PDA

View Full Version : Better Guide?

EliteShadowMan
05-23-2010, 04:03 AM
What poll do you think is better? Webbs, or tygers? i personally think tyger's is better and to have a mod just lock the thread just because they "had the guide first" is ridiculous. Seriously unlock it again u should be giving people a chance to at least post a guide. looking at both gamerscores it seems tyger already has the 1000 so the guide would be more eligible and so i think that IMO tyger's guide should be unlocked for the moment and see where this goes.

I'm not hating on you dan webb but i really think u should be giving people a chance to at least create a guide

DeceptiveJunk
05-23-2010, 04:26 AM
Tyger7's was much more complete and he even had the titles of the manuscripts and radio shows for a reference. What's the point of locking a guide that is more complete than the current sticky?

Hell, the sticky guide doesn't even list the nightmare manuscripts

Ray5555
05-23-2010, 04:27 AM
Webbs' is better for the regular achievements, Tygers' better for the Collectibles. Basically Tygers' Achievement guide was the same quality as Webbs' if not lacking a little. But Tygers' collectible guide is better than Webbs' thus why it is still up.

Please don't make these stupid threads in the future. They just cause useless fights. If there is a mod out there please lock, or delete this thread. It is pointless, and useless.

dar81281
05-23-2010, 04:31 AM
I think EliteShadowMan has a valid point. When has it ever been policy of this website to lock 2nd+ acheivement guides after there is a sticky? There are plenty of games that even have multiple guides stickied.

EliteShadowMan
05-23-2010, 04:33 AM
Webbs' is better for the regular achievements, Tygers' better for the Collectibles. Basically Tygers' Achievement guide was the same quality as Webbs' if not lacking a little. But Tygers' collectible guide is better than Webbs' thus why it is still up.

Please don't make these stupid threads in the future. They just cause useless fights. If there is a mod out there please lock, or delete this thread. It is pointless, and useless.

There is only useless fights if people don't know how to behave. I'm just stating my opinion, if anything your the one starting the fight just by adding that second paragraph.

Ray5555
05-23-2010, 04:36 AM
I think EliteShadowMan has a valid point. When has it ever been policy of this website to lock 2nd+ acheivement guides after there is a sticky? There are plenty of games that even have multiple guides stickied.

But what you're not following is it is the same as Webb's guide. Why have 2 of the samething up? Webb even stated this when he closed the topic. This is why the Collectibles guide is still up, and unlocked. Cause it is different, and detailed where to get everything in order of appearance.

There is only useless fights if people don't know how to behave. I'm just stating my opinion, if anything your the one starting the fight just by adding that second paragraph.

Why make the topic in the first place? Unless your only trying to start a fight there really is no use for this thread.

EliteShadowMan
05-23-2010, 04:38 AM
But what you're not following is it is the same as Webb's guide. Why have 2 of the samething up? Webb even stated this when he closed the topic. This is why the Collectibles guide is still up, and unlocked. Cause it is different, and detailed where to get everything in order of appearance.

Why make the topic in the first place? Unless your only trying to start a fight there really is no use for this thread.

go troll somewhere else kind sir

Komrade Kayce
05-23-2010, 04:42 AM
Tygers was much easier to follow. Just sayin'.

Ray5555
05-23-2010, 04:44 AM
go troll somewhere else kind sir

No your the person trolling here, my kind sir. I just state the obvious. You made this topic to start a fight.

Tygers was much easier to follow. Just sayin'.

Oh, yes for the collectibles that is. If that was taken down, then you wouldn't hear a peep from me about this topic. But this is about the general Achievement guide which is the same as the one we have.

EliteShadowMan
05-23-2010, 04:46 AM
No your the person trolling here, my kind sir. I just state the obvious. You made this topic to start a fight.

i'm stating my opinion, u must be like dan webbs friend or something just trying to make sure that his guide is the only one. u repeated urself twice about my thread being stupid and then just copied what i just said and added ur opinion onto it meaning u lack the skill of communications, good day troll!

Edit: difference between guide - Dan webb calls flashlights torches...may confuse some people? and he doesnt have achievement pictures they are all question marks and i've seen a few areas that tyger7 has done better to describe

Ray5555
05-23-2010, 04:50 AM
i'm stating my opinion, u must be like dan webbs friend or something just trying to make sure that his guide is the only one. u repeated urself twice about my thread being stupid and then just copied what i just said and added ur opinion onto it meaning u lack the skill of communications, good day troll!

Here comes the insults, from a person that couldn't think of a logical counter argument to what I said. I am just a neutral spectator here. I only state what is known. If something rings true why not state it? Your just mad I pointed out the obvious. good day kind sir.

Annalie
05-23-2010, 05:11 AM
No i dont think his thread should have been locked, like someone said before there have been other games with more than one guide. regardless if they are similar, i dont see the point. all i know is when i get the game ill be using tygers guide.

Lex Talionis
05-23-2010, 05:20 AM

Ray you're the one trolling. Cut it out. ESM is stating an opinion.

