bioshock are not scary at all. I wonder why people feel this way? The only scare games for the Xbox is Condemned and condemned 2

Nero Mystyraa
05-23-2010, 05:52 AM
I dont understand, Deadspace, Alan wake and Bioshock are not scary at all. I wonder why people feel this way? The only scare games for the Xbox is Condemned and condemned 2 To say Dead Space wasn't scary is just ignorant in my opinion. Everyone i know who has played it has struggled to complete it because it was so scary.

AllFallD0wn
05-23-2010, 11:32 AM
It wasn't scary until I was on a bus going through some woods at 10 at night..

Archvile78
05-23-2010, 11:37 AM
To say Dead Space wasn't scary is just ignorant in my opinion. Everyone i know who has played it has struggled to complete it because it was so scary.
Dead Space didn't scared me, there was some part that was creepy but thats about it. At least both Dead Space and Alan Wake didn't used the cheap kind of scare that so many horror games tend to use and call "scary" and i mean the classical "you turn around, turn back and something pop up in your face in attempt to make you jump"

Pearson
05-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Alan Wake is creepy at best and it does have that jump factor. What makes AW creepy is the atmosphere and the good sound effects. It plays more like Silent Hill the originator of Psychological Thrillers and does a good job of it. As cheesy at it may seem by today's standards, but the game to ever really scare me was the original Resident Evil. I have to agree with the poster that said what took away the scare factor of Alan Wake, was the slo-mo action of showing the Taken about to attack Alan. If Remedy hadn't done that, I may have been scared a little while playing it.