PDA

View Full Version : Only Missing 3 achievements... Advice please?

moontsuki
05-24-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm missing the following:

Picking Up After Yourself - Find All Of the manuscript pages in Normal Mode

Collectors Edition - find all of the manuscript pages in the game including the ones in Nightmare mode

Hypercaffeinated - Discover all coffee thermoses

... Would it just be worthwhile deleting my save and starting a fresh game to get these achievements? Because it will be a pain trying to find the ones I have and haven't got now...

My stats for the manuscript pages are: 89/106
and for thermoses: 81/100

I'm thinking it'd be easier to start fresh and use the guide here on X360A to get these last 3 achievements but it wont affect my current achievements in anyway if I do that will it (silly question but dont want to end up losing them lol)

thank you :)

shizomac
05-24-2010, 01:26 AM
You can use the guide and not have to make a new save. When you grab a Manuscript that you already have collected, you wont get the icon at the bottom-right, telling you to look at it. So therefore, the ones you missed will bring up that icon. So you can just do a speed-run (sort of) and use the guides to collect all.

Tyger7
05-24-2010, 01:35 AM

Collectors Edition - find all of the manuscript pages in the game including the ones in Nightmare mode

... Would it just be worthwhile deleting my save and starting a fresh game to get these achievements? Because it will be a pain trying to find the ones I have and haven't got now...

I'm thinking it'd be easier to start fresh and use the guide here on X360A to get these last 3 achievements but it wont affect my current achievements in anyway if I do that will it (silly question but dont want to end up losing them lol)

The manuscripts will still showing up, even if you've gotten them. If you delete your save, you'll find the thermos collectibles missing. It's attatched to your profile and I believe you would have to also clear your cache. Either way, you should at least save a backup to a memory card or USB!I think you could just run through the game again and find the therms find, they aren't that bad :) Just follow a guide

xhunterrrr
05-24-2010, 02:17 AM

You can never "lose" achievements.

DeceptiveJunk
05-24-2010, 05:52 AM
For the manuscripts, just cross-reference the ones in your list with the ones in Tyger7's guide. He lists the names of all the manuscripts and attaches a number to them that, when looking through his guide, allows you to see where you can get them.

As for the thermos', just play through the game and follow the guide. No point in deleting your save or cache because what if the 19 CTs you are missing are in the first three? If you just keep your save, you'll be done much sooner than starting over