@EliteShadowMan (ESM) and the rest of us interested in this thread: I was tempted to make similar comments to/about Webb myself. I refrained, out of respect, since he is one of the head mods if not the head mod around here. Since the issue has now been raised, however, I might as well go ahead and share my opinion.

I think Tyger's guides end up being some of the best I've seen. They may start plain, and quite frankly similar to Webb's, but he incorporates a lot of edits and editions based on others comments. In addition, Tyger usually goes back and adds his own video guides to go along with a lot of achievements, which would have been different and original from anything already posted. For instance Tyger's guides for Splinter Cell are excellent.

Do I think it should have been locked? No. Was it similar to Webb's, Yes. But, As I stated, Webb didn't even give it time to develop. With input from the community, it would have eventually become something much different.

Annalie
05-23-2010, 05:30 AM
I agree lex, btw one example of a game with multiple guides would be Left 4 dead 2. probably about 4 to 5.

eqzeb
05-23-2010, 05:39 AM
His collectible guide is awesome...separated by chapter, all collectibles in the order found...color coded and numbered. It should def be sticky'd but I just subscribed to them so they can lock them if they want.

Nero Mystyraa
05-23-2010, 06:08 AM
I read both Webb's and Tyger's guides the other day and i liked Tyger's guide better and i was just about to post in his thread to thank him for such an easy-to-follow guide and i find out it's been locked by the other guide owner who happens to be a mod.

Now, to me, that just ain't right. I've been to other forums that had more than one Achievement guide/Roadmaps. This is the first time i've seen a perfectly good guide getting locked just because the guy that locked it didn't want another guide like his up there in the stickies section. Lame and a mis-use of powers in my opinion.

Edit: I wonder how long it'll take till Webb notices this thread and closes it instantly :)

Hoborg
05-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Tyger is better

Ray5555
05-23-2010, 06:33 AM
Ray you're the one trolling. Cut it out. ESM is stating an opinion.

@EliteShadowMan (ESM) and the rest of us interested in this thread: I was tempted to make similar comments to/about Webb myself. I refrained, out of respect, since he is one of the head mods if not the head mod around here. Since the issue has now been raised, however, I might as well go ahead and share my opinion.

I think Tyger's guides end up being some of the best I've seen. They may start plain, and quite frankly similar to Webb's, but he incorporates a lot of edits and editions based on others comments. In addition, Tyger usually goes back and adds his own video guides to go along with a lot of achievements, which would have been different and original from anything already posted. For instance Tyger's guides for Splinter Cell are excellent.

Do I think it should have been locked? No. Was it similar to Webb's, Yes. But, As I stated, Webb didn't even give it time to develop. With input from the community, it would have eventually become something much different.

How am I trolling when I am stating facts, and reason? If you don't want to hear the facts, or listen to reason that's fine. But you can't complain or call me a troll for stating the facts, or applying reason.

As for what you said, why not do that with Webb's guide? It has been out about a week longer than Tygers' guide. Why not give him input, and help to make his guide better. No, instead you rather whine in topic than to take time, and give Webb some constructive criticism in his guide.

KrizchyN
05-23-2010, 06:39 AM
you kids..

Langeboy
05-23-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't really mind which guide is used. There really isn't many achievements in the game's list that will require a lot of research.. Most are relatively self-explanatory. I think both guides do what they set out to do. I do think Tyger's guide for collectible's should be used. Maybe that can be the median here? Half Webb (achievement guide), half Tyger (collectible guide)?

Nero Mystyraa
05-23-2010, 06:46 AM
As for what you said, why not do that with Webb's guide? It has been out about a week longer than Tygers' guide. Why not give him input, and help to make his guide better. No, instead you rather whine in topic than to take time, and give Webb some constructive criticism in his guide. I think it's because Webb has lost some respect from these people for locking Tyger's guide. They'd rather side with the fellow gamer than the guy that has the powers to lock your threads and the power to ban you if you get on his nerves.

Ray5555
05-23-2010, 06:48 AM
I don't really mind which guide is used. There really isn't many achievements in the game's list that will require a lot of research.. Most are relatively self-explanatory. I think both guides do what they set out to do. I do think Tyger's guide for collectible's should be used. Maybe that can be the median here? Half Webb (achievement guide), half Tyger (collectible guide)?

I agree with you 100%. I posted this in Webb's collectibles achievement guide. I agree his Collectible guide should be used instead of the current one.

I think it's because Webb has lost some respect from these people for locking Tyger's guide. They'd rather side with the fellow gamer than the guy that has the powers to lock your threads and the power to ban you if you get on his nerves.

True enough, bravo for putting thought into your post. I can see what you are saying, but the problem with that is why didn't they contribute to Webb's guide, before Webb locked Tygers guide?

Lex Talionis
05-23-2010, 06:53 AM
How am I trolling when I am stating facts, and reason? If you don't want to hear the facts, or listen to reason that's fine. But you can't complain or call me a troll for stating the facts, or applying reason.

As for what you said, why not do that with Webb's guide? It has been out about a week longer than Tygers' guide. Why not give him input, and help to make his guide better. No, instead you rather whine in topic than to take time, and give Webb some constructive criticism in his guide.

