PDA

View Full Version : Whats new?

RexDarr
05-23-2010, 04:42 AM
Can anyone confirm what is new for NHL 11? How does it differ from past EA Sports NHL games? What has been added and what has been upgraded?

OILFAN 79
05-23-2010, 05:08 AM
so far only the chl and a new body physics engine have been confirmed but theres talk on the easports forum that there will be more interactive crowds so when theres a big hit the crowd will either boo or cheer. Another trend on the ea forums is the teams real intros/goal horns and 2 refs and 2 linesman.

if you want more info become a fan of nhl 10 on fb. The page creater updates it when something is confirmed basically the second after its been confirmed.

Actually just looking it seems the page has been deleted. possibly for posting info before ea releases it?? i know they had a screenshot of nhl 11 on the page and i havent seen screens anywhere else

Yourburntstar
06-06-2010, 07:47 PM
sounds pretty sweet.. i've been loving the NHL series ever since 94. and they only get better each year, although they only add minor things to change it.. but this year with the new engine i'm hoping it does alot more than what most people expect. i cannot wait to play this. or even see anything about it.

i'll be looking on this page and many more until for info on it until September 7th when i have it in my hands.

Miasma
06-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I read somewhere that you can break your stick on this one.
Can't remember where I read it though.

lappy2222
06-09-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm gonna love the CHL addition. Being able to play as Hall or Seguin right off the bat is gonna be awesome!!

billabong1484
06-28-2010, 02:51 PM
It looks pretty sick, here's 5 things they added.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5264143/five-things-know-nhl-11?readmore=fullstory

Harpua191
07-11-2010, 08:35 PM
With a new engine it should be interesting

II TAPOUT II
07-16-2010, 09:02 PM
With a new engine it should be interesting

This.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the physics engine betters the game. Should make it much more realistic and enjoyable.

RexDarr
07-19-2010, 11:07 PM
I want to see each game unique. With past NHL games you would SLAM someone into the boards and they would be injured. It would look serious but then they would only be out for the remainder of the game! Sometimes they would get a concusion or a broken wrist and only be out for a week or two.
I would like to see realistic injuries, season-ending injuries, and once-in-a-while career ending injuries.
Broken glass would be a nice addition, even seeing someone go through it in to the crowd would be a welcoming addition

Yourburntstar
07-20-2010, 11:38 PM
the thing i hope the new engine helps with is the actual contact you make with objects such as the puck on stick should be more effective. and when someone goes for a open ice hit they shouldnt slide right next to the person and then a second later check the air and watch them go by you. . . the checking is by far the most interesting thing i'm curious about, because if you can actually connect with hits like you could in NHL 09 than it will defineately bring back the defensive aspect of the game. which i love because i'm a LD or RD

and yeah i always ramble on in my post and i'm sorry.. haha

i just really cannot wait till this is out cause i am sooo ready for some FRESH hockey again.

and please let their be NOOOOO GLITCHES!!!!!!! ugh... i know their will be but god damn people why play the game if your just gonna glitch it? geez. its hockey, just enjoy it like a normal hockey fan would.