PDA

View Full Version : 24 ends tomorrow....

Judivarious
05-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Series finale is tomorrow (Or tonight since it's 12:43 here [Monday]). Still kind of pisses me off, as my three favorite shows are Fringe, Heroes, and 24 being my number ONE.

Fringe is still alive, Heroes Season 4 was cancelled, and now 24 is ending.

I bet I'll be as pissed as I was when they ended King of the Hill to put on the garbage cartoon that is The Cleveland Show.

Thoughts? Feelings? Opinions?

BoBoMaster13
05-24-2010, 05:54 AM
Yeah, Lost ended yesterday and now 24 tonight. There is going to be no more good shows on TV soon.

DOOKH8R
05-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Series finale is tomorrow (Or tonight since it's 12:43 here [Monday]). Still kind of pisses me off, as my three favorite shows are Fringe, Heroes, and 24 being my number ONE.

Fringe is still alive, Heroes Season 4 was cancelled, and now 24 is ending.

I bet I'll be as pissed as I was when they ended King of the Hill to put on the garbage cartoon that is The Cleveland Show.

Thoughts? Feelings? Opinions?

Wait, Wait, hold the phone! If I understand correctly, you were still watching King of the Hill. I wondered who that was.

FFFreak1129
05-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Yeah, this is probably one of the only shows I watch on tv anymore. Will be kinda sad to see it go. I want to see what happens but then again I don't.

JoshYo 16
05-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Yeah, Lost ended yesterday and now 24 tonight. There is going to be no more good shows on TV soon.

I'm in this boat either way. Considering I've never heard of any of these shows, you can imagine we don't have the best digital cable providers up here in good ol' Maine. (Heard of lost, not a big fan though)

Most of the shows I like go off the air soon after I start watching them, then it's just the damn repeats. If they even give us that much.

There used to be a song out a long time ago about how there's 50 something channels and nothing to watch. I feel like that now only multiply fifty by 18.

HarperBird
05-24-2010, 08:53 PM
I know how you feel i watched and loved 24, Lost and Heroes and they have now all finished! This is a bad week for TV as so many epic shows are ending but True Blood in June so life is not that bad!

Iconoclast
05-24-2010, 10:12 PM
My heart is literally breaking over this. 24 is my favourite show; no ifs, ands, or buts. I don't care how many DUIs Kiefer has, he's still my favourite. I'm excited for the movies nonetheless, but it's definitely been depressing me since I heard it was getting canned. At least it had a good run, unlike other good shows that only lasted one season *cough*UNDERGRADS/FIREFLY*cough*

CatzRbad
05-25-2010, 01:07 AM
5 years to late imo

Dz06lt
05-25-2010, 01:14 AM
^yeah ok. Anyway its ending now :(

dakisbac
05-25-2010, 01:32 AM
bet I'll be as pissed as I was when they ended King of the Hill to put on the garbage cartoon that is The Cleveland Show.

So they replaced one garbage show with another garbage show. What's the big deal?

gameproforever
05-25-2010, 01:35 AM
never really watched the show due to the amount of people wondering whats going to happen...but when all the box sets are out i'll probably watch it from the beginning.

shadow sniper
05-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Stay tuned for the 24 movie!!!

Out of all the seasons I've seen of 24 this ending was the worst, and it was the last one. How the fuck can you end a t.v on a fucking cliffhanger?!?

Iconoclast
05-25-2010, 03:21 AM
How the fuck can you end a t.v on a fucking cliffhanger?!?

Have you ever seen 24? The entire show is one big cliffhanger >.<

Death Metal Jim
05-25-2010, 09:03 AM
I didn't think the series ender was great by any means, but it certainly wasn't bad. It was a hell of a lot better than the Lost ender, that's for sure. Not to mention this is leading into the movie, so the story still isn't "over" by any means.

Oh ya, and how awesome was it when Bauer ate off Pillar's ear Mike Tyson style? :eek:

Tussell
05-25-2010, 09:06 AM
So they replaced one garbage show with another garbage show. What's the big deal?
King of the Hill... Garbage... Does not compute!

King of the Hill is amazing!

How the fuck can you end a t.v on a fucking cliffhanger?!?
By ending it all with a movie... Durr... Did that not dawn on you?

McEng78
05-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Stay tuned for the 24 movie!!!

Out of all the seasons I've seen of 24 this ending was the worst, and it was the last one. How the fuck can you end a t.v on a fucking cliffhanger?!?

You know there's a 24 movie coming, right?

Anyway, I haven't watched last night's episode so I took a big chance coming into this forum. Glad I didn't read any spoilers. I had better not tempt fate by coming in here tomorrow if I don't get a chance to watch it tonight.

McE

Axe Argonian
05-25-2010, 08:25 PM
I really did enjoy the ending. It wrapped up the story quite nicely, and every villain had justice served to him/her.

I thought it was also quite nice that President Taylor confessed her sins at the conference. I thought she had passed the point of no return when she threatened to attack Dahlia's country.

shadow sniper
05-25-2010, 09:28 PM
You know there's a 24 movie coming, right?

Anyway, I haven't watched last night's episode so I took a big chance coming into this forum. Glad I didn't read any spoilers. I had better not tempt fate by coming in here tomorrow if I don't get a chance to watch it tonight.

McE

Well yea....that's why I said "Stay tuned for the 24 movie".

I guess I contradicted myself but I really don't care. Just mad that the show ended the way it did.

