PDA

View Full Version : True Blood in June

KidDivinegon
05-26-2010, 01:33 AM
So I don't know if anyone is really as psyched as I am about this, but with season 2 just coming out on DVD today and season 3 premiering in June I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the series.

I think it's a great show, definately a breath of fresh air from this Twilight crap that's flooded the pop culture waves lately.

GR1MNIR
05-26-2010, 08:34 AM
I wasn't interested in it at all when I first heard about it. Thinking it was going to be something akin to Twilight. While watching the first episode and noticing how raunchy the credits where, I became intrigued, and then fell in love with the show. I'm actually watching season 2 right now, and I'm stoked for season 3.

domn8rdom
05-27-2010, 06:35 AM
Ya I feel like I have been waiting for the new season forever. This show is what vampires should be like and not that Twilight bullshit.

Iconoclast
05-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I watched a few episodes here and there (not in order, mind you) and just couldn't get into it. I never really jumped on the whole vampire wagon...the only vampire movies I can recall to date that I've enjoyed are Van Helsing and Underworld (there may be a few others).

Oh, Blade wasn't terrible...and Daybreakers wasn't complete garbage, although I expected it to be a lot better than it was based on the previews.

Plus I don't really like the main actress in the show...I remember when she was on Degrassi and I never liked her on that show, either.

milecoupe
05-27-2010, 06:41 PM
I watched afew of them and thought they were stupid pretty much but if you jump in without knowing anything then it most likely will be.

My friend said he'd give me 10$ if i did'nt like it if i watched the first season with him so i got the money but it did get me hooked so now waiting for season 3 to start sadly.

CodSteaks
05-28-2010, 03:30 PM
My wife and I really loved the first season of this show. I didn't know the second season was out until I saw this post, and I immediately added it to our Netflix queue. Almost makes me wish we had premium cable so we could see the third season, but not quite ;)

I recently started reading the first book in the series, too. It's definitely more mild than the show. Her best friend and the gay cook aren't in it as far as I can tell. Overall it seems like the show is a raunchier version of the book, but the book is still good so far.

KidDivinegon
05-28-2010, 10:27 PM
they really darkened the show from the book series. Lafayette (the gay cook) had a very small role in the books and so did Tara (the best friend).
Alan Ball was only going to keep them on the show for a little bit then get rid of them, but they became popular with viewers and he kept the two of them

Season 2 really separated from the books by quite a bit, but the general storyline is still there.

KSizzle
05-29-2010, 12:34 PM
I really enjoy this show. It is something different from what I normally watch.

When I first heard about it, I thought it would be pretty lame. It seemed like it would be something like Twilight (watched about 20 mins of that movie and turned the channel...yes, I gave it a shot) but I was wrong! Massive amounts of violence, nudity, drug use and gore. I have become hooked on this show.

It was on my HBO on Demand awhile back and I started from the pilot and have caught up now on every ep. I recently bought the season 1&2 dvds. I can't wait until the new season because the previous season ended with quite a cliffhanger! I also really like the theme song at the beginning credits. Great show imo...

Purge
05-29-2010, 12:52 PM
I can't wait to see the new season, apparently it has werewolves which should be interesting. It's definitely some fresh air from the twilight-fang-fever everyone has recently.

Genesis x360a
05-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Personally i cant wait for this :D Love True Blood. The only downside is i live on the UK so ill have to watch it online :p The series does stray a little from the books but the backbone from the books is in the series so its all good.

Spoilers.....

Cant wait to find out who has kidnapped Bill and who wants Lafayette so turn into a full Vampire?? I think it would awesome :p Also Godric is supose to turn in one form or another this series cant wait to see how :D Im guessing in a dream of Erics or something.

ZenTellah
05-31-2010, 04:15 PM
My wife loves this show. The only character I liked was Godric and they killed him. The story on this show can best be described as....meandering, I think. It never seems to have a destination in mind.

milecoupe
05-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Cant wait to find out who has kidnapped Bill.

Would'nt that be eric as the queen tells him to take care of bill because he found out they were dealing v and then that happened.