PDA

View Full Version : Have they made a film about this?

Cable Player
05-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Have they made a film about this?
I went to see Prince of Persia yesterday, (the first film that was made from a game that is actually a decent film!), and one of the adverts at the beginning seemed a lot like this.
I cannot remember all the details, but I seem to remember the film being called "The last Airbender" and in the preview there was a bald kid with the same markings on his head.

So have they made a film/ are they making a film about this game?

ReignerRuler
05-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Yes, they are, the official site is here;
http://www.thelastairbendermovie.com/

Release is 2nd July and, if you want, you can watch it in 3D.

Cable Player
05-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Hmmm. Looks like it could be a good film.

But hold on a minute! Films are usually acompanied by easy point games.
Oh deer. What's this one going to be like!!! hahaa

MATH3W MAGNUM77
08-04-2010, 02:51 PM
the catoon was fun tho.. on nick.

SoulFlame555
08-06-2010, 06:24 AM
The cartoon was great, however M Night Shamylan FAILED on recreating for the big screen. The trailer was intense... Several of us went to a opening night showing to check it out, thinking it was his big comeback... The movie fell short of the cartoons by a longshot.

circus1776
08-06-2010, 06:47 AM
The cartoon was great, however M Night Shamylan FAILED on recreating for the big screen. The trailer was intense... Several of us went to a opening night showing to check it out, thinking it was his big comeback... The movie fell short of the cartoons by a longshot.

A truer statement has never been spoken. Oh, how horrible the movie was. The trailers made it look so epic :( But as a huge fan of the Avatar: The Last Airbender show, it really let me down. XD I knew they wouldn't be able to fit the whole first season in there and make me give a crap about the characters...there's a reason why it was a tv show. Too much information in it for just a movie!

SoulFlame555
08-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Circus, have you heard they are still moving forward with book's 2 & 3 ???? I'm soo disappointed!!

circus1776
08-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Circus, have you heard they are still moving forward with book's 2 & 3 ???? I'm soo disappointed!!

??!!!!?!?!?!?? Why would they do that?!?! It was so terrible!! Ugh. It's gonna suck when they try to retell book 3, because that one was so epic and brought all of the story together and they will just drive it into the soil.

That movie got terrible reviews and had no character development, plus I only know ONE PERSON who saw it and liked it. I don't even know how M Night convinced them to fund two more movies. Maybe his big twist will be that the other two aren't effing terrible. XD

haza555
09-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Saw the movie yesterday, it's quite simply the worst film i've ever seen.