PDA

View Full Version : I do not understand. At All.

oXI Chimera IXo
05-21-2010, 10:04 PM
This game ,I thought, was going to like the best piece of story-telling ever. I just completed it yesterday and have virtually no idea what happened. Can someone summarize it or something? Ending made absolutely no sence as all, was it a dream? what was it? Also, what was up with the floating big daddy that came in from time to time? I don't know.

darkSIDEchoes
05-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Big daddy, huh? I'm PRETTY SURE that diver suits have been around longer than Bioshock.

Just sayin'

Pearson
05-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Don't worry, as much as I liked the game too, I was confused about the ending. It might make sense in Alan Wake 2 after it comes out. I have a guess as to what the ending may mean, but not exactly what it means.

xhunterrrr
05-21-2010, 11:04 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229041

Some good theories/ideas going on in that thread.

Ray5555
05-22-2010, 12:04 AM
The ending was Alan facing the darkness that Tom faced. After defeating the previous darkness Alan rewrote history, saving his life and those taken by the darkness, but Alan realized there had to be a price to pay. Since there can't be light with out darkness. This was the fundamental rule Tom never realized. Alan sent back a homunculi to his friends and family while he stayed behind to write both the Light and the Dark, into his story.

Thus this is why he revived rose as the lamp lady. He left her there cause tere will always be Darkness, but she will be the new Wheeler.