PDA

View Full Version : Planet of the Green Goblins

B1GM13
05-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Move over, James Franciscus. Here comes James Franco (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/916/916880.html)!

Variety is reporting that Franco -- the Green Goblin himself -- has signed on to star in Fox's Rise of the Apes (http://uk.movies.ign.com/objects/143/14302830.html), the reboot/prequel to the studio's Planet of the Apes series. The actor is said to have beat out "a number of Hollywood's young elite actors for the coveted role."

Adds the trade paper: "[He] sat down with Apes director Rupert Wyatt this past weekend and had an amazing meeting of the minds."

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/109/1091723/spider-man-3-20070327092120583_640w_1274403306.jpg

The film will be an origin story set in modern-day San Francisco, where the aftermath of genetic engineering experimentation has led to thinking apes -- and the beginnings of a war for supremacy between man and his creations. Franco will play a "driven scientist" who becomes a key player in the struggle.

As previously reported, the apes will not be men in suits but instead digital creations courtesy of WETA Digital. Filming starts on July 5 for a June 24, 2011, release.

Source - IGN.com

James Franco pissed me off alot in the Spiderman films, to the point where his face irritated me.

however after seeing him in Pineapple express my opion of him changed alot. he did a great job in that movie.

as mentioned before not to worried about this series of movies, but figure i'd post it as some forum members may be into the Ape's series.

Iconoclast
05-21-2010, 01:07 PM
YES. James Franco. <3

Personally I enjoyed him in Spiderman, and even more in Pineapple Express...I think he's a great actor with a lot of talent, though you don't see him in too many films. Maybe it's a good thing though; he seems to keep his nose clean when it comes to staying out of the media's limelight.

Nozza XBA
05-21-2010, 01:11 PM
He was amazing PE! I to dont really like him in the Spidey films.. feels like he over acts and doesnt have a good angry face lol.

I doubt I'll go to the movies though to watch this1

SynysterChris
05-22-2010, 06:02 AM
I think he was a good Harry Osborne, though being the next goblin with flying skateboard was a bad move. But that really wasn't his fault he is only human and I'm sure he likes money like the rest of us so what can you do?
Though everything I have seen him in I liked so I guess it can't be worse than Spider Man 3, Don't think I will see the movie unless it's on netflix sometime down the road.

DOOKH8R
05-22-2010, 06:11 AM
Long live the crew of Freeks and Geeks.

KFZ Scrubs
05-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Wasn't William Defoe the Green Goblin?
Anyway... sounds interesting... i remember the new planet of the apes the released a couple of years ago... it was alright. Good news is I just happen to like Franco too... so this should be interesting.

ApochWeiss
05-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Wasn't William Defoe the Green Goblin?
Anyway... sounds interesting... i remember the new planet of the apes the released a couple of years ago... it was alright. Good news is I just happen to like Franco too... so this should be interesting.

Yeah, this report and the picture confused the hell out of me. Harry wasn't the Green Goblin technically, but rather he who carried on the Green Goblin lineage. And, technically, wasn't he the Hobgoblin in the comic series? I forget, it's been so long since I cracked open the classics...

Either way, wasn't a HUGE PotA fan, but I might go see this. Didn't really like the recent remake AT ALL so another reboot causes me fear. Might actually just wait for a DVD release and rent it from RedBox for $1 US.

DOOKH8R
05-23-2010, 04:41 AM
Yeah, this report and the picture confused the hell out of me. Harry wasn't the Green Goblin technically, but rather he who carried on the Green Goblin lineage. And, technically, wasn't he the Hobgoblin in the comic series? I forget, it's been so long since I cracked open the classics...

At one point, Harry Osborne was the Hobgoblin in the Ultimate Marvel Universe. Ned Leeds was revealed as the original Hobgoblin (in a story I still don't understand from the early 80s) but then they said Roderick Kingsley was REALLY the Hobgoblin.

Harry did serve as the second (or new) Green Goblin in The Amazing Spider-Man, starting in 1974

domn8rdom
05-23-2010, 05:58 AM
I dont really like James Franco. His acting in Spiderman wasnt that great and well how hard is it to act like a stoner in Pineapple Express?

I dont get people and pineapple express. Do you have to be stoned to find that movie funny or what?

MGMT
05-23-2010, 07:14 PM
http://blog.funimation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/30rock.jpg

"oh Kimiko-tan"

X monkfish69 X
05-23-2010, 09:37 PM
I dont really like James Franco. His acting in Spiderman wasnt that great and well how hard is it to act like a stoner in Pineapple Express?

I dont get people and pineapple express. Do you have to be stoned to find that movie funny or what?

I'm not a stoner (and certainly wasn't stoned), but I found Pineapple Express funny.

Coxy x360a
05-23-2010, 09:41 PM
He played his role well, its just the role everyone seems to dislike. Well, thatsmy opinion anyway.

X monkfish69 X
05-23-2010, 09:44 PM
He played his role well, its just the role everyone seems to dislike. Well, thatsmy opinion anyway.

I thought that the consensus was that he was most disliked in the Spider-Man films.... In particular the 3rd one.

Iconoclast
05-24-2010, 10:06 PM
I thought that the consensus was that he was most disliked in the Spider-Man films.... In particular the 3rd one.

You mean, people disliked someone other than Maguire most? Wait, what?