PDA

View Full Version : when grinding for kills....

IPI2ODiiGY
05-24-2010, 05:48 PM
i know that you can reload checkpoints when your trying to get your 1000 bird kills but does the same apply when your trying to get all your other kill chieves and your weapon kills? can you just reload any chapter or checkpoint and continue to rinse and repeat or do you have to get it straight away.

oh and also do i have to wait to complete the chapter before i reload or wait for it to checkpoint or can i reload right after killing..,

Nlkuysdf
05-24-2010, 07:04 PM
You can do the same for the weapon kills, but to be completely honest, I didnt try to get a certain amount with any weapon and I have all achievements except the bird one. I'm on chapter 6 and only need 50 more birds. So I would say just play the game on normal and you should unlock the achievements without trying.

Ardocc
05-24-2010, 08:21 PM
You can do the same for the weapon kills, but to be completely honest, I didnt try to get a certain amount with any weapon and I have all achievements except the bird one. I'm on chapter 6 and only need 50 more birds. So I would say just play the game on normal and you should unlock the achievements without trying.

I second that. There's enough fiends in the game to get all those kill-related achievements.

If not, just load up any episode when you finish the game and grind what you have left from there.

Archvile78
05-24-2010, 08:43 PM
You shouldn't grind, just the Normal and Nightmare playthrough will get you the kills achievements. Thats a good thing that your progress carries from one game to another.

AwareTheLegend
05-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Ya its pretty easy to get the weapon achieves. I almost have them all and I am in Episode 4 on my first playthrough

IPI2ODiiGY
05-24-2010, 09:40 PM
yea you really wouldnt need to grind but i did anyways so to answer my own questions yes you can kill then reload your checkpoint and the kills stay. i just got the 1000 birds one by reloading the checkpoint at the end of chapter 2. took me only about 15 min to get all 1000 kills

bwfcskillsinhd
05-24-2010, 10:29 PM
yep weapon/kill acheivements a piece of cake.plodding through on normal 1st & got em all by chapter 4.whenever you get chance 2 kill more than 3 or 4 taken at a time with a newly aquired weapon dispatch them then just rinse & repeat checkpoint.in truth you could probably finish the game & get most of em.not sure about the collectables though after reloading checkpoints flasks & manuscrips respawn?

neil_lien
05-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Definitely don't need to grind. I got the 1000 bird achievement in the first play through, and close to 2000 after nightmare. I had all the weapon and kill achievements well in advance.

IPI2ODiiGY
05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
yea you def. dont need to grind but if your someone like me who gets bored very quickly with games, its best to get as many chievements as possible just incase i dont play through the whole game.

Nlkuysdf
05-25-2010, 02:06 AM
yea you def. dont need to grind but if your someone like me who gets bored very quickly with games, its best to get as many chievements as possible just incase i dont play through the whole game.

Wait, did you just answer your own question? Nice!!! :p