PDA

View Full Version : Super Shotgun placement in weapon select

mjc0961
05-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Why is it between the chainsaw and fist? Does this bother anyone else? It's driving me nuts, personally. I'd rather have it between the regular shotgun and the chaingun.

Hopefully they can patch in some kind of option to decide where it goes or something, but right now, it kinda stinks.

RadiantViper
05-26-2010, 01:30 PM
IIRC, up on the d-pad chooses between your 2 shotguns, with the double shotgun going first.

I was personally hoping that it would be like Half-Life 2 where you can see icons on your screen when switching with the d-pad, but that's just me nit-picking.

AshleyBazSivorn
05-26-2010, 01:33 PM
They've Done It Based On The Ammo Type (Except :ddown:)

:dup: Super Shotgun / Shotgun (Shells)
:dleft: Plasma Gun / BFG 9000 (Cells)
:dright: Chaingun / Pistol (Bullets)
:ddown: Rocket Launcher / Chainsaw /Fist

mjc0961
05-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Wait, you can use the d-pad? I didn't even know that. :p

I was just using :ybut: and :bbut:, and was going nuts that they put the Super Shotgun so far away from the regular. Thanks guys.

Devalaous
05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
I was raging at this too, till I figured out the D-pad

Bkoz
05-26-2010, 11:48 PM
They've Done It Based On The Ammo Type (Except :ddown:)

:dup: Super Shotgun / Shotgun (Shells)
:dleft: Plasma Gun / BFG 9000 (Cells)
:dright: Chaingun / Pistol (Bullets)
:ddown: Rocket Launcher / Chainsaw /Fist

Thank you so much, you have saved me from torment.

AshleyBazSivorn
05-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Thank you so much, you have saved me from torment.
No prob mate :)

Im use to these controls as I map the same button layout for when Im playing Doom II on the PC with my 360 controler . . . XPADDER! ;)

Kahn13
05-27-2010, 03:06 AM
The Super Shotgun placement also bothered me at first but now it's the Fist/Berserk. With all the weapons it takes 3 :ddown: presses (i.e. Rocket Launcher, Chainsaw, Fist) which can kind of be annoying or, to a lesser extent - even the Pistol being two button presses away (it might just be me but when a full-on Shotgun blast doesn't finish a demon off i'll often pull out the Pistol to finish them off and conserve ammo).

I really wished they would let us have our own custom control settings in these Doom games.

mjc0961
05-27-2010, 08:59 AM
The Super Shotgun placement also bothered me at first but now it's the Fist/Berserk. With all the weapons it takes 3 :ddown: presses (i.e. Rocket Launcher, Chainsaw, Fist) which can kind of be annoying or, to a lesser extent - even the Pistol being two button presses away (it might just be me but when a full-on Shotgun blast doesn't finish a demon off i'll often pull out the Pistol to finish them off and conserve ammo).

I really wished they would let us have our own custom control settings in these Doom games. Yeah, what gets me is you can't tap it quickly and have it give you want you want. Say, you can't sit there with the shotgun out, and say "Okay, I want the chainsaw" and tap down twice quickly. You have to wait for the Rocket Launcher to get pulled out, and then tap down again.

I find that a bit annoying, because in the GBA version of Doom 2, you could just click the weapon cycle a few times and it would switch to the weapon corresponding to how many times you clicked. So if you were on the Rocket Launcher and wanted the BFG, if you clicked it twice really fast, it would skip the Plasma Gun and just give you the BFG.