PDA

View Full Version : Caprica

hannar__x
05-21-2010, 04:07 PM
I've searched through and noticed there's no Caprica thread. Is this because no one likes the show?

I was wondering what all your opinions are on it, either as a standalone show or as a prequel of Battlestar Galactica.

:)

CodSteaks
05-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Is that what it is, a BSG prequel? I haven't actually watched BSG, but it's definitely on my list of shows to watch at some point.

Shinobi273
05-21-2010, 06:16 PM
I think it's okay, I just want to see how everything plays out and how cylons are finally created.

hannar__x
05-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Is that what it is, a BSG prequel?

Yeah, it's set 58 years before the start of BSG.

UK Dennis
05-21-2010, 11:54 PM
I think it is a great show, i bit iffy in places but all around good. I havent watched it in ages, is there more than one season or something? the last episode i watched is where....

SPOILER!!!

The cylon crashes into the truck, and the Scientist's wife kills herself.

Shinobi273
05-21-2010, 11:56 PM
I think it is a great show, i bit iffy in places but all around good. I havent watched it in ages, is there more than one season or something? the last episode i watched is where....

SPOILER!!!

The cylon crashes into the truck, and the Scientist's wife kills herself.

That was the last episode that aired. You can watch on hulu, that's how I have been following.

Jemocasa
05-22-2010, 04:01 PM
This show bored me silly. The only good episode was the one in the virtual world with Adama's daughter.

Postmodernmartyr
05-24-2010, 01:56 AM
It started slow but got pretty good... I don't think it's gonna last...

domn8rdom
05-24-2010, 06:45 AM
I watched BSG and I been meaning to watch this show but I have never got around to watching it.

theraybo
05-29-2010, 06:41 AM
Loved BSG, but have yet to view a single Caprica episode. I don't want to watch a show that gets canceled to early ,so I will wait until season 2 is finished airing and start then.

Durdens Wrath
08-02-2010, 02:51 AM
It bores me to tears. I was hoping for a nice arc, and less emo robots. My god I want to slap the girl silly.

This show could save itself if it jumps right into the 1st Cylon war and takes us all the way through Operation Raptor Talon.

Scythie
08-02-2010, 12:40 PM
I loved BSG, started re-watching it this past week with my brother again actually. Certain bits you know what's going to happen, but it still makes your hairs stand on end, lol.

I think I will watch Caprica once it's finished and on DVD (and I have funds, lol). I prefer to watch TV series on DVD so I can smash through 4 or 5 series in one go, no breaks, no adverts, no waiting. ;)

SALT1R3
08-02-2010, 07:33 PM
It started off promisingly but seemed to tail off towards the end of the series. By that time I was fast-forwarding most of the scenes (just like I do with House and SG: Universe) and only watch the scenes that arent utterly predictable. That was one of the good things about BSG - its unpredictability...