PDA

View Full Version : Split Second 2?

Vindicator51
05-26-2010, 12:09 PM
What do you think could be done with another game? Personally i think some more variety in locations would be nice, but that probably wouldn't be enough for another game.

Lozia
05-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Some more options for Quick Play and Online would be nice. I.e, more game modes online and the ability to change settings in Quick Play such as number of laps etc etc

Vindicator51
05-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Those ideas are pretty good as well, perhaps they will include something like that.

demi
05-26-2010, 05:03 PM
The ability to trigger a trap after you pass it to cut off pursuers

xhunterrrr
05-26-2010, 08:02 PM
No rubberbanding. Plain and simple.

EDIT: Being "invincible" for a few seconds after spawning. I am getting tired of getting rammed off the track or into a crash as soon as I spawn after a crash. If other cars just drove through you for a few seconds after a spawn, it would be SO much better.

EDIT2: No more of those damn slow motion shots when they move the camera away from your car to look at a wreck. It has caused me to wreck more than once.

NeonInVermont
05-26-2010, 08:19 PM
The 2 post above me NEED TO BE DONE

InflamedPigeon
05-26-2010, 08:25 PM
i think the option to use your power bars for boost would be good, but could make it impossible to catch someone that breaks away if the pack is hitting each other with power plays.

ability to make your own routes in the set invironment and chose which power plays ar active would be sweet

Ramon4815162342
05-26-2010, 10:54 PM
The ability to trigger a trap after you pass it to cut off pursuers

That would kinda destroy the whole concept of the game. It should be a challenge to be first but a skill to stay first.

inmuse
05-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Haven't finished the game yet, but here's my thoughts:

1) Fix rubberbanding
2) Allow triggering powerplays behind you, or in front of you w/ no enemies
It'd be nice to be in first and trigger something in front of you just so you can plan around it instead of getting caught in the middle of it
3) Only allow CPU to use vehicles you have unlocked
I can't tell you how many races I've been in where the CPU is using that last car in the game, GT 12 or something, and this is in Episodes 6,7,8

Masterbelg
05-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Improving the drifting, better driveable cars and often I got rammed by a car from behind and than my view went down like my car was on top of his (I drive in bumper view), remove that too.

red mist 85
05-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Definitley the drifting. It just doesn't quite work. The back end just drifts out too far and there's not enough control while drifting. Some cars are worse than others, but it does need fixing because the game is very reliant on the drift mechanic to fill the meter.

Also it goes without saying that the rubberbanding issue needs sorting out. It can be ridiculous sometimes.

Finally, when you come into contact with other cars, it would be good if you could take them down (like in burnout) instead of spinning out of control, when they so much as touch you from behind.

often I got rammed by a car from behind and than my view went down like my car was on top of his

This happens to me a lot too. They kind of drive under you and you end up on their roof for a few seconds!

Blizzard7
05-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Why are people complaining about rubber-banding? It's not nearly as present as some other arcade racers and what would you rather do, just drive through a track miles ahead with nothing happening, or let the computer players throw power plays at you to keep you pumped and on your toes. If you don't want rubber-banding, play online, plain and simple.

Evo Kazz
05-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Why are people complaining about rubber-banding? It's not nearly as present as some other arcade racers and what would you rather do, just drive through a track miles ahead with nothing happening, or let the computer players throw power plays at you to keep you pumped and on your toes. If you don't want rubber-banding, play online, plain and simple.

I have to agree, did you guys not play the demo? Rubberbanding not present and it was extremely boring being 1st place all the time, no power plays, no wrecks, dull it was, and you all moaned about the lack of fun, so the Retail hits and its intense as hell and you can't cope with it? How can the developers win. I got gold in all events and some were hard but not insane, all was done in 10 attempts or less.

xhunterrrr
05-28-2010, 08:26 PM
I have to agree, did you guys not play the demo? Rubberbanding not present and it was extremely boring being 1st place all the time, no power plays, no wrecks, dull it was, and you all moaned about the lack of fun, so the Retail hits and its intense as hell and you can't cope with it? How can the developers win. I got gold in all events and some were hard but not insane, all was done in 10 attempts or less.

I enjoyed the demo greatly. I liked being able to fight my way to first and then being able to stay there.

NeonInVermont
05-28-2010, 09:30 PM

How can they win? Well they could do like almost every other racing game does and add a difficulty option to it. There are plenty of racing games out that are, easy on easy and hard on hard. They could also make it so when your in first you can trigger power plays behind you so you can prevent them from catching up to you to make being in first less dull.
Making the game so the AI racers are gods that cant be taken down and cant be bumped is a whole different thing.
I mean, when im driving the fastest car in the game, and the other cars are slower than me, I wreck them on a corner before a straight away and then after I go past the pile of cars and hit the straight away, they catch up to me and pass me even though I have the fastest car and they don't? That's just plain BS no matter how you look at it.
This game has alot more to do with luck than it does skill. Thats why BLUR is so much better.
This game to me was rushed. I still think its a cool idea, I just think they could of put a little more time into it.

