PDA

View Full Version : What are your views on downloading music?

dm master
05-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Hey guys, title says it all.

I personally feel that it is wrong to download it illegally because of all the effort that has gone into it, however i have been known to borrow CDs and things which is essentially the same thing. But whenever i have the money i will always buy the CD.

I also prefer to have a physical copy of the music, so i can play it in the car and everything. It just makes it feel more "mine".

What are your views on illegal downloading? And do you prefer CDs or Downloads?

Iconoclast
05-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I chose the "I don't care" option, simply because I'm caught in between. I download most of my music, but there's specific albums that I'll buy from artists that I really like (recently: Crash Love by AFI, Ocean Eyes by Owl City, The Listening by LIGHTS, just to name a few).

I like to support the artists that I like...but when I only want a specific song or two and not the entire album, it makes more sense not to have to pay for the entire thing. Thank you Internets.

Classix
05-26-2010, 04:24 PM
I download, see if like. If like, buy.

Hero Of Acre
05-26-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm guessing you mean illegally downingloading music, in which case I am completely against it. Some people would say that musicans don't make money on people buying there songs and it only gives money to the evil record companies, but keep in mind that even if the musicans don't recieve money from sales, they still benefit from them. The more CDs and digital downloads they've sold, the more likely they are to be booked at venues, and more radio play (if it's radio music).

Shinobi273
05-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Piracy is not allowed here. We don't appreciate people downloading games, it's not a far jump from movies and music.

TBH, with youtube and download services you don't have to buy bad albums. You can listen to many bands on youtube before you buy anything. If you only like one song, you can buy just one track. This isn't the 90s, there are legitamate options.