PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Hits version or GOTY Version

RK1 R33D
05-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Well, I think I made an error, but it's an odd one.

I downloaded Fallout 3 from Games on Demand to try out the service, which I probally won't ever use again because quite frankly, this sucks ass.

I paid $30 for the Platinum Hits version of Fallout 3 a good 6 months after all of the DLC has come out for it. I found out yesterday I didn't have Broken Steel DLC which I figured was true since it didn't show up on my dash board for the achievements.

However, what's odd is I can't seem to get to The Pitt, and those achievements do show up. IDK what DLC the Platinum hits version has, or does not have.

I have searched the Web in trying to figure out what I need to do, should I just finish the original 1000 then the Pitt will unlock naturally or what?

esio gk
05-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Platinum Hits version of Fallout 3 doesn't have any DLC.

Only GotY versions has all DLC's.

RK1 R33D
05-21-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Platinum Hits version of Fallout 3 doesn't have any DLC.

Only GotY versions has all DLC's.

That would be odd then, why would achievements for DLC show up on the dashboard for DLC if I haven't downloaded it then?

Meh, I should've just bought the GOTY DVD off amazon instead of trying out this Games on demand bs. I'm going to end up shelling out an extra $10 in the end to get the full 1550.

The Pants Party
05-21-2010, 05:44 PM
The Dashboard is just showing you all available achievements for the game. It doesn't matter if you own the content associated with it not, they are still a part of the game.

Platinum Hits doesn't include any DLC, it's just a cheaper version of the original game. GOTY comes with everything. With what you have, you can only earn the basic 1000 gamerscore.

bapae
05-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Plat hits version doesnt have any of the DLC on the GoTY version does so ur going to have to spend 4000 Msp to get them or buy some of the DLC on disks.

RK1 R33D
05-22-2010, 01:18 AM
See that doesn't make sense then, because wouldn't the dashboard show all the achievements? It was only showing the original 1000 achievements and then the an extra 100 for the Pitt. Now it is showing the extra 150 for Broken Steel since I downloaded it. It doesn't show any of the other achievements.

XxNickTxX
05-25-2010, 01:31 AM
Plat Hits = Silver Case, Patches already on the disc, no DLC
GOTY = All DLC, all Patches

I got Plat Hits for $20, and bought all the DLC when it was on sale (Total was like, $20 for all on sale)

rianbattle
05-25-2010, 08:06 PM
depends. most of the time they'll include the new achievements along with the dlc, as you've noticed. but, occasionally they'll add them in with a title update for the main game itself, making them show up even if you don't have the dlc associated with it.