PDA

View Full Version : Jonah Hex

leprcaun slayer
05-25-2010, 11:21 PM
I have to say the moment i saw this trailer there was only one thing on my mind.....

God Damn them for ruining Jonah Hex. As an avid comic book reader, one of my favorites has been Jonah Hex. Now this movie is making it into a mockery. Twin Gatling guns? Magical Jonah? An Un-scarred female companion?
Are people who don't read the comics even remotely excited about this?

BrianT
05-26-2010, 12:23 AM
I read comics but I've never read Jonah Hex and I am in no way excited about this movie. It will probably rank up there with Spiderman 3 as one of the most terrible of all time. I won't put it in the same catagory as the Joel Schumacher Batman films b/c they are on a completely different level of suck.

elephantd
05-26-2010, 12:29 AM
never read the comics, but not knowing what the comics were like Johnah Hex looks awesome.
" what happened to your face?" *Gunshot* "Cut myself shavin, yours?"

lmao win.

KFZ Scrubs
05-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Lol, do you ever expect the movie buisness to do anything justice? 1/10 times maybe.... but recently no.

X monkfish69 X
05-26-2010, 03:52 PM
I've heard of Jonah Hex, but never had the inclination to find out what it's all about. I'll go away and look up what it's about and also view the trailer. But like Scrubs said, the film probably won't do the comic justice....

EDIT: Just looked up the character on Wiki and he sounds Ok, but just looked at the trailer and I think that this doesn't look as dark as the comic book might be... Oh well, just another notch on the comic-book-to-film bedpost.

Pentexrx8
05-26-2010, 04:29 PM
One thing's for sure, Megan Fox's toe thumbs would help her work the action of those old fashioned six shooters pretty damn fast.

This movie looks pretty bad, and I never read a Jonah Hex comic in my life

ApochWeiss
05-29-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm considering going to see it. I didn't like the comics too much, so I guess we'll see.

Chronosfish
05-31-2010, 03:40 AM
Never had the chance to read the comic, but the movie defiantly seems interesting. A little over the top though.

Was it the same way in the comic?