PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect Film Coming...

XxBlueSpade2xX
05-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Ain't it Cool News reported that the movie rights were bought by Legendary Pictures. I hope they do it right, it could make a hell of a film trilogy IMO.

Here's the link to the full story:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45231

elephantd
05-25-2010, 07:50 AM
I hope Shepred's charater is done right.

Iconoclast
05-25-2010, 01:00 PM
I could live without another needless game-to-movie adaptation.

Genesis x360a
05-25-2010, 01:14 PM
If its done right it could turn into a really good film. I think Mathew Fox (Jack from LOST) would make a pretty good Shepard.

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/lost-jack-poster.jpg

Gorilla Stomper
05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
This could go one of two ways.

1. Absolutely-positively-amazing.
2. Apocalyptically-disastrous.

b3nnyth3gr33k
05-25-2010, 03:45 PM
well by the films theyve already done are A* so this hopefully will follow
Batman Begins
Dark Knight
Watchmen
hope is all we can do

Burning Karma
05-25-2010, 05:24 PM
If its done right it could turn into a really good film. I think Mathew Fox (Jack from LOST) would make a pretty good Shepard.

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/lost-jack-poster.jpg
I second this. As some commenter on Kotaku said, "Matthew Fox = Jack Shephard= Commander Shepard". Hell, I even named my Commander Shepard as Jack to setup a Lost reference. :D

Sambuca Queen
05-25-2010, 07:18 PM
http://images.askmen.com/galleries/men/dominic-purcell/pictures/dominic-purcell-picture-1.jpg

Dominic Purcell (Prison Break) reminds me ALOT of Shephard. Hope they do the series justice, such amazing games.

leprcaun slayer
05-25-2010, 11:17 PM
http://images.askmen.com/galleries/men/dominic-purcell/pictures/dominic-purcell-picture-1.jpg

Dominic Purcell (Prison Break) reminds me ALOT of Shephard. Hope they do the series justice, such amazing games.

Matthew Fox looks like alot more like unaltered Shepard imo.

elephantd
05-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Meh I want Matt Damon, he always brings great acting skills and is not new to action flicks. Maybe it's because I'm the only person who likes Green Zone.

Falcroe
05-26-2010, 02:23 AM
I love the Mass Effect games, but somehow I doubt they willl pull this off. What makes those games amazing is the amount of depth and detail to the characters/universe they made. I don't see how this could be cut down to a 2 hour movie, even if they make a trilogy from it. However, I'm such a freak for Mass Effect that they already have my money on this and I'll probably like it even if it has only one solid action/special effects scene. I guess the best way to go about it is to know that it can't out do the games.

SynysterChris
05-26-2010, 10:23 AM
It will just end up a Star Wars like movie but probably without the somewhat good story, though Micheal Bay will direct and shit will blow up in SPACE!!!!

Iconoclast
05-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Meh I want Matt Damon

Sigh, Team America ruined Matt Damon for me; I like him as an actor, but to this day I can't hear or read his name without laughing.

X monkfish69 X
05-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Hmmm... A Mass Effect film ? Could be good, but would they base it on the game or would it be a standalone story ? I'm sure there is a good film to be had out of the game, but there would be so much to try and cram in unless they did it as a two-parter...

Not sure who I would cast as Sheperd though. How about Christian Bale ? He can turn his hand to pretty much any role that is given to him.

J O 12 D
05-26-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm all for this but can't see how it'll work as the game is based really on the different paths you can take in what you say and its far too long to squeeze into 2 hours.

Matthew Fox is definitely the man for this though!

X monkfish69 X
05-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Why is everyone saying Mathew Fox is the right person for the role ? He's an OK actor, but I'm sure there are better actors out there that could fit the role just as well. If it's cause of the looks, then other people could be considered surely as you can change your character's looks at the start of the game IIRC..... ?

bapae
05-26-2010, 05:39 PM
I hope this movie turns out good if they ruin such a good story line ill be pissed.

SynysterChris
05-27-2010, 04:36 AM
Hmmm... A Mass Effect film ? Could be good, but would they base it on the game or would it be a standalone story ? I'm sure there is a good film to be had out of the game, but there would be so much to try and cram in unless they did it as a two-parter...

