PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop Pre-order Bonus

Chief Fuglyhead
05-26-2010, 05:43 PM
I pre-ordered Blur from Gamestop. The bonus was the Day One Multiplayer Booster Pack (double the fans for your first 10 online races, a race mode, and the Ford Bronco). Apparently the code for the bonus was supposed to be sent via email on the release date (yesterday), but I still haven't received it. According to my order @ Gamestop.com, the email is "backordered." Not sure how that's possible, but I was curious if anyone else was having the same issue. I'm eager to start playing online, but I don't want to do it if it will negate the whole reason for the multiplayer bonus.

Masterkeebler
05-26-2010, 06:30 PM
I received a code from my gamestop. they gave it to me when I picked up my game.

NeonInVermont
05-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I got my code when I picked up my game.
Got home and scratched it off to reveal the code. Put the code in and it said it wasn't valid and told me to enter a valid code. I did it again, had my g/f read it to me, had her do it and the same thing came up.
So it seems to me that they are having issues with there codes.
I'm with you, im not going online till the damn thing works.

Bergy3
05-26-2010, 08:29 PM
You're missing out on the truckloads of experience you get from daily challenges.

I have the same code from preorder and I am having the same invalid msgs, but if I am reading the description correctly you only earn 2x fans for the first 5 MotorMash event races.

Leaving you free to participate in the other races until the problem is fixed. :)

Chief Fuglyhead
05-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Guess I'll just play then. I had too much fun during the beta to warrant holding out until Gamestop gets their act together. Thanks, guys. :woop:

MonkeyPunchBaby
05-26-2010, 08:41 PM
i have an extra code if anyone wants it. send me a message on live. my gt is my sn

code has been given out. i may get some more here soon though.

ElvisOfTheDead
05-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Best Buy codes did not work as well. I tried again at around 10:00pm last night and they both worked, so give it a shot if you haven't already :)

SirVexBruzer
05-26-2010, 09:09 PM
There dropping the ball. You should have received the card with the scratch of code when you picked up the game.

Chief Fuglyhead
05-26-2010, 09:30 PM
I should have been more clear. I pre-ordered Blur online @ Gamestop.com. They were supposed to sent out an email yesterday with the bonus code, but I haven't received anything from them yet. I called their customer support, but they couldn't tell me anything other than they hadn't sent me an email yet.

I'm not really a fan of Gamestop because something similar happened to me the last time I made a pre-order with them. I guess I should just stick with Amazon from now on.

Glenster
05-26-2010, 11:55 PM
It works now. I contacted Activision yesterday about it, and they said it was a problem and they were fixing it. I put the code in this morning and everything worked.

Flocke
05-27-2010, 05:08 AM
I should have been more clear. I pre-ordered Blur online @ Gamestop.com. They were supposed to sent out an email yesterday with the bonus code, but I haven't received anything from them yet. I called their customer support, but they couldn't tell me anything other than they hadn't sent me an email yet.

I'm not really a fan of Gamestop because something similar happened to me the last time I made a pre-order with them. I guess I should just stick with Amazon from now on.

You could try going to your local Gamestop and see if they have some extra cards. Maybe they'll give you one. I went to my local Gamestop and no one preordered the game, so I was able to get the card even though I didn't preorder. Worth a shot I guess. Maybe tell them it has been on back order and you preordered the game online.

The booster kit isn't that great though. I was hoping that this Ford Bronco was an exclusive vehicle that can only be unlocked with this code. Well it isn't. You can easily unlock that vehicle after playing a few races in the multiplayer game. Pretty much everything about this bonus isn't that great. You can basically get everything it gives you by simply playing the game for a little while.

Best Buy has a Dodge Viper ACR...not sure if that is a exclusive vehicle that can only be unlocked w/ the code.

BTW...the code is inside of the case for the Best Buy bonus. It is not a seperate card like the Day 1 Advantage Booster Kit from Gamestop. The UPC is different for the Best Buy one that has the Dodge Viper. It also has a little circle on the cover w/ a picture of the Viper. Also, the Best Buy offer isn't just a pre-order bonus. It's just limited to whoever buys that particular Blur game from Best Buy.

Kmart has a Chrome BMW if you order from them.

http://img231.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-12347/loc37/56318_bestbuy_122_37lo.jpg

bedlight
05-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Extra code is gone.

Chief Fuglyhead
05-27-2010, 04:05 PM
You could try going to your local Gamestop and see if they have some extra cards. Maybe they'll give you one. I went to my local Gamestop and no one preordered the game, so I was able to get the card even though I didn't preorder. Worth a shot I guess. Maybe tell them it has been on back order and you preordered the game online.

The booster kit isn't that great though. I was hoping that this Ford Bronco was an exclusive vehicle that can only be unlocked with this code. Well it isn't. You can easily unlock that vehicle after playing a few races in the multiplayer game. Pretty much everything about this bonus isn't that great. You can basically get everything it gives you by simply playing the game for a little while.

Best Buy has a Dodge Viper ACR...not sure if that is a exclusive vehicle that can only be unlocked w/ the code.

BTW...the code is inside of the case for the Best Buy bonus. It is not a seperate card like the Day 1 Advantage Booster Kit from Gamestop. The UPC is different for the Best Buy one that has the Dodge Viper. It also has a little circle on the cover w/ a picture of the Viper. Also, the Best Buy offer isn't just a pre-order bonus. It's just limited to whoever buys that particular Blur game from Best Buy.

Kmart has a Chrome BMW if you order from them.

Actually, I got a confirmation email from Gamestop this morning stating that my "PREMIUM, BLUR TOKEN XB360 INET" shipped today. Since it's being shipped via the internet (i.e. email), I'm dumbfounded as to how 3 hours have passed and I still haven't received it. Anyhow, I started playing multiplayer last night, ranking up to level 7, so the pre-order bonus is now completely useless to me. Considering that was the only reason I chose to order Blur from Gamestop over Amazon, it just renewed my lack of faith in that store and I won't make the mistake of ordering anything from them again (even though I really want Shockwave). C'est la vie.

Flocke
05-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Actually, I got a confirmation email from Gamestop this morning stating that my "PREMIUM, BLUR TOKEN XB360 INET" shipped today. Since it's being shipped via the internet (i.e. email), I'm dumbfounded as to how 3 hours have passed and I still haven't received it. Anyhow, I started playing multiplayer last night, ranking up to level 7, so the pre-order bonus is now completely useless to me. Considering that was the only reason I chose to order Blur from Gamestop over Amazon, it just renewed my lack of faith in that store and I won't make the mistake of ordering anything from them again (even though I really want Shockwave). C'est la vie.

You can try e-mailing them to complain about this. Their website said they would e-mail the code on the release date. Tell them you ordered from their company because of the bonus offer and that you were expecting to receive it via e-mail.

Might get a store credit or something out of it. :)

SatNiteEduardo
05-28-2010, 02:56 PM
I am confused. The code is not the normal length. Is it meant to be used the same as other redeem codes through the marketplace?

It is coming up as invalid

DLStChad II
05-29-2010, 12:04 PM
I got the code alright but even though ive downloaded that pack it doesnt seem to be giving me double fans on the motormash, ive doen 3 of them aswell.
Anyone else having this problem?

IAMTHEBISHOP
05-30-2010, 11:15 AM
I pre ordered Blur from game stop with 2 day delivery and my code was in envelope game was sent in.