PDA

View Full Version : Will DOOM Ⅱ Get Banned In Germany?

AshleyBazSivorn
05-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Will DOOM Ⅱ Get Banned In Germany Or Will They Remove The Secret Maps Wolfenstein & Grosse From The Whole Game? I Hope They Don't Remove Them But From I've Seen On The DOOM Ⅱ Leaderboards These Levels Have Been Kept In :)

The Droog
05-25-2010, 04:45 PM
It will be banned - the USK refuse to rate the game therefore it won't be released in Germany.

As an aside, I'm amazed this and the original Doom are still banned by the USK considering the age of the game but I hadn't considered how the secret levels could affect the rating...

GILLHUHN
05-25-2010, 09:07 PM
The secret levels contained nazi related symbols and the like didn't they and as far as i know nazi related stuff is illegal in Germany.

Jet1337
05-26-2010, 01:11 AM
What they'll most likely do is censor the swastikas and SS soldiers or they'll take out those levels.

The Droog
05-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Believe me, it won't come out in the German marketplace, I guarantee it. ;)

Jet1337
05-26-2010, 09:32 AM
They released Wolfenstein in Germany, but they replaced the dogs with rats and the nazi's. They also released the recent Wolfenstein over there and censored the swastikas.

Do some research.

DeadMarinesSociety
05-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Will DOOM Ⅱ Get Banned In Germany Or Will They Remove The Secret Maps Wolfenstein & Grosse From The Whole Game?

It IS "banned" in germany. They do not use to "ban" it again. And removing the secret maps won't help. Even the german release of Doom II, which misses both maps, is "banned".

They released Wolfenstein in Germany, but they replaced the dogs with rats and the nazi's. They also released the recent Wolfenstein over there and censored the swastikas.

Do some research.

So you should do. The Wolfenstein game, you talk about is the snes port of Wolfenstein 3-D, there is no german version of this game.

evileric666
05-26-2010, 05:00 PM
No its not coming out here, thanks to the USK :(

i missed the first one because i was to slow and ms put an ip ban on it

but i get doom 2 with my austria account today:woop:

cant wait to get my hands on the bfg :uzi:

Evil Dobermann
05-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Dudes, just set up a VPN tunnel and connect with your xbox. Pretty easy way to download all banned stuff in germany with your US/UK/Austrian/whatever account. You just have to pay for the VPN-distributor once in a month. This way you can download within one month all the stuff you want to. Doom I, II, Wolfenstein, Gears Of War Maps, Dead Rising Stuff, Condemned stuff, ...

Judivarious
05-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Dudes, just set up a VPN tunnel and connect with your xbox. Pretty easy way to download all banned stuff in germany with your US/UK/Austrian/whatever account. You just have to pay for the VPN-distributor once in a month. This way you can download within one month all the stuff you want to. Doom I, II, Wolfenstein, Gears Of War Maps, Dead Rising Stuff, Condemned stuff, ...

Sounds like an also pretty easy way to get yourself in trouble with the law......of..Germany...

Yeah....

Evil Dobermann
05-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Why would you? I don't know any law against using a VPN tunnel for private reason. :)

evileric666
05-27-2010, 06:05 AM
@ Evil Dobermann:

Can you explain me how its done or link a tutorial?

DeadMarinesSociety
05-27-2010, 08:12 AM
@ Evil Dobermann:

Can you explain me how its done or link a tutorial?

You need a Tutorial? (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xbox+live+vpn+tutorial)

Kn0kkelmann
05-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Sounds like an also pretty easy way to get yourself in trouble with the law......of..Germany...

Yeah....
That´s nonsens.
The only thing that could happen is BIG MS is gonna spank your cheeks.
But our "law" has more to do than rip some poor gamers apart. And even Microsoft is more watching those pesky modders.
I have downloaded the first Doom, yesterday Doom 2 (even without an IP-Lock), Duke Nukem 3D, and some GOW stuff. And most of it all with a VPN (even a free one, where you but have 2 pay for some low speed). Nothing ever happend. I´m over 18 and legit to buy anything....but sometimes with my camo coat- :D

Rage66
05-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Our Rating System is different from Australia, a game isn't Banned because it's not Rated or Refused. There is a Index for Harmful Media for Childs/Youth. Games without a Rating usually get Indexed... Games with an Rating can't get Indexed.Indexed means thats it's forbidden to sell the Media to Persons under 18 or sell it in Stores where Persons under 18 have Admission but you can still Ship the Games from other Countries or buy them in some Gamestores with your ID.
There are 2 Indexes. Index A for Harmful Media & Index B for Strong Harmful Media. Some Index B Games gets Banned / Seized which means that it's completely forbidden to Sell them in Germany but you're still allowed to own them. Banned Xbox 360 Games in Germany ( Left 4 Dead 2 , Wolfenstein, Condemned 1+2 , Dead Rising , SoF Payback)

Doom II was never Released in Germany and it's on Index A since 1995 it's NOT BANNED.

oh and btw I know my English is BAd :-(

Evil Dobermann
05-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Anyways, good explanation. But I think it's hard for Non-germans to understand the german rating system including it's index and stuff. I would rather laugh about the germans than trying to understand their rating/banning policy.

@evileric666
If you don't allready have a tut, here is a link:

http://xblf.de/news/zugriff-auf-jeden-xbox-live-marktplatz/

In this tut it is explained with a swiss VPN-distributor that you have to pay for. (but you can choose any vpn-distributor you want) Just make sure:

Swiss VPN - swiss live account
Austrian VPN - austrian live account

One thing that I am still pissed about it that they changed the swastika in Doom 1 E1M4 for absolutely no reason. The game got "indexed" here anyways. :mad:

Rage66
05-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah i know it's Ridiculous but to be Honest I don't give a Shit as long as i can get my Games ;-).

evileric666
05-27-2010, 04:09 PM
@ Rage66: you forgot mortal kombat and manhunt, they are also banned.

@ Evil Dobermann: thanks man, i give it a try at weekend.

Yeah no one says a think about alcohol or sexuell content, but when a head explodes you can be sure that it wont come out or is only a cut release. f*** this country :(

F Swan
05-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Wasn't Resident Evil 2 banned as well? I remember when I sold my Gamecube version I had many messages asking about it from German buyers.

DeadMarinesSociety
05-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Doom II was never Released in Germany and it's on Index A since 1995 it's NOT BANNED.

This is actually wrong. CDV released the german version of Doom II (that infamous v1.666 with the secret maps missing) in 1994.

Rage66
05-29-2010, 11:00 AM
@ Rage66: you forgot mortal kombat and manhunt, they are also banned.

Das sind aber keine Xbox360 Spiele ;-)

@DeadMarinesSociety

You're Right lol. I bought my Copy on a Flea Market including both Secret Levels never saw the German Version of Doom II but it's also Indexed.

@F Swan

Resident Evil 2 is Indexed not Banned.

As far as I Remember the Ps1 Version was Indexed after that Capcom Released a Censored Version but it was also Indexed . Maybe the GC Version was Never Released here i don't know.

Domme
05-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Maybe the GC Version was Never Released here i don't know.
Nein, die Gamecube Version wurde hierzulande nicht veröffentlicht, da inhaltsgleich mit der schon indizierten PSX Version.

No, the Gamecube version hasn't been released in Germany, because it's content was the same as the 'indexed' PSX version.