Shriek VS Scary Movie  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Shriek VS Scary Movie

• Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday The 13th
    • Scary Movie

Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday The 13th

VS

Scary Movie (Not the sequels)

They're both classic parodies of the horror genre. There have been others, however, these two are easily the top two contenders. As much as I'd like to put Club Dread on the list, I don't feel like I can.

Which one do you prefer and why?

I have to say that Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday The 13th is by far superior. To me, it's the Airplane! of horror parodies. Which is weird, considering the people who worked on Airplane! worked on some of the Scary Movies.

I just hate the way Scary Movie spawned shitty sequels. After the first two it was just ass, though the first two were great. I enjoyed the second one much more than the first.

Edited by Tussell

I pissed myself laughing so hard at scary movie. By far my favorite parodies ever. When the camera hit the girl in the head, I couldn't stop laughing, because in Scream I always thought that was going to happen. Scary movie two was fantastic great cast, great parodies.

I was outraged that Scary movie 3 was ever created. ( besides the part the ugly bitch with the chainsaw cuts the support beam and it falls on her.)

If we're talking about the first, and only the first Scary Movie film, then it takes the cake for me. I agree that each of its sequels were terribad, but there's a special place in my heart for the original. I even remember the first time I watched it, I think it was back in grade 7 (after it had been out for awhile, I think) and I couldn't stop laughing. To this day, I'll watch it on TV if I see it on the guide while I'm trying to decide what to watch.

But if you're talking about the entire Scary Movie series, then absolutely not. They went downhill after the first...I think watching Scary Movie 4 actually made me dumber >.<

as ridiculous as this sounds.... it's all about the Wayans brothers.

take them out of the films and your left with Anna Farris and the Regina Hall... both of which arent that great.

of course how ever the 3rd and 4th did bring in Leslie Nielson who is a bit of a legend, unfortunatly not good enough to save the films from sucking ballbags.

Hmmm... i thought about watching shriek on Netflix.... but the reviews were horrible... but since Tussel says it's the airplane of horror comedy.. i have to check it out. Plus it has the chick who played Rita in dexter... so now i really feel like checking it out.

Trust me, you can't go wrong with Shriek. I mean, maybe it's just because I saw the movie right when it hit DVD and have been watching it ever since.