Dz06lt
05-26-2010, 01:25 AM
The movie has been planned for years now, which is why jack couldnt just die. Fox like ABC with lost, isnt ready to stop making money off this IP

Louis BCFC1875
05-26-2010, 01:37 AM
Ending wasn't the best but it was very emotional, i'm sad to see the show go, Smallville S9 ended last week and Chuck S3, BBT S3, and HIMYM S5 all ending on Monday along with 24, i wanted Jack to be killed off but i knew he wouldn't due to the movie, i believe the movie is set in Europe so that is where Jack fled.

Andrewsc1
05-29-2010, 07:26 PM
i wasnt sure how happy i was with the ending of 24. i know that they wanted to set it up for a movie, but still. it seemed to be lacking.

pts100
05-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Its a sad year for TV...but things have to move on or we would all still be watching the A Team and the Dukes of Hazzard.

24 was a great idea but the 24 hour timeline limited it and it has run it's course...how many more could they have made?? For me the 1st was superb and they have been going down hill ever since.

As for Lost...I had worked that out 3 years ago and although the last episodes were moving I was a little dissapointed.

My shout is the Unit why was that canned??? It bucked the trend by getting better as it went on.I miss this show more than all the others.

KeepEmRolling
05-31-2010, 08:00 PM
I really liked the ending to 24, also felt justice was served. One of my favorite things about this season was Jack's refusing to compromise in light of the downfall of the President.

Loved it when he gave Chloe her due with the shot of him looking into the camera...great in my opinion.

I thought The Unit was fantastic too, and was disappointed when it disappeared like that :(

Kennard96
05-31-2010, 09:34 PM
I really miss 24 already. Great TV show

emgin
05-31-2010, 10:46 PM
24s been awesome for 8 seasons it'll be sadly missed

oO Lilapause Oo
06-03-2010, 02:39 AM
24s been awesome... I love the end of it... I hope we can watch the movie soon.

SubG3nius
06-03-2010, 04:26 PM
How did I not know this forum existed here. Haha thats embarassing.

Well, a little bit late but I though this season of 24 had its ups and downs, but it ended so awesome, it's was epic.

I'm kinda hoping NBC or anyone else picks this up and continue somehow, even though it seems it wont happen.

DarkCreations
06-06-2010, 10:25 PM
24's only just ended in the UK on Sky1 now.

I agree that it was the worst series ending of them all, and it was really confusing why they ended the final episode on a cliffhanger, but i am hoping that it will be picked up in the movie.

Nonetheless it was still sad and a good episode :D

Now i gotta see what they'll replace it with, because i've lost my Lost and 24 time now. It'll have to be filled with the Xbox now i guess!

EDIT: I did like how they counted the final clock down, rather than into real time though

HarperBird
06-08-2010, 12:11 AM
So i finally got around to watch it and i say it was really gd was a bit sad but did any else find it a tad cheesy at the end or was that just me??

SynysterChris
06-23-2010, 08:55 AM
I just started watching 24 on Netflix they have an ass load of seasons. Season 1 is pretty good so far a little slow in the beginning but it sure has picked up.

Louis BCFC1875
06-23-2010, 11:05 AM
I just started watching 24 on Netflix they have an ass load of seasons. Season 1 is pretty good so far a little slow in the beginning but it sure has picked up. You have a long way to go my friend..

Darth Trom
07-20-2010, 03:20 AM
24... one of the best shows ever... best season ever was either season 1 or 3.

SynysterChris
07-20-2010, 03:42 AM
on season 3 right now and I must say when I put it on I can't stop watching it's really like a whole season kind of thing for me if I stop I kinda stop for a while so I just watch the season in one sitting.

Louis BCFC1875
07-20-2010, 10:44 AM
on season 3 right now and I must say when I put it on I can't stop watching it's really like a whole season kind of thing for me if I stop I kinda stop for a while so I just watch the season in one sitting. It's a cracking good show mate, 3 & 5 are probably my favourites.

Majica8
07-21-2010, 03:01 PM
I've got 5 episodes of season 8 left to watch. I'm dragging them out though becuase I don't want it to end lol.
Amazing tv show, shame it had to end, especially considering some of the crap that has been around longer than 24, that is still being made year after year even though it only gets worse and worse.

Still, the movie should be awesome :woop:

Atrum Kardia
07-22-2010, 03:45 AM
Damn i forgot all about 24, i used to love this show.

Majica8
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
I said "sod it" and watched the final episodes of Season 8 in one go just now.

:( Perfect end, emotional, amazing, I'm gonna miss it so much though.

I'll re-watch the whole lot again. It's good that each season is so full of stuff, and is so long, after spending a few weeks/months watching all 8 seasons you can go back to the start and it will seem fresh/new again.

Louis BCFC1875
07-23-2010, 02:21 AM
I said "sod it" and watched the final episodes of Season 8 in one go just now.

:( Perfect end, emotional, amazing, I'm gonna miss it so much though.

I'll re-watch the whole lot again. It's good that each season is so full of stuff, and is so long, after spending a few weeks/months watching all 8 seasons you can go back to the start and it will seem fresh/new again. Oh well chap, there's plenty of other great shows out there.

Majica8
07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Oh well chap, there's plenty of other great shows out there.
Yeah and they keep getting cancelled one by one, then being replaced with crap.

W IR A T IH
07-24-2010, 06:21 AM
I love Fringe too and i will be extremely disappointed if it gets cancelled for some garbage show.

SubG3nius
07-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Kiefer Sutherland is here in Sweden, in a town near me, filming a new movie, that's pretty awesome, not often they shoot movies here, and not often we get big movie stars over here either.