Lol... I almost responded, but then I remembered:

YouTube- Internet Bridge Troll

Ah, embedding disabled. Guess you'll have to watch it on youtube.....

In all seriousness, I was saying I see nothing wrong with multiple guides being available. If the reason Tyger's was locked was because it was similar, then I find that reason to be inadequate. Multiple guides, even similar guides exist in many of the other forums. In addition, Tyger would have made it different, and I found his more complete to begin with.

EliteShadowMan
05-23-2010, 07:00 AM
Lol... I almost responded, but then I remembered:

YouTube- Internet Bridge Troll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg)

Ah, embedding disabled. Guess you'll have to watch it on youtube.....

In all seriousness, I was saying I see nothing wrong with multiple guides being available. If the reason Tyger's was locked was because it was similar, then I find that reason to be inadequate. Multiple guides, even similar guides exist in many of the other forums. In addition, Tyger would have made it different, and I found his more complete to begin with.

lol great video! made me rofl

Nero Mystyraa
05-23-2010, 07:14 AM
True enough, bravo for putting thought into your post. I can see what you are saying, but the problem with that is why didn't they contribute to Webb's guide, before Webb locked Tygers guide? I don't know. People do things differently. Maybe some people were going to use Webb's achievement guide and Tyger's collectibles guide, but maybe after they saw Tyger's guide getting unfairly locked, they had a change of heart? I dunno, i can't tell what they're thinking, but that is how i feel too.

This isn't the first time i've seen unfair use of powers from Forum Mods and i'm strongly against it.

Also another thing that bothers me is that Webb himself admitted that Tyger's collectibles guide is better and yet he still didn't sticky it. Which leads me to believe that he kind of just wants the people's attention directed toward his own guides. I dunno if that was his intention, and even if it is, he'd never come out and admit as it would make him look bad.

But answer me this. Why is that other games have had more than one achievement guide and this one had the second achievement guide locked? The answer is because some of those other games' guides weren't made by a Mod that had the power to lock other guides that were potentially seen as competition.

And before you say anything i'm not a Tyger fanboy either. I'm just siding with the one that got cheated. God knows how long it took him to compile all that info together and to have it locked so effortlessly is just unacceptable.

Tell me something, how would you feel if it were you instead of Tyger and it was your guide that just got locked. Wouldn't you feel the injustice? The hours of work going down the drain? I bet you'd be singing a different tune if you'd stop to think about it more thoroughly.

Ray5555
05-23-2010, 07:53 AM
I don't know. People do things differently. Maybe some people were going to use Webb's achievement guide and Tyger's collectibles guide, but maybe after they saw Tyger's guide getting unfairly locked, they had a change of heart? I dunno, i can't tell what they're thinking, but that is how i feel too.

This isn't the first time i've seen unfair use of powers from Forum Mods and i'm strongly against it.

Also another thing that bothers me is that Webb himself admitted that Tyger's collectibles guide is better and yet he still didn't sticky it. Which leads me to believe that he kind of just wants the people's attention directed toward his own guides. I dunno if that was his intention, and even if it is, he'd never come out and admit as it would make him look bad.

But answer me this. Why is that other games have had more than one achievement guide and this one had the second achievement guide locked? The answer is because some of those other games' guides weren't made by a Mod that had the power to lock other guides that were potentially seen as competition.

And before you say anything i'm not a Tyger fanboy either. I'm just siding with the one that got cheated. God knows how long it took him to compile all that info together and to have it locked so effortlessly is just unacceptable.

Tell me something, how would you feel if it were you instead of Tyger and it was your guide that just got locked. Wouldn't you feel the injustice? The hours of work going down the drain? I bet you'd be singing a different tune if you'd stop to think about it more thoroughly.

Already happened. I created a Saw Achievement guide about the same time PantsParty made his. I got mad at first when this happened, but I thought about, and let it go.

I've been burned by the mods on one of my achievement guides, so I know how it feels. I also thought logically afterwards. While mine was good in cetain areas it lacked in others. Same with the mods. But I let it go, and showed maturity. I didn't make a topic to start a fight, or to call out the mod.

See you, actually make valid points in your arguments. Unlike EliteShadowMan, and Lex Talionis, who decided to act juvinile when their faulty logic was shown for what it is. After looking over Webb's guide, and Tygers' guide they are almost the same except Webb's goes into more detail on a few of the chapter specific achievements. Tygers's guide was also wrong on the Child of the Elder God achievement.

jackanape
05-23-2010, 09:31 AM
If Tyger was so awesome and selfless then why didn't he actively contribute to two guides that were already ongoing and stickied. He could have just sent Webb a copy of his collectible guide and asked for it to replace the existing one - with joint credit for both of them.

Same for the achievement guide.

Instead he posted them up in direct competition and without even speaking to Webb about it beforehand. Hardly the community spirit.

We only ever have one guide stickied, and if that is not the case on other areas of the site then tell me where and I'll go and remove one of them. Other than that this thread is useless.