PDA

View Full Version : Gunless wonder help

weird carrot
05-23-2010, 07:14 PM
hi all i need any hints-tips-tricks you guys might have

i have made it too the bottom of the hill (just before the part with falling houses/cars etc etc) i have turned on the street lamp etc BUT im all out of flash bangs/flares. i did try lureing the taken into the lamps beam but they seem to be infinate (mainly because i lured about 50+ into it) but they just kept spawning, i have tryed running up the hill but with no flares or flash bangs its impossible to dodge them all.

any ideas on how to make it up this last stretch? or are there any hidden items around this part i may find handy?

thanks alot

Ozbaab
05-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Out of flashbangs + flares - ouch!
I would restart from a recent checkpoint, if that doesn't help I would redo it from the start.
Can't say if there are any hidden stashes nearby sorry.

You are playing on Normal ain't you? I think there are more limited supplies on harder difficulties.

weird carrot
05-23-2010, 07:29 PM
ner im on hard, im just so close to it, but its just the retardedly infinate enemys that keep re-spawning

im just wondering if theres any back the way i came- but i cant seem to lure any of those taken into the lamp.......no idea why

Lex Talionis
05-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Sorry to say it, but you may have to start the section over if you ran out of flares and flashbangs due to earlier mistakes....

What mistakes am I talking about? For instance, I'm not sure if you're past the part with the searchlight yet, but what most people don't realize is that you only need to waste 2-3 flares to get through that section... You can run after the tornado moves the cars up to the flares and flashbangs, pick them up, then run to the first mine cart blocking the door.... Then you drop a flare or two, push the first cart out of the way and then go to the second cart, drop a flare or two, and push the second cart out of the way....

In addition, for most of the parts at the beginning, the lights are so close to each other you can simply run from checkpoint to checkpoint without using flares..

And as a reminder, DON'T USE THE FLARE GUN

However, there were a lot of times I thought I was stuck, when in reality I was not. i.e. when I got to Dr. Hartman after the hedge maze on my nightmare run through, I only had 12 revolver bullets and 7 batteries. That was it. I must have tried to fight Hartman and those birds 20 times. I kept trying to get the flares, batteries and ammo in the gazebo while avoiding Dr. Hartman and the birds.... I never could do that. But then I made it past him and to the next checkpoint on my second try of simply running past him....

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Lex Talionis
05-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh man, do the Gunless wonder run through on normal.... I know you worked hard to get where you are, but it's sooo much easier on normal

N3xus Gam3r
05-23-2010, 07:32 PM
i took a run up the next generator, there a flare there, so pick it up and drop at the generator, because you will surely get attacked by the Taken

Hope it helps ;)

weird carrot
05-23-2010, 07:36 PM
thanks all for some ideas
and a huge thanks to lex talionis for the sweet guide

just a quick update- there are 2 flashbangs in the destoryed train cart, so i did make it to the next lamp (woooooooooo!)

again thanks for all the help!

weird carrot
05-23-2010, 07:54 PM
WOOOOO achiev done!

apparently it is possable with no flashbangs lmao

Ozbaab
05-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Grats :D

[Ten characters]

Pearson
05-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Achievements like "Gunless Wonder" and "Meet the Deadline" are always best to do on Normal since there are more items laying around to help you make it to checkpoints.

Lex Talionis
05-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Glad you made it :)