PDA

View Full Version : few questions about missed collectibles

MASS DOMINATION
05-22-2010, 07:11 AM
im about 80% done the game and have about 90% of the collectibles. if i go back and replay checkpoints within past episodes can i exit out as soon as i get the needed item or do i need to finish the level.

OR, can i just get them later on my nightmare play-through?
-do the collectibles transfer over?
-are the ones i already got in my first play-through going to reappear in my second play-through? is there only one save file? in other words, if i start a new game does my first game get erased?:confused::confused:

A ZombieTwinkie
05-22-2010, 07:39 AM
I haven't gone through yet, but from what I've gathered from other members here, they do in fact carry over to your Nightmare play through. I missed a radio and a few thermoses and a sign, I do believe and a handful of birds. Gonna start through it probably in a week or so.

But yes, they do carry over.

metallicorphan
05-22-2010, 08:21 AM
yes they carry over...however,if like me for your second playthrough you used a guide for the remaining collectables,be aware that Coffee Thermos's and Can Pyramids that you have collected in your first run through,will not appear in your second...so you could be searching for ages just to make sure(or come to the conclusion)that you must of picked it up in the first run..but you can never be sure

Manuscripts still appear though,even if you have collected them in the first playthrough(you don't need to pick them up again in the second playthrough though if you don't want)

Hidden Chests are still there as well whether you have opened it in first playthrough or not...same goes for TVs,Radios and Signs(again if you have any of these in the first run,you don't need to bother in the second...but it would be an idea to open the chests again,so you have more ammo)

hope that helps

Tyger7
05-22-2010, 09:17 AM
If you get a collectible, you must hit a checkpoint to save the collectible, then you can exit out. The collectibles carry over with your profile. If you deleted your save and started a new game, it would still have your collectibles/kills.

If you collected a thermos, it will never show up for you again.

If you shot a can pyramid, it will be gone from the game as well

Manuscripts will continue to show up, even though they are logged in your manuscript info page.

Radios and TV shows will still play.

Supply Crates will still be there, will all the ammo inside.

Signs of course can still be read.

MASS DOMINATION
05-22-2010, 07:45 PM
great, thanks for the help.