PDA

View Full Version : How do people already own this game?

gmorra
05-26-2010, 05:57 PM
How is it that I am reading of people already in possession of this game? The first release is for Australia and that isn't until tommorow the 27th of May!:confused:

kvant
05-26-2010, 06:38 PM
"I got lucky and store sold/sent it early" is prolly the usual explanation you will get.

But in the other hand it seems that torrents of the game popped up few days ago.

gmorra
05-26-2010, 07:03 PM
"I got lucky and store sold/sent it early" is prolly the usual explanation you will get.

But in the other hand it seems that torrents of the game popped up few days ago.

Very true!

Sabrelord
05-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Why has it allways to be Downloaded ?
I can show you 2 links to german video rental stores where its available since yesterday.

JFL13
05-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Yesterday morning, I received from my Game store (in France) my legit pre-ordered copy of the XBox 360 game. Apparently, all French Game stores received their copies (along with exclusive bonus codes fliers) on the 26th...

Like the game very much so far, although I barely started it.

Jewls
05-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Kinda sucks. Wish I was French.:(

Frozza
05-27-2010, 12:21 AM
How is it that I am reading of people already in possession of this game? The first release is for Australia and that isn't until tommorow the 27th of May!:confused:

In Australia EB games recieved stock and started selling on Tues 25/5 citing the game was not street dated. GAME followed soon after hence why so many Aussies have the game already.

mrsantos
05-27-2010, 01:00 AM

This type of question has been asked millions of times. There are 2 sure ways to do it.

1. A store is selling it early. It happens more than you think.

2. Downloaded from a website. This happens more than the above.

Both ways are the only sure ways to get it early. Some people might say that they are testers or reviewer. But the 2 ways stated above are still the way to go.
Am not accusing people that have the game early of stealing it. But c'mon "Millions are doing it" it's one of those video game taboos. or like we use to say in the military, Don't ask Don't tell.

Clavy
05-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Same here in Netherland, some stores just sell some games a few days earlier.

Only thing is often with the dlc codes with some games that they aren't working untill the official launch date, but other than that, it is often nice that shops are selling games earlier.

shawn6110
05-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Some countries have different realease dates. plus some send the game out early by accident!

Aussie Revhead
05-27-2010, 07:22 AM
iv had it since yesterday it's not that good:mad: gonna bring it back 2 eb

JEDI MASTER 0B1
05-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Us players in the Uk can get games a day or 2 early,just go to your local vidgame store the little ones not the big chains like Game etc,sometimes u can be lucky and get them even eariler i got gta & halo nearly a week before release,I'll have Alpha P 2day and blur just know waiting for my local store to call me,plus it keeps the little shops open and not letting the big chains decide pricing.But u r right our release dates suck to everywhere else.Hope it helps u get some games early.

slayer3100
05-27-2010, 10:37 AM
I got mine early because i work at blockbusters and i am alowed to rent anything that comes in before it is actualy released.

booster17
05-27-2010, 11:26 AM
My shopto preorder just arrived this morning, one day early. Least I got basic training done before I had to go to work.

gmorra
05-27-2010, 12:24 PM
I see, I see....well for all of you who already own the game, how is it???? Is it worth a purchase????

primus01
05-27-2010, 12:40 PM
i got it one the 25th. i get a fair few games early coz our games get shipped a few days b4 release here, and if they dont have a street date, they can sell em the second they come into the store. i just call up and ask if the game is in

JFL13
05-27-2010, 05:41 PM
I see, I see....well for all of you who already own the game, how is it???? Is it worth a purchase????

Haven't had time to really put my teeth into this game, but so far, what I can write:

- Excellent story developments and characters right from the start. You feel from the beginning that a lot of time will be spent on info acquisition and treatment. Nice job in making you feel in a ''world of espionage''.

- Tons of weapons and upgrades.

- Those who like playing stealth style will be happy.

- Nice mix of action-stealth-hacking-puzzle.

On the other hand, graphics are far from par (one might even say they're somewhat ugly for a 2010 game).
Character customization options are stripped to a bare minimum (lady gamers will be sorry to hear they can't play as a female character).
AI could be very performing and challenging, but sometimes very stupid...

Overall (and, again, with only a few hours spent playing) I like this game so far. It does a good job in making me believe any of my actions and speech interactions are important and have an impact on the story. It helps me forget the poor graphics quality (never was a big factor for me anyway - that's personal).

Of course, that's only a personal opinion and I won't be suprized if this game receives bad marks because of its graphics and a few glitches (although not show-stopping one, IMO).

[M]ike
05-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Just want to point out, it's not just people who have torrented it - mine is a review copy.

Crazed Weevil
05-28-2010, 06:55 AM
My copy turned up yesterday. Only had time to put a couple of hours its way last night but it was good (in fact I had to force myself to stop when I hit midnight). As others have said:

- Graphics are poor, but functional, as are the animations. They aren't trying to sell this as the latest and greatest graphics engine though. It seems to have focused on the mechanics of the game first. Nice change of pace if you ask meÖvery old school.

- Conversion control works quite well having to choose a 'stance' for any replies and how you can manipulate people into giving you things. Also doesnít punish you for upsetting people (in fact it almost encourages you to do so). Voice acting isn't bad either yet, though I haven't got to any foreigners yet (who are normally the worst done with all the fake accents).

- Loads of equipment, weapons, armours, etc., to play with and customise and they all seem to have a purpose as well so far.

- Gameplay mechanics work well. Stealth works sensibly (i.e. line of sight cover, distance and shadow), weapons as well for an RPG (this isn't a third person shooter) and some very well made mini-games for lock picking, hacking and disabling alarms, etc. (much better than any Iíve seen in years).

Overall I would say this has a very 'Deus Ex' feel to it which is great because that is one of favourite games and there hasnít been anything close to it since. If you like that type of game (or even remember it...it came out 10 years ago...gods I'm getting old ), then you you'll probably like this...

MattyHustedUk
05-28-2010, 05:44 PM
i got mine from game this morning

wh1tel1ght
05-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Kinda sucks. Wish I was French.:(

i think thats the first and last time someone will even actually WANT to be french.

ArcticNinja0418
05-29-2010, 03:22 AM
I got mine early because i work at blockbusters and i am alowed to rent anything that comes in before it is actualy released.
WHAT!?!?! Blockbuster does that? wish i worked for them, which state do you live in?

Dragon83uk
06-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Overall I would say this has a very 'Deus Ex' feel to it which is great because that is one of favourite games and there hasnít been anything close to it since. If you like that type of game (or even remember it...it came out 10 years ago...gods I'm getting old ), then you you'll probably like this...

Sounds good, I really enjoyed the old Deus Ex game so this one might fill some time in between now and when the new DE comes out.

Blueprotoss
06-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I bought and received this game from Gamestop on June 1. I can't beleive people need to Pirate games. I'm not Rich while I can afford to buy some New and Used games in general.