PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lightspeed Fighter and the roadmap...

Cohh
05-25-2010, 01:02 PM
The road map above says, for the first play-through (going for Ligthspeed fighter) :

" However, to enable gardening and more efficient gardening, you must complete 2 quests, so do quests "Shopping List" and "A Return to Shopping" given from the Village's florist ASAP because they can be missed later in the story!"

Does this have to be done for the later play-throughs to have the gardening ability? Is this only to go for the gardening achievement on the first playthrough, or are completing these quests vital to getting them in later playthroughs?

Also, is there a a good list anywhere about when you should be where for the Lightspeed Fighter? Like, after beating X boss your playtime shouldn't be more than X. I want to watch as many cut scenes as I can in the first playthrough, but I'm going to skip the ones that I can and want to make sure I make the time. Thanks in advance.

Vacik Dris
05-25-2010, 02:59 PM
The road map above says, for the first play-through (going for Ligthspeed fighter) :

Also, is there a a good list anywhere about when you should be where for the Lightspeed Fighter? Like, after beating X boss your playtime shouldn't be more than X. I want to watch as many cut scenes as I can in the first playthrough, but I'm going to skip the ones that I can and want to make sure I make the time. Thanks in advance.

I was at the Haunted Mansion (where you meet Emil for the first time) at 8 1/2 hours, skipped every cutscene after that point and finished with a time of 13:58. Hope that helps to some extent. Also, I was level 27 by the time I beat the game the first time.

ozgoon56
05-27-2010, 03:11 AM
I was at the Haunted Mansion (where you meet Emil for the first time) at 8 1/2 hours, skipped every cutscene after that point and finished with a time of 13:58. Hope that helps to some extent. Also, I was level 27 by the time I beat the game the first time.

I gave up on the roadmap method when I realised half way through that I just wasn't having fun and enjoying the game the way I really wanted to. So I started a brand new game and I'm watching all the cut scenes, messing around a lot, laughing my way through Weiss-y's dialogue and generally having lots of fun with the game.

However, I kept my save at 9hrs 7 mins to complete the fist half, so it sounds as though I'm still in with a chance of the 15 hours if I decide to try it again later, so thanks for that Vacik Dris. I think I was at just over 7.5 hours when I finished Haunted Manor, but it took me 1.5 hours to finish all the boss battles at the end of the first half! As a fairly average gamer I also think I'll have a much better shot at it after I've played through the second half and know what's coming.

I X I Shock I
05-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Honestly, best bet for the Lightspeed Fighter, is to go through the game, do everything for the first playthrough (and then ending A-D) and then make a new game, and just rush through it, and not have to worry about anything else. Plus, that way you don't have to miss any of the story.

But as for where you should be, at the ending of the first half (when you gain the ability to use two handed weapons and spears) you should be at 8-9 hours. If you're over 10, then you might have trouble.

ozgoon56
06-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Just to update the state of my lightspeed run in case it helps anybody on timings. I finished a fun run to the 1st ending and decided to reload my speed save and give it a try. From 9 hours to the first save point of the 2nd half I made it to the shadow lords castle doors in 12.5 hours by skipping past everything that didn't have to be fought or watched. 2.5 hours to run through the castle should give me plenty of time, heck I have time to do some levelling in the Shrine first if I want to make it a bit easier. :)

One comment I would make is that I got the Aerie boss a bit too early, Popola gave me that before the Junkyard 2nd part and Facade and the big battle was giving me a lot of grief. Fortunately I was able to reload a save and get both of those before the Aerie and the extra levels made that boss a whole lot easier. Every level gain in this game seems to make a big, big difference to the tougher fights.

One annoying aspect of making a speed run is the lack of any pause function. Even when you bring up the xbox dashboard blades the darn timer keeps running. I had to get to a save point every time I needed to go do something else and reload when I came back.

Edit: got it at 13hrs 15 mins and I even got a boss battle achievement as well! :woop: So that was 9hrs+ for the first half with some messing around and extra levelling then 4hrs+ for the 2nd half skipping everything. Final sequence through the castle took about 45 minutes starting at level 23.

Pixi
06-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Good to know. I freed Kaine from her petrification in just under five hours. That should give me ample time to finish the game in time. =)

Cohh
06-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Results of my speed run:

Game time: 9 1/2 hours
Quests completed: No sidequests completed except gardening and Boar riding
Difficulty: Easy
Story: Watched all cutscenes (I didn't skip any of them)

As long as you keep heading towards the red X at all times, it was cake. Enjoying my Kaine playthrough much better, however :p