PDA

View Full Version : The National Movie Awards 2010

iBlessing 09
05-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Any of you watching it? I am and it's good so far.

Iconoclast
05-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Streamed it online this morning at work. I'd say I agree with about half of the winners, although I really dislike seeing awards going to less-than-mediocre movies like New Moon; the movie itself is awful...tt might be based on a well-written and popular novel, but I just can't see how it would win other than popularity among naive and overly-impressionable teenage females.

PS - Sir Roger Moore! Even though he's near the bottom of my "best Bond actors" list, it was still cool to see him. Sheesh, is he ever old now.

iBlessing 09
05-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Streamed it online this morning at work. I'd say I agree with about half of the winners, although I really dislike seeing awards going to less-than-mediocre movies like New Moon; the movie itself is awful...tt might be based on a well-written and popular novel, but I just can't see how it would win other than popularity among naive and overly-impressionable teenage females.
I couldn't agree more. For example, Avatar was a much better film in every respect. The CG was outstanding, so was the acting, the story line was superb and it was 3D.

Without Robert Pattinson the Twilight Saga would lose half there popularity.

Iconoclast
05-27-2010, 06:30 PM
I couldn't agree more. For example, Avatar was a much better film in every respect. The CG was outstanding, so was the acting, the story line was superb and it was 3D.

Hahah well I hate to be the one to have to disagree, but I actually thought Avatar was hardcore overrated. I mean, it was certainly well-made, don't get me wrong...I just didn't enjoy the movie. I get why I won, though, it just wouldn't have been my pick.

Without Robert Pattinson the Twilight Saga would lose half there popularity.

Now this I couldn't agree more with. Personally I like him as an actor in other things (ie. his role as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter, albeit a fairly minor role in the movies), but I just didn't like him in the Twilight movies (probably because I just don't like the movies in general). I mean, there's no doubt that he's attractive (minus the stereotypical shabby British teeth), but I don't get why girls seem to drop their panties over him. It's the same with Justin Bieber, only about 5 years younger.