PDA

View Full Version : Children of the Elder God

Russia Black
05-24-2010, 03:55 PM
YouTube- Alan Wake Soundtrack: Old Gods Of Asgard - Children of the Elder God

I love this song when you on the stage battling all the Taken lol. Does anyone else feel the same?

Justin Case
05-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah man.

It made the fight more intense for me.

TommyGun81
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Just did this 10 minutes ago to make it 1000GS for this game!!! Best videogame moment ever imo!!!

Russia Black
05-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah I just love the way youve got this wicked song blasting with all the fire works going off and all the flasing lights. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

oDrPepper
05-24-2010, 04:17 PM
I really enjoyed the song, possibly more than the stage battle itself. Some of the songs on this game are actually really good.

Russia Black
05-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I really enjoyed the song, possibly more than the stage battle itself. Some of the songs on this game are actually really good.

Yeah the game does have a good sound track and I like the way that they've given you the options to actually play the songs whenever you want. The songs at the episodes especially fit in with the games mood I find.

Frost FI
05-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Poets of the Fall again? Remedy seems to love this band a lot. It's seem to become a tradition to add some Poets of the Fall in every Remedy game.

Cmon, I'm a Finn, but I don't like this band. 70-80's theme? Should have played Paranoid during that scene!

Awesome Tree
05-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know if there's anywhere official to download/buy this? It wasn't on the OST with the limited edition.

Archvile78
05-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Am i the only one who felt the singer sounded like Ozzy during the entire song, when compared to War in episode 6.

Nero Mystyraa
05-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Am i the only one who felt the singer sounded like Ozzy during the entire song, when compared to War in episode 6. Yeah i got the same feeling too lol. I thought it was Ozzy at first. Sounds so much like him

Russia Black
05-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Poets of the Fall again? Remedy seems to love this band a lot. It's seem to become a tradition to add some Poets of the Fall in every Remedy game.

Cmon, I'm a Finn, but I don't like this band. 70-80's theme? Should have played Paranoid during that scene!

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they got there debut in one of the Max Payne games and they got pretty big after the one song. I'd never actually heard of them untill I played this though and I checked out some of there other songs and I'm not that fond of them.

Nah not Paranoid I reckon a bit of Crazy Train would've gone down better. Imagine being on the stage and then all of a sudden you just hear "ALL ABOARD" and then Ozzy laughing and some of the fireworks go off.

Am i the only one who felt the singer sounded like Ozzy during the entire song, when compared to War in episode 6.

Yeah my girlfriend mentioned this last night and I have to agree that it does sound like him. If you listen to any of the other songs by the band the singer sounds completely different.

nel e nel
05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Just did this 10 minutes ago to make it 1000GS for this game!!! Best videogame moment ever imo!!!

Right up there with Left 4 Dead 2 Dark Carnival escape sequence!

Xylon Uxkid
05-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Like some of you said, this part was awesome. I really enjoyed it even though I died a few times.

ZOMBINOX
05-26-2010, 08:47 PM
I love the soundtrack and I'm glad I bought the Collectors Edition because it came with the soundtrack. My sons ask me to put it on in the car! (My son's are 10 and 12 and love the game/soundtrack too!)

Volzagia
05-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Awesome song, Glad I got the achievement for not getting hurt too bad on my first try, On hard too :p

I X I Shock I
05-27-2010, 04:05 AM
I agree, one of my favorite game moments! Are they an actual band or just a song made for the game?

Pearson
05-27-2010, 05:30 AM
I agree, one of my favorite game moments! Are they an actual band or just a song made for the game? Yes they're a real band and their name is "Poets of the Fall" and they have a song called "War" in the game as well. This song is actually under their real name.

For the record, I love the song too and I keep listening to it way too much! :biglaugh

Awesome Tree
05-27-2010, 06:47 AM
Does anyone know if there's anywhere official to download/buy this? It wasn't on the OST with the limited edition. Anyone know where I can find it?

Roberoo
05-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Loved this scene in the game, the music really added to it too.

I have to say, when you find the radio that plays 'War', the fight that kicks off a few seconds later was fantastic with that on in the background. Demonstration that a licensed soundtrack can be effective in a non-rhythm action game.

samjustsam
05-28-2010, 01:22 AM
i havent gotten to that part yet. just started it last night. im a bit dissapointed in it so far but i have heard most of the games music and its very good. the music of the game is the best thing about it atm for me imo.

HaloTitan
05-28-2010, 02:45 AM
Great song. I tell you what, Remedy made this stage fight scene a lot more fun that L4D2's stage fight. Better song too. I really do enjoy the Poets of the Fall (Old Gods).