PDA

View Full Version : Why don't people know of this game?!?

Shadowfan789
05-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Alan Wake is an amazing thrill ride of a game... so why is it that whenever I want to talk to my friends about it... they have no idea what it is? Was this game not advertised enough, or was it just advertised to the wrong crowd? Does anyone else have this problem?

Teh BeZ
05-21-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm a people, I know about it :(

Still don't have it though, Skate 3 was my budget this month.

Shadowfan789
05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Skate is always a nice buy, but I mean all of my friends who play on the 360 just ask what the heck I'm talking about. I know of it because I read sites and magazines like this all the time, but I think this game should have been advertised more or in other places, like how Splinter Cell Conviction did the TV ads.

Hoborg
05-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Like 1 guy on my f list has this game but he also rents many games. Most are just playing Red Dead. The launch was kind of badly timed, AW should have launched before or after RDR.

I agree it's a shame. I love this game and it's definitely a must-play.

Z3R0 S1X
05-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Releasing a game on the same day Rock Star releases anything is probably a bad idea since your game will be overshadowed. I'll probably get to Alan Wake after I finish Prince of Persia:TFS.

xhunterrrr
05-21-2010, 09:02 PM
I think plenty of people know of this game. There was an article about it in USA Today.

Pearson
05-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Releasing a game on the same day Rock Star releases anything is probably a bad idea since your game will be overshadowed. I'll probably get to Alan Wake after I finish Prince of Persia:TFS. Exactly, that is what happened, it's not that people don't know of Alan Wake, it's just they wanted Red Dead because it was made by Rockstar. Rockstar is a more well known development studio than Remedy.

Frost FI
05-22-2010, 12:41 AM
At least in Finland this game got a lot of hype and warm welcome by the media. Of course, everybody here knows at least something about Max Payne and Sami Järvi's manuscript talents.