PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight Division the best?

PerpetualHeaven
04-06-2007, 06:59 PM
So I was watching UFC Fight night last night and I have to say the two fights with Ken Flo vs Mishima and Steveson vs Guillard were really good fights. Then after that I saw Ultimate Fighter 5 with all lightweight division... man oh man. The reason I like this division so much is because of the amazing speed. Since they're so light, the fighting is so much more fast paced. I mean the ground and pound is even really energetic and exciting. I'm not saying it's the overall best, but I'm going to say that it may become the best. Since they guys are much leaner and smaller, this means they aren't being held down by excess weight.. more energy. I mean the Ken Flo fight. ooo wee.. He was so energetic throughout the entire fight. Beating Mishima's face in non-stop. Then the Steveson vs Guillard fight lasted like 30 seconds. Stevenson came in fists swinging so fast. He's such a hard striker. I havent' seen many fighters come in and fight so hard and fast as lightweight fighters. It makes for most excitement. Anyone agree?

celr831
04-08-2007, 04:47 AM
I totally agree. The lightweights are way more exciting to watch. Faster pace to the matches but less knockouts.

clear31
04-11-2007, 11:25 PM
maybe down the line but i think welterweight is still the top division. Theres just so much talent there and so many people capable of winning that title.

I mean come on you got GSP who i still think is the top but simply got caught , Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Matt Serra, Diego Sanchez, Karo Parysian, Josh Koscheck, Nick Diaz, Luke Cummo, Chris Lytle, and more

that to me is the most stacked division in the ufc right now.