Not sure who I would cast as Sheperd though. How about Christian Bale ? He can turn his hand to pretty much any role that is given to him.

Bale is an awesome actor, But I don't think he would be right for this role. I would have Bruce Willis maybe 30 years ago. Only because he portrays that kinda of bad-ass Shepard was. Though I would prefer a unknown, usually those are always best.

elephantd
05-27-2010, 05:26 AM
Sigh, Team America ruined Matt Damon for me; I like him as an actor, but to this day I can't hear or read his name without laughing.

Yeah I was the same until a certain scene in Green Zone. He knocked the whole MATTT DAMON right out of my head.

Iconoclast
05-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Yeah I was the same until a certain scene in Green Zone. He knocked the whole MATTT DAMON right out of my head.

I've never even heard of that movie...maybe I'll give it a shot though, because I loved him in the Bourne movies :)

domn8rdom
05-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Wow I totally had forgotten about Team America till Iconoclast brought it back up. Thanks :p

YouTube- Matt Damon in Team America

Iconoclast
05-27-2010, 01:20 PM
wow i totally had forgotten about team america till iconoclast brought it back up. Thanks :p

Maatt Daamonn!

Volzagia
05-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Hopefully it wont be awful like every other movie of a game. Our chances arent very good though :(

X monkfish69 X
05-27-2010, 09:43 PM
It has potential seeing as Uwe Boll(ocks) doesn't have his mitts on it !

Andy Shandy
06-01-2010, 04:04 AM
And now let the endless speculation begin!

This could be the film to break the stigma of crap game-to-film adaptations, IF done correctly...

Not sure who would play the characters, although Keith David, the guy that plays Captain Anderson if I remember rightly, NEEDS to stay as Captain Anderson...and I wouldn't mind Jennifer Morrison as Ashley as each sort of reminds me of the other

SynysterChris
06-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Really what it comes down to is sticking with the game's storyline. This is why adaptions fail, they change too much of the original source material and that never ends well.

Something like Mass Effect we have the technology to make look good, at least Star Wars quality in terms of effects. Which I can see working quite well for a live action film of the game. Now lets hope it at lest turns out decent.

Muffin the Holy
06-01-2010, 07:30 PM
The Mass Effect storyline could work in episodic format, such as Star Wars is. The only difficulty in this would be ending each movie so that it gives a sense of accomplisment. Like in Star Wars, each movie has the proper climax and resolution, but still retaining the feeling that the story is far from finished.

SynysterChris
06-01-2010, 07:49 PM
The Mass Effect storyline could work in episodic format, such as Star Wars is. The only difficulty in this would be ending each movie so that it gives a sense of accomplisment. Like in Star Wars, each movie has the proper climax and resolution, but still retaining the feeling that the story is far from finished.

The game does that. Just keep it the same its like I said keep the source material don't change it. Mass Effect 1 left on that you stopped sovern and Saren. But there is still the Reaper threat that is still coming. So you accomplished one part in a greater series of tasks. And that's where the second one comes in and ends in the same fashion, and Like how the third will.

Muffin the Holy
06-02-2010, 01:01 PM
The game does that. Just keep it the same its like I said keep the source material don't change it. Mass Effect 1 left on that you stopped sovern and Saren. But there is still the Reaper threat that is still coming. So you accomplished one part in a greater series of tasks. And that's where the second one comes in and ends in the same fashion, and Like how the third will.

I guess you're right. It just seems nearly impossible to fit the entire mythos of the game into a movie and make it so a general audience can understand the who, what, where, when, and why.

Sambuca Queen
06-03-2010, 10:34 AM

GGOD GOD NO! That guy ruined Batman and Terminator. Seriously, that guy better not go near ME:uzi::uzi::uzi:

Ozbaab
06-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Hmm I wonder how this will be. Pushing the whole story into a single film..
Looking forward to this and the Gears of War movie :o

rvlution
06-03-2010, 04:11 PM
It's really not needed. I hope this doesn't happen.

Led
06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Ain't it Cool News reported that the movie rights were bought by Legendary Pictures. I hope they do it right, it could make a hell of a film trilogy IMO.

Here's the link to the full story:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45231

Excellent! I think it would make a great movie!