skizzle168168
05-29-2010, 04:17 AM
What are you guys smoking? triggering a power play at just the right moment, then getting out front and avoiding the massive onslaught of power plays behind you to finally get out to a nice lead only to have a group of cars that are 8-9 seconds behind you miraculously not only catch you in the blink of an eye but then rocket past you like they have a flux capicitor.. Thats fun to you??
I have felt cheated endless times in this game.They took a great idea for a game and ruined it with cheating AI. I wont even get started on the helicopter.. Sheeesh:mad:

Tru_Warrior
05-29-2010, 06:28 AM

for the love of games - this QFMFT. Lead developer said there was NO rubberband AI in this game - damn liar. This mess is harder than PURE

zimzvm
05-29-2010, 08:09 AM
no it isn't at least so far. I believe the difficulty is the same. sometimes very punishing but still possible to beat without too much effort. still having some skills is essential.
if you are bitching about this AI, I advise you to play Sega Rally. this game's AI is really cheap. and I mean CHEAP and helluva frustrating.

Bolt
05-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Use X to trigger traps behind you to wreck rivals.

kingsisqo
05-29-2010, 11:45 PM

EDIT: Being "invincible" for a few seconds after spawning. I am getting tired of getting rammed off the track or into a crash as soon as I spawn after a crash. If other cars just drove through you for a few seconds after a spawn, it would be SO much better.

EDIT2: No more of those damn slow motion shots when they move the camera away from your car to look at a wreck. It has caused me to wreck more than once.

rubberbanding is a problem but being invincible is not a good idea. imagine the complainin on line etc and just the unrealism of that. maybe they can add car collisions instead so the driver speeding can get wasted although spawing into that is not fair. Lol did you not like burnout takedown either? rubberbanding is intense on this too.

Dont the camera slow down away from the race when you press LB?
im sure if it slows down automatically it does it in slow motion where it doesnt take you away from the road.
Thats my experience anyway. so im suggesting just dont press it....but id assume you wouldnt but like i said it only takes me away from from the race when i press it but if i dont then it just goes slow as im driving.

Tru_Warrior
05-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Also:

1. Add nitrous
2. Add maybe a rewind feature like Full Auto
3. Difficulty options for offline
4. Categorize cars by class
5. Maybe get some real cars?
6. Show how many cars you have left to unlock
7. No dumb unlock everything DLC. Stupid how some have to work to earn those cars while others just buy their way into it.

DarkMellow
06-01-2010, 01:36 AM
well considering ive just completed the game I do have some things I would like to see:

1) A free roam mode like burnout where we drive to our missions
2) A story mode that consists of going against the rival station (the guys who come in at ending)
3) More mode types for online and offline
4) Difficulty option offline

The only real problems I had with this was the episode 10 elite race (getting 1st) and beating the times for construction and power plant for cheeves, they took me a good couple of hours.

Finall beat construction at 1:05:63 with Ryback Firestorm and power plant at 1:17:79 with Hanzo FX350

yippy smalz
06-01-2010, 04:36 AM
I honestly would like them to take out air strike and survival, I have not played the revenge air strike yet so idk how that is. I would rather race instead of dodge hellicopter missiles or barrels its just annoying and boring. I also wouldnt mind seeing different things used to wreck rivals with power play, seeing the helicopter drop bombs or seeing the crane swipe by is very repetitive. Other than that i dont mind replaying races for first place, but different scenery than the nine or so levels would be nice

DarkCreations
06-01-2010, 08:44 PM
No more of those damn slow motion shots when they move the camera away from your car to look at a wreck. It has caused me to wreck more than once.

Definately this.

And also a few more different game modes and the ability to trigger power plays behind you (by looking behind obviously).

Murgatroyd7
06-02-2010, 12:58 AM
I don't see why it matters if other games have worse rubberbanding. We're talking about this game and the rubberbanding is awful. And there is still rubberbanding online; it isn't only for the AI.

Milosuperspesh
09-16-2011, 03:46 PM
shortcuts count as triggering power plays behind you imo

the game needs a hub world/ level

rubber banding is more present in the elite races than the norm's

ep 12 was a total pooch dry humper till i worked out how to slow down the top 3 drivers as they always earn a 8 second lead in two laps

rule of thumb seemed to be max out you power play metre when theres a tight corner use them all on it then save for a route changer

if it's a rival show for the sequel a sort of pick your own splosion/incident makes sence

also are these cars remote or with ppl in them i never quite got that ;)

BH Slick
09-26-2011, 01:33 PM
This thread is kind of pointless considering that as of like May, the game is cancelled. Black Rock laid off a ton of employees and the game is not currently in development (it was). Some of the laid off employees have created a new studio called Roundcube Entertainment, but I doubt they have rights to work on the game.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/07/20/assets-from-split-second-2-leaked-game-still-canceled.aspx

Tsaako
06-20-2012, 10:51 PM

I really hate that about the game, it can be quite frustrating.

WaRDeMoN787
07-09-2012, 09:15 AM
As much as I'd like to see a 2nd game, I believe I read somewhere Disney cancelled the project for a prequel. =/