PDA

View Full Version : Rise Against

JoshYo 16
05-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Any of you listen to them? I think their the most kick ass band around. Favorite songs would have to be Collapse and The Good Left Undone.

If you care about where our world is heading, you should listen to Collapse even if you don't listen to the band. It's a really great song with so much meaning.

laundryman
05-23-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't listen to them because of their beliefs. I listen to them because I think they're a good band.

JoshYo 16
05-23-2010, 11:05 PM
I don't listen to them because of their beliefs. I listen to them because I think they're a good band.

I like their music too, but the fact that what they say appeals to me makes me like them that much more.

Majica8
05-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Yup, love them. Hero of War is amazing, also love Give It All (Hardly surprising since that track being on Rock Band 2 is how I discovered them)

JoshYo 16
05-24-2010, 06:33 AM
Yup, love them. Hero of War is amazing, also love Give It All (Hardly surprising since that track being on Rock Band 2 is how I discovered them)

Don't know why Hero of War wasn't in my OP. I had my mind set on joining the military after high school, this song actually changed my mind. Not entirely by itself, although it did play a part.

It really makes sense. Why give your life to a country that wouldn't give you the corn that they ate for dinner and then shit out.

Iconoclast
05-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Great band. I wasn't a huge fan of them when they first appeared in mainstream music, but as their albums have progressed, so has my appreciation for their music. I liked a few songs from the Siren Song of the Counter Culture album, most of the ones from Sufferer & Witness, and everything off their latest album.

Hero of War is a truly amazing song. Watching the music video makes me wanna cry.

TheDeadspace
05-24-2010, 10:47 PM
I liked Siren Song, but I haven't really listened to much since then. Paper Wings and Rumours of My Demise were my picks from that album.

B1GM13
05-25-2010, 07:46 AM
i remember hearing them on Burnout Takedown (Paper Wings)

since then i've really got into them. seen them twice :)

Battosai343
05-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Yes!! This band has kinda become my new obsession. I've only been listening to them for about a month, but WOW. Their lyrics are very clever and refreshing compared to the sea of crap currently going around. Current favorites: Drones, Survive, Swing Life Away, Kotov Syndrome, and Re-Education Through Labor.

Although, the only thing that gets on my nerves with this band (amongst MANY others) is that they down-tune their guitars. A little annoying for me to play their music, but well worth the headache. :)

JoshYo 16
05-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Yes!! This band has kinda become my new obsession. I've only been listening to them for about a month, but WOW. Their lyrics are very clever and refreshing compared to the sea of crap currently going around. Current favorites: Drones, Survive, Swing Life Away, Kotov Syndrome, and Re-Education Through Labor.

Although, the only thing that gets on my nerves with this band (amongst MANY others) is that they down-tune their guitars. A little annoying for me to play their music, but well worth the headache. :)

Yeah, some of their songs sound like they should be lower. I love their music though. Another good one is Ready to Fall. One of my favorites. As well as Like the Angel.

The music video for Ready to Fall pisses me off. Seeing the baby chicks on a conveyor belt and seeing that dude throw them like they are trash. Fucking people.

Great band. I wasn't a huge fan of them when they first appeared in mainstream music, but as their albums have progressed, so has my appreciation for their music. I liked a few songs from the Siren Song of the Counter Culture album, most of the ones from Sufferer & Witness, and everything off their latest album.

Hero of War is a truly amazing song. Watching the music video makes me wanna cry.

The music video for that song was amazing compared to their others. Matched the song really well. I agree though, heartbreaking. I love the part where one foreign boy is hanging on the soldiers back and he picks up another kid, it's cute.

dm master
05-26-2010, 03:33 PM
I love them. Prayer of the refugee, ready to fall, audience of one.. Actully screw it i cant pick a fave...

I don't really listen or read into lyrics very much so i just listen because i like the music.

When i saw them live it was awesome :D Hero of war and Swing life away were incredible.

mike eppenbro
05-27-2010, 07:29 AM
I remember watching them play at an old skate park here touring in support of "The Unraveling," back in 2001, about 40-50 kids there and it was insane. Phenomenal live show, too. While I'll still be more fond of the earlier stuff, glad to see them make it big. They